Version 1.6.** Last updated on 6 January 2019 at 9:50am EDT
I am pleased to announce the general availability of version 1.6.** of my Free Ecobee Suite.
You can install this release directly on top of your existing v1.5.** release.
Highlights of This Release
The most significant changes to 1.6.** include:
Reservations have been re-implemented in the 1.6.10 release, to overcome several issues found with the prior implementation.
- New Android Optimizations added to Ecobee Suite Manager v1.6.13 and Ecobee Thermostat v1.6.15
- Via a new preference setting in Ecobee Suite Manager (under Preferences), users can now specify the type of mobile device they are using (iOS or Android).
- Where SmartThings operates differently on these devices, the code now tries to optimize for the platform.
- Primary differences are Heat/Cool At and Heat/Cool To on iOS (but not Android), and OperatingState ‘Off’ on iOS (but not Android).
- The default is ‘iOS’, so if you have an Android, please go change the preference setting.
- Notifications to Multiple SMS Numbers Given that SmartThings is removing support for the Contacts List on July 29, 2018, I have reworked notifications for all applications to use SMS and to support multiple numbers.
- Asynchronous HTTP Polling is now significantly more efficient
- Reservations A new internal-use-only capability has been implemented so that Helper SmartApps can coordinate their actions. For example, if one Helper sets the thermostat Mode to Off, via reservations other Helpers won’t turn it back on again. Note that manual changes will override reservations, however.
- Dew Point support in Smart Mode You can now specify that Mode Off commands should not be executed if the external Dew Point is higher than a comfortable level (e.g., 65°F).
- New Weather Sources in Smart Mode If you use a SmartThings Weather Station, such as my MeteoWeather Weather Station, you can select it as your weather source for temperature, humidity and dewpoint, giving you hyper-local weather updates (MeteoWeather requires a Meteobridge gateway for your personal weather station).
As always, the latest code, documentation and installation instructions can be found here:
Please provide bug reports, feedback, questions, requests, and even complaints here on this thread…
|^||Multi||1.6.01||Fixed sendMessage() in Contacts, Routines, Smart Mode & Smart Room|
|2018-07-30||Multi||1.6.03||Fixed reservations initialization error in Quiet Time & Smart Circulation|
|^||Multi||1.6.04||Fixed reservations initialization error in Open Contacts & Smart Mode|
|^||Thermostat||1.6.01||Fixed reservations initialization error|
|^||Open Contacts||1.6.05||Fixed getDeviceId()|
|^||ALL||1.6.10||Resync release with revised reservations implementation|
|^||Multi||1.6.11||Release reservations when disabling in Contacts & Switches, Quiet Time, Smart Circulation & Smart Mode|
|2018-07-31||Thermostat||1.6.12||Fix type conversion error for Auto Mode setpoints|
|^||Multi||1.6.12||Reservation Helpers support Manual Overrides - see announcement below|
|2018-08-07||Manager||1.6.13||Optimizations for Android via new Preference setting|
|^||Thermostat||1.6.15||Optimizations for Android setpoint display|
|2018-08-08||Open Contacts||1.6.14||Integration with updated *Setpoint handling|
|2018-08-14||Manager||1.6.14||Fixes for offline sensor temperature attribute|
|2018-08-18||Manager||1.6.15||Fixed initialization errors|
|2018-09-11||Routines||1.6.12||Fix Mode Change action|
|^||Thermostat||1.6.18||Fix coolingSetpoint display|
|2018-09-14||Manager||1.6.16||Corrected capitalization of currentProgram for Auto Home/Away|
|2018-10-19||Smart Mode||1.6.15||Fixed external temp range selection, support both °F and °C|
|2018-10-24||Smart Circulation||1.6.13||Adds relative humidity restrictor|
|^||Smart Mode||1.6.16||Fixes initialization error with ST Sensors|
|2018-11-17||Smart Mode||1.6.17||Fixes dewpoint for PWS that don’t provide it to WU|
|2018-11-26||Manager||1.6.17||Fix reporting of off-line sensors|
|2018-12-02||Quiet Time||1.6.15||Added optional Auto-Off|
|^||Routines||1.6.13||Cleaned up Fan Mode Auto/Circulate handling|
|2018-12-21||Manager||1.6.18||Clean up removal of temp/test devices during initial installation|
|2019-01-06||Manager||1.6.22||Cleanup logging and handle ST sunrise/sunset errors|