[DEPRECATED] Free Ecobee Suite, version 1.6.**

Universal Ecobee Suite, version 1.8.** Released

As of February 23, 2020, the latest release of my Ecobee Suite can be found here:

Release 1.6.** has been DEPRECATED

Current users are encouraged to upgrade to the new Universal Ecobee Suite, version 1.8.**

Highlights of This Release

The most significant changes to 1.6.** include:

• New schedule/setSchedule support. Now supports the new SmartThings-defined Thermostat attribute/command for changing the running program. Additional documentation is available here in the SmartThings Community and also here on GitHub.
  • New Android Optimizations added to Ecobee Suite Manager v1.6.13 and Ecobee Thermostat v1.6.15
    • Via a new preference setting in Ecobee Suite Manager (under Preferences), users can now specify the type of mobile device they are using (iOS or Android).
    • Where SmartThings operates differently on these devices, the code now tries to optimize for the platform.
    • Primary differences are Heat/Cool At and Heat/Cool To on iOS (but not Android), and OperatingState ā€˜Offā€™ on iOS (but not Android).
    • The default is ā€˜iOSā€™, so if you have an Android, please go change the preference setting.
  • Notifications to Multiple SMS Numbers Given that SmartThings is removing support for the Contacts List on July 29, 2018, I have reworked notifications for all applications to use SMS and to support multiple numbers.
  • Asynchronous HTTP Polling is now significantly more efficient
  • Reservations A new internal-use-only capability has been implemented so that Helper SmartApps can coordinate their actions. For example, if one Helper sets the thermostat Mode to Off, via reservations other Helpers wonā€™t turn it back on again. Note that manual changes will override reservations, however.
  • Dew Point support in Smart Mode You can now specify that Mode Off commands should not be executed if the external Dew Point is higher than a comfortable level (e.g., 65Ā°F).
  • New Weather Sources in Smart Mode If you use a SmartThings Weather Station, such as my MeteoWeather Weather Station, you can select it as your weather source for temperature, humidity and dewpoint, giving you hyper-local weather updates (MeteoWeather requires a Meteobridge gateway for your personal weather station).

As always, the latest code, documentation and installation instructions can be found here:

Please provide bug reports, feedback, questions, requests, and even complaints here on this threadā€¦

Change Log

Date File Version Changes
2018-07-29 ALL v1.6.00 General Release
^ Multi 1.6.01 Fixed sendMessage() in Contacts, Routines, Smart Mode & Smart Room
2018-07-30 Multi 1.6.03 Fixed reservations initialization error in Quiet Time & Smart Circulation
^ Multi 1.6.04 Fixed reservations initialization error in Open Contacts & Smart Mode
^ Thermostat 1.6.01 Fixed reservations initialization error
^ Open Contacts 1.6.05 Fixed getDeviceId()
^ ALL 1.6.10 Resync release with revised reservations implementation
^ Multi 1.6.11 Release reservations when disabling in Contacts & Switches, Quiet Time, Smart Circulation & Smart Mode
2018-07-31 Thermostat 1.6.12 Fix type conversion error for Auto Mode setpoints
^ Multi 1.6.12 Reservation Helpers support Manual Overrides - see announcement below
2018-08-07 Manager 1.6.13 Optimizations for Android via new Preference setting
^ Thermostat 1.6.15 Optimizations for Android setpoint display
2018-08-08 Open Contacts 1.6.14 Integration with updated *Setpoint handling
^ Quiet Time 1.6.13 Ditto
^ Smart Mode 1.6.14 Ditto
^ Smart Zones 1.6.11 Ditto
2018-08-14 Manager 1.6.14 Fixes for offline sensor temperature attribute
^ Smart Vents 1.6.11 Ditto
^ Sensor 1.6.11 Ditto
2018-08-18 Manager 1.6.15 Fixed initialization errors
^ Thermostat 1.6.16 Ditto
2018-09-11 Routines 1.6.12 Fix Mode Change action
^ Thermostat 1.6.18 Fix coolingSetpoint display
2018-09-14 Manager 1.6.16 Corrected capitalization of currentProgram for Auto Home/Away
2018-10-19 Smart Mode 1.6.15 Fixed external temp range selection, support both Ā°F and Ā°C
2018-10-24 Smart Circulation 1.6.13 Adds relative humidity restrictor
^ Smart Mode 1.6.16 Fixes initialization error with ST Sensors
2018-11-17 Smart Mode 1.6.17 Fixes dewpoint for PWS that donā€™t provide it to WU
2018-11-26 Manager 1.6.17 Fix reporting of off-line sensors
^ Sensor 1.6.13 Ditto
2018-12-02 Quiet Time 1.6.15 Added optional Auto-Off
^ Routines 1.6.13 Cleaned up Fan Mode Auto/Circulate handling
2018-12-21 Manager 1.6.18 Clean up removal of temp/test devices during initial installation
2019-01-06 Manager 1.6.22 Cleanup logging and handle ST sunrise/sunset errors
2019-01-30 Manager 1.6.23 New setProgramSetpoints(), better error handling
^ Thermostat 1.6.21 New setProgramSetpoints()
^ Smart Mode 1.6.21 Change Program Setpoints along with/instead of changing Modes
^ Open Contacts 1.6.17 Minor text edit
2019-02-26 Smart Vents 1.6.12 Added support for selecting ā€œgenericā€ vents (dimmers)
2019-04-07 Thermostat 1.6.24 Added schedule/setSchedule support
8 Likes

Thanks for the update Barry. I just updated everything from the repo. One thing I did find is when I went into the Smart Circulation helper to change settings I got an error when I hit save.

error java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The JSON input text should neither be null nor empty. @line 583 (anyReservations)

I tried removing and reinstalling the helper and get the same error. I assume this is tied to the new reservations implementation but I couldnā€™t find anything that would cause a conflict with my setup. Any suggestions?

@rda2w

Please get the updated Smart Circulation v1.6.01 - should fix the reported Reservation errorā€¦

Thanks for the fast reply. After the 1.6.01 update I still get this error:

b5bf4cf4-2741-4625-97f5-2b89e01c3afd 12:02:28 AM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method currentValue() on null object @line 585 (anyReservations)
b5bf4cf4-2741-4625-97f5-2b89e01c3afd 12:02:28 AM: info Smart Circulation Ecobee Suite Smart Circulation Helper, version 1.6.01

Bob

Try 1.6.02 - bad cut/paste job, sorry.

Yo will also need updated version of Open Contacts, Quiet Time, and Smart Mode

Thanks for finding this for meā€¦

No problem, glad to help. 1.6.02 stores my setting but still gives the following error:

b5bf4cf4-2741-4625-97f5-2b89e01c3afd 12:19:16 AM: error java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The JSON input text should neither be null nor empty. @line 587 (anyReservations)
b5bf4cf4-2741-4625-97f5-2b89e01c3afd 12:19:16 AM: info Smart Circulation Ecobee Suite Smart Circulation Helper, version 1.6.02
Initializingā€¦
b5bf4cf4-2741-4625-97f5-2b89e01c3afd 12:19:16 AM: trace Smart Circulation updated() entered

[embarrassing]

1.6.03 - got it this time, Iā€™m ALMOST positive.

2 Likes

Updated Open Contacts, Quiet Time, Smart Circulation, Smart Mode and the Ecobee Suite Thermostat device -problem appears to be eradicated (for now).

All is good now. :+1:

I am re-implementing the reservation system, as I found a few issue with the current implementation. Will be posted later todayā€¦

Hmā€¦ I updated both device handlers and the Suite Manager and Suite Routines smartapps (the only ones Iā€™ve needed previously) but my Ecobee and sensors all show offline now. Is this related to the reservation system? Do I need more smartapps now?

No, this shouldnā€™t happen. What version were you running prior to the upgrade?

Ecobee Suite has been updated to v1.67.10 as of 12:40pm EDT on July 30, 2018

If you have been an early adopter, please re-install the ENTIRE suite again. The major enhancement is a revised reservations system - given the embarrassment of issue found last night, I have re-implemented as a component of Ecobee Suite Manager instead of in the Thermostat device, for both reliability and efficiency.

My apologies for anyone that my prior release caused issue forā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t know what version I had before, but I did make the jump from the old deprecated version to the new version. Should I remove and add my Ecobee again?

Yes. There was a major overhaul with version 1.4, necessitating a complete re-install.

Have a look at the documentation, https://github.com/SANdood/Ecobee-Suite/blob/master/README.md where it discusses the process to remove the old version.

After everything is removed, you can follow the installation instructions - you have to install ALL of the files, you cannot just load the ones you useā€¦

Minor update 1.6.11, release 2018-07-30 at 3:30pm EDT

Ensure that all reservations are cancelled if the Helper is temporarily disabled in settings.

Files changed: Contacts & Switches, Quiet Time, Smart Circulation and Smart Mode.

Recommended installation by all users of version1.6.*

Iā€™m sure I previously made the jump to the new code. I know there was a major refactoring and remember re-installing my thermostat and sensors.

Anyway, I removed my Ecobee and re-added it everywhere (Smartthings, Action Tiles, Webcore, Google, etc). Now, when I come across any place that says Select Thermostats, itā€™s grayed out saying I canā€™t currently add this. It seems to be defaulting to my thermostat anyway, but itā€™s throwing an error (Please fill out all required fields.) when I click save.

Are you using Ecobee Suite Manager, and not Ecobee Connect?

Bah! That was it. Everything appears to be running Ok again.

1 Like