[DEPRECATED] Free Ecobee Suite, version 1.6.**

Ok, so something is amiss. If you could also send me a screen shot of the Thermostat Device page (go to My Devices, then click on the thermostat, then copy/paste all the text on that page). I suggest send that via PM to me and not to the whole forum .

Thanks!

The Poll:Full is a good thing.

Iā€™m pretty sure that you will find an error logged in the thermostat device handlerā€™s Live Log and possibly the Suite Manager as welll.

Okay, thanks. I went into the Live Log and looks like it may be an installation error? Guess I will try removing all of the smart helpers, deleting the app and re-loading it?

3:05:41 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: groovy.json.JsonSlurper.parseText() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.ArrayList) values: [[Away, Home, Sleep]]
Possible solutions: parseText(java.lang.String), parse(java.io.Reader) @line 2145 (setThermostatProgram)

e88a397e-b304-4f69-8939-f36a39887c17 3:05:41 PM: error Supported programs list not initialized, possible installation error

Also get an error when hitting the arrows
3:07:38 PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method toBigDecimal() on null object @line 1916 (lowerSetpoint)

Yes - please totally remove both the old and the new ecobee devices on your mobile, and delete all of the old 1.2 SmartApps and device handlers from your IDE - the ones that DONT have ā€œSuiteā€ in their names.

Then start the installation over from the top, using the directions provided in the documentation on my Github site (github.com/Sandood)

I checked my smart apps and device handlers and there are no old files just the ā€œSuiteā€ files. I do not see any old 1.2 smart apps in my IDE.

To my surprise the display now shows a value and also on the slider bar (see pics). I do not know what happened but I did not do anything other than follow your instructions today. It looks fine but is it really fixed?

1 Like

There was possibly an initialization error in my code that got corrected during one of its internal ā€œforce pollsā€ā€¦Iā€™ll try to replicate once Iā€™m back at my development environmentā€¦

Glad to see it working - I wouldnā€™t expect it to stop again (but one never knows)ā€¦

Shane -

Please also start Live Logging before you start the fresh installā€¦I suspect there is an error in the initialization logic somewhere that isnā€™t setting things up correctly on a fresh installā€¦if the problem repeats, then you should look in the logs for Ecobee Suite Manager and the Thermostat to see if there are any errors - we wan to find the first error that you come acrossā€¦

Thanks, I deleted everything on the app so that the thermostat and sensor werenā€™t tied to anything. Successfully removed the application and deleted everything off IDE. Then re-installed. The install went fine and had 0 errors on the Ecobee Suite Manager while Live Logging.

Added my Ecobee credentials and added the thermostat / sensor, all went well.

Opened the app to try and click ā€˜Nightā€™ mode to see if it would work and got this error:

Ok, I think I see the problem. I will try to post an update tomorrow am before 9am EDT.

Updates to fix initialization errors published August 18, 2018 at 8:15am

• Updated Ecobee Suite Manager to v1.6.15
  • Updated Ecobee Suite Thermostat to v1.6.16

These updates are recommended for all users; and required for all NEW users

1 Like

Shane (@Sddabrow1) and Peter (@psakaris) -

Please try the version I just postedā€¦should fix the issues you were seeingā€¦

You rock! Working excellently now with Away, Home & Sleep modes. Now that those are setup, I can dig into the other fun features you have on this app. Greatly appreciate your help!

Found the paypal donations :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi you all i am having a weird issue ā€¦ first of all i have downloaded and install everything from repo published and oAuth and all goes well unitl on the SmartThings app i link the accounts together and authorize it and when i hit Next and than Saveā€¦ a red notification pops up instead of green and it says ā€œDevice still in use please remove from any smart apps and dashboards and try againā€!!! if i try to remove the instance and resign in again it says ā€œan unexpected error has occurredā€!!!
Tried it numerous times
Donā€™t know what else to do i also closed the ST app completely and reopened it still the issue persists. Any ideas?
Denis

I was having the same issues as above. Temp showing ā€œnullā€ and helper apps wouldnā€™t execute. Removed helper apps, updated everything, and boom. Working great now.

I havenā€™t had My Ecobee long. Migrated from the nest.
Sorry if this is a stupid question. Tried searching but not sure that Iā€™m wording it correctly.

Is there way within Ecobee Suite to use a smartthings sensor for the temp reading instead of the thermostat?

Right now Iā€™m using the smartthings app ā€œKeep me Comfortableā€. Works great. But doesnā€™t allow for manual adjustment as itā€™ll always revert back to the temperature you have set with in the app. Iā€™ve attached a screen shot of what Iā€™m talking about. Sorry for the more than likely stupid question. Lol Hope this makes sense!

This sounds like an incomplete or failed installation happened somewhere along the way.

Check your installed devices to see if you have any devices installed named ā€œEcobee Suite Thermostat:TestingForInstallā€ or ā€œEcobee Suite Sensor:TestingForInstallā€, and delete ALL of them if you do. Then try setting up with Ecobee Suite Manager again.

Note: You should NOT create any Thermostat or Sensor devices manually - this is done ONLY through the Ecobee Suite Manager app. If you did, you will need to delete those also before trying to run the initial setup.

I guess I donā€™t understand. ā€œKeep Me Comfortableā€ will (apparently) keep adjusting the thermostatā€™s heating & cooling setpoints until the temperature sensor you specify reaches the desired heat/cool temperature. It makes adjustments every time the temperature reading at the specified sensor and at the thermostat changes. This should work fine with my Ecobee Suite (tell me if it doesnā€™t).

What I donā€™t understand is the comment about ā€œmanual adjustment as itā€™ll always revert backā€¦ā€ - indeed, as the Keep Me Comfortable is written, it will override any other source of adjustments to the setpoints.

FWIW, I understand that coming from a Nest you would have needed this app (because IIAC the Nest only supports ā€œhomeā€ and ā€œawayā€ programs). With the Ecobee, you also get a Sleep program by default, and you can even create more custom programs if you like. So my first suggestion is to take advantage of this, possibly using the supplied Suite Routines/Modes/Programs helper to put the thermostat into Sleep mode when your SmartThings Mode changes to Night.

Second, Ecobee supports its own remote sensors. While perhaps a bit pricy ($79 for 2, but you can often find better prices), they are practically designed for EXACTLY your use case - you can set it up so that the Sleep program on the Ecobee uses ONLY the bedroom sensor to control the thermostat, and during other modes you can use the thermostatā€™s sensor or an average across multiple sensors.

Using both these suggestions, you will be able to change the temperature setpoint manually (at the thermostat, using the ecobee mobile app, and/or using my Ecobee Suite), and it will interpret the change to mean ā€œIā€™d like the target at my Bedroom Sensor to be XXĀ° for the rest of the nightā€.

If Iā€™ve totally missed your question, please let me knowā€¦

You pretty much nailed it! Lol
After thinking about it, i ultimately was looking for a way to use ANY sensor that reports temperature to act and function as a ecobee remote sensor. And again I could be wrong because Iā€™m totally new to the ecobee world, but what what Iā€™ve read on here isnā€™t possible.

On a side note - Iā€™m getting stuff set up within Ecobee Suite and so far so good. Awesome job on this!

Yes, ecobee natively only supports their own sensors, but my Suite will make them available to any SmartThings app as well.

The use case I describe using the ecobee sensors works very well - I use it extensively on multiple Ecobee thermostats. I would highly recommend going this route instead of trying to force-fit using a SmartThings sensor, if only because the ECobee thermostatā€™s display and setpoint will make sense (it shows the temperature reading of the sensor(s) selected for the current Program, and the setpoints clearly align with this).

Enjoy!

Gotcha. Was hoping to use some of the sensors we already have as thereā€™s no wife approval needed. Haha

Looks like Iā€™m headed out to get some Ecobee Sensors. Thanks for the help!

In the last few weeks my ecobee has been disconnecting from smart things once or twice during the week. Updated from the repo and got a disconnect again this morning. Just wondering if anyone had the same issues or ideas.