[DEPRECATED] Free Ecobee Suite, version 1.6.**

Off is working for me now. Thanks!

Icons look better. Another strange issue though. Now ir says “Cooling To 0”. Don’t remember that from before.

Debug level is in Ecobee Suite Manager, Preferences (bottom of the same page where the new Android option is).

Ah yes! Here is what I got:

055e97dd-d118-493b-a972-97b178986199 9:32:11 PM: warn LOG: raiseSetpoint(): this mode: (auto) does not allow raiseSetpoint
055e97dd-d118-493b-a972-97b178986199 9:32:11 PM: debug LOG: Entered usingSmartAuto()
055e97dd-d118-493b-a972-97b178986199 9:32:11 PM: trace LOG: raiseSetpoint()

Oh, that’s right - when in Auto and not using “Smart Auto” mode, the code doesn’t know which setpoint you want to change (heating or cooling), so the arrows don’t work.

It should work if you enable Smart Auto - the code will assume you mean to change the one that is currently/most recently running. I’ll have a look at that in the morning to confirm

Sorry about that - I should have remembered that

I see, this doesn’t work as you describe though
 If I have a thermostat set to 60-80, the number shown in between the arrows will be 70. If I pressed the down arrow it seemed to lower the heating setpoint. If i pressed the up arrow it seemed to increase the cooling setpoint. I’m guessing the number in between is an average? To me it would just be easier to add a set of arrows with the cooling on the left and have heating on the right (if in auto mode). This is essentially just be duplicating the heat/cool setpoints right below it that I’ve been using without issue.

• There is no way to add more arrows - this is the UI that SmartThings has defined. This is why I created the sliders down lower in the UI.
  • The number between the arrows when in Auto mode is indeed the average of the heatingSetpoint and the coolingSetpoint - again, as per the UI that ST has defined. There is not even the ability to display the range - it is a single number, or nothing.
  • FWIW, you will have a happier experience if you simply use Cool in the summer, Heat in the winter, and Auto for those shoulder weeks between the two.
  • I will look into the rasie/lower logic for SmartAuto - it is very complicated logic (ie., it’s not that “smart”).

Yeah no worries I’ve been completely fine just using the heat/cool setpoints. I would prefer to just leave it on auto because our fall/spring can get pretty long here with 30 degree swings and I will definitely not remember to move it over.

The Smart Mode helper can handle changing the mode from Off to Cool to Auto to Heat (and back), based on outdoor Temp/Humidity and/or Inside temperatures - I built if for exactly the use case you describe - set it, and forget it

TIL
 I’ll take a look!

Updated Helper SmartApps released August 8, 2018 at 11:45am EDT

• Updates to integrate with changes to *Setpoint handling in the Thermostat device
  • Files Changed: Open Contacts, Quiet Time, Smart Mode, Smart Zones

This release is recommended for everyone

1 Like

Better Sensor Offline Sensor handling released August 14, 2018 at 11:55am EDT

• Changes to Ecobee Suite Manager (1.6.14), Smart Vents (1.6.11), and Ecobee Sensor (1.6.11)
  • Temperature attribute isn’t changed if sensor goes off-line (although the device will still display 451°). Was setting to ‘unknown’ which caused errors because the attribute is a ‘number’.

These updates are recommended for everyone

1 Like

I am getting Cooling at null. Can someone explain “null”

Thanks

What is the version number of both Suite Manager and the thermostat? And what is your iOS/Android selection in preferences?

Suite Manager 1.6.14

Thermostat 1.6.15

iOS

Any help would be appreciated.

Looks like maybe I missed something in Celsius mode in my recent edits. It’s won’t cause anything to break (it is just a display value), but I may not be able to fix it until the weekend.

Can you tell me, does it show the correct “Cooling at” value down lower in the display?

Hello! Thanks for your hard work. I was previously using version 1.2 for the last few months and working great. I have my Away, Sleep, and Home routines on ST all paired up with Ecobee through your app.

Tonight, when I arrived Home, it didn’t kick on my air conditioner. Tried a few different times and figured it was just time to update your app.

Moved to 1.6 and still having the issue. ST states it sends the command (such as sleep) to Ecobee, but the Ecobee never changes. Is this something going on with Ecobees servers?

• Does it work if you try to manually change the Program from within SmartThings?

• Have you verified your upgrade to the new Ecobee Suite? Are you using the new Suite Manager and new Suite Thermostat (etc)? Lots changed at v 1.4 - it is imperative that you have all of the new apps and devices installed.

You may also need to re-login to Ecobee from Suite Manager.

After verifying all that, and if it still doesn’t work, please note the version numbers of Suite Manager, Suite Thermostat, and Suite programs and Modes and send that info to me. You should also check Live Logging for those 3 when it is supposed to be changing. Look for errors or even warnings - anything that might help track down the problem.

Thanks! I will work on getting that info to you ASAP. It is odd, it grabs the correct temperatures from Ecobee and I am able to push the ‘Heat, Auto, and Cool’ buttons on your app, but the arrows and the mode buttons seem to not register anything.

Also getting the Poll:Full, not sure what that means.

It’s odd to me that the modes stopped working last night on version 1.2 and they continued to not work on version 1.6.15

As you can see there is NO value next to the cooling slider bar. The heating slider bar is good.

Again thanks for your help.