[DEPRECATED] Free Ecobee Suite, Version 1.2.*

Usually when this happens, the answer is to simply relogin to Ecobee cloud via Ecobee (Connect). Under no circumstances should you have to uninstall and reinstall to get it working again.

Try logging in again (even though it may say you are already logged in). Then, wait a couple of minutes , and then press the Refresh button, wait until the Bee returns, then press it again.

Thanks!
Barry

As noted, this should never be necessary. But if you want to uninstall, you basically need to reverse your entire install process:

1. remove any SmartApps using the thermostat or sensors;

2. remove any helper SmartApps you may have created within Ecobee (Connect);

3. deselect All sensors within Ecobee (Connect) and exit Ecobee (Connect) - they are deleted when you exit;

4. repeat #3 for your thermostats;

5. enter Ecobee (Connect) again and uninstall it.

Received Smartthings app notification that ecobee credentials were lost/disconnected so i proceeded to re authorize but was unable to the ecobee credentials screen was blank.

Any workaround?

I think they are having cloud problems. I am unable to access using the android app either.

You’re right ecobee app is not loading on ios either.

I was just able to log in all 3 of my accounts - outage/issue resolved I think.

Thanks!
Barry

2 Likes

Good to go now! :sunglasses:

I’m getting disconnected from my Ecobee account every few days. Is this an Ecobee issue or an issue with Ecobee (Connect)?

Hard to tell - I got disconnected twice over the past week, and both times it appeared to clearly be an issue with the Ecobee cloud, not my suite.

If anyone happens to capture Live Logging when the initial disconnect happens, that will help me understand if it can be avoided/recovered automatically (the big one that just happened to lots of us was not recoverable - it looked like Ecobee cloud went down for longer than 1 hour and invalidated all the authentication keys in the process
)

When I change the temp using the slider

I get this

9:42:44 PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method toDouble() on null object @ line 1592
9:42:43 PM: info Updated 1 object (117ms)
9:42:43 PM: info Using holdType nextTransition
9:42:43 PM: debug Sending setCoolingSetpoint> coolingSetpoint: 78.0, heatingSetpoint: 65.0
9:42:43 PM: debug setCoolingSetpoint() before compare: heatingSetpoint == 65.0 coolingSetpoint == 78.0
9:42:44 PM: info Updated 1 object (107ms)

The Setpoint changes but does the above highlighted error cause any other issues?

Sorry - I have been dealing with a B**** named Irma, but I’m back now
I’ll look into this today

3 Likes

@storageanarchy I hope you are ok!

@surge919 -

Ecobee Thermostat version 1.2.8 just posted to the GitHub will fix the issue.

FYI, the error did not effect the changing of the temperature setpoints, only the immediate update of the current setpoint, which will be automatically corrected on the next update from the Ecobee Cloud.

Thanks @ffuentes, my family, friends, neighbors and our property survived the storm well

5 Likes

Is there a way to include additional non-ecobee motion/thermostat sensors or only ecobee sensors are allowed?

At present, my implementation does not allow you to incorporate non-Ecobee sensors into the Ecobee heating/cooling setpoint targets.

While not impossible, it requires replicating much of the logic already built into the thermostat to figure out what the target temperature at the thermostat needs to be in order to get all the registered sensors to average out to a specific target. And since there is no way to control the actual temperature displayed on the thermostat (which is currently the current average of the dependent sensors), any solution will introduce inconsistencies between what is displayed on the thermostat, within SmartThings, and the actual temperatures being averaged.

Since Yves’ My Ecobee Device does already provide this option (with all its warts), I’m not planning to invest to do the same. It would probably require minimal edits to my Ecobee Suite to allow his automation SmartApp to control my thermostat devices, but that’s probably not something he would like for anyone to actually do (although he has posted the SmartApps as “free”, while his My Ecobee Device requires a mandatory ‘contribution’ to get access to it).

I’ve updated and I’m no longer seeing that error. thx

A couple of more questions

I don’t know when it happened, but I noticed that when I attempt to set the temp using the main arrows, it returns the following:

12:27:48 AM: warn setTemperature(): this mode: mode does not allow raiseSetpoint

Has it always done this?

And I don’t know if it’s related, but normally I would set my thermostat to Auto mode and set a range
 ie: 74 to 68
I would then be able to change the temp via Google Home by saying, “Hey Google, set the bedroom to 72 degrees”

It worked fine since day 1, but I just noticed within the last few days (I was out of town for about 3 weeks) that it no longer works.

Google Home (and Google Assistant - from the phone) now responds with “The Eco Therm: Bedroom can’t be set to that temperature”

Any ideas?

thanks

@surge919 -

If your thermostat is is Auto mode, and you aren’t using SmartAuto (set in Ecobee (Connect) Preferences), then we don’t know which temperature you are trying to change (heating or cooling).

If you enable Smart Auto, then it will change the cooling setpoint if the requested setpoint is below the current temperature, and it will increase the heating setpoint if the request is higher than the current temperature. Thus I think you’ll get what you want if you enable Smart Auto in Preferences.

UPDATE: Ecobee Thermostat v1.2.9, Ecobee Sensor v1.2.2 & Ecobee (Connect) 1.2.6

Changes:

• Repaired addSensorToProgram() and deleteSensorFromProgram()
  • Added icons for new hold modes to Sensor device
  • Added ‘Wakeup’ as synonym for ‘Awake’ program

These updated files can be installed on top of the previous version.

1 Like

I lost power for a few days after Hurricane Irma and when it came back, seemed to take care of my issues. However, now they’re back. It seems like the app can’t or won’t make changes to the thermostat. It reads things fine, but I can’t change the temp manually or through routines. For example, when I leave and the Goodbye routine runs, the ST mode is changed to Away and thermostat is set to 85. The latter doesn’t happen though. I can’t change anything from the app itself, just view the current settings. I’ve tried logging in and out of Ecobee Connect multiple times and it shows that it’s connected to ST in the log, but just refuses to make any changes.

Bummer!

Let’s see if we can’t track down the problem.

Let’s start with versions: what are the version numbers of ALL you SmartApps and Devices? You can find the version at the bottom of each SmartApp and at the top of preferences for the devices

Thanks!
Barry