[DEPRECATED] Free Ecobee Suite, Version 1.2.*

Hmm… the device handlers don’t show when adding from repo but the smart apps do… ???
Smart app:
SMART

Handler:

Works for me on the original shard (https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/devices), but not on https://graph-na04-useast2.api.smartthings.com/ide/devices .

Send a report to SmartThings support…

Thanks for verifying. I will contact support.

storageanarchy im trying to setup open contacts and im currently getting this error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method LOG() on null object @ line 378

any suggestions on what i might be doing wrong?

I can’t reproduce it, but can you tell me what you where configuring (switch or contact, etc.)?

also, if you move line 379 to be before line 378, you should get the actual error logged in Live Logging for the device - that might help understand what’s going on…

Are you perchance trying to create this directly from the ST MarketPlace/SmartApps?

All of the Helper SmartApps in this suite MUST be created from within Ecobee (Connect), because they operate as children to that app. You can’t create them outside of Ecobee (Connect).

Thanks!
Barry

@storageanarchy,

I moved from using a nest to an ecobee… I am having a bit of a hard time trying to do some things that I use to do easily with the nest… IE: How can I just turn on the Fan for 2hrs? Or how can I tell the ecobee that if is over 82F in my house to turn on and keep the AC at 78 even when away…?

TIA!

Using my Ecobee Suite, set the default hold time to 2 Hours (in Ecobee (Connect) or in the Device Handler). Then click the fan button to “On”. This will create a 2-hour hold with the fan on.

Not sure what you want here - why don’t you just set the Away program to 78?

Or if you want to wait until the temperature hits 82 before cooling to 78, you can set the Cooling Delta to 4+ degrees (you have to set this on the thermostat preferences), and the cooling temperature to 78. This will wait until the temp hits 82, then cool to 78, and turn off again, until the temp hits 82 again.

1 Like

Mine did the same, so I manually copied/pasted all of the code in. Let me know if support helps you out!

@chevyman142000 Will do!

@chevyman142000 not looking very promising…

Hello Tim,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at SmartThings. Sorry you are having some trouble on your end.

One of my Leads checked into this as we don’t usually provide support on Custom Integrations & Custom Device Handlers and I apologize.

That said, they checked both shards and it worked.

You could try deleting/unlinking Repo and you may have luck that way.

Also, I am sure you are familiar with it but perhaps check our Community for a lot of great help and tips on Custom things.

Please do reach back out if you have other questions or concerns and we will do our best to assist.

Kindest regards

So it would seem they are punting here. Bummer, because I can’t manage copy and pasting code especially with fresh development that is getting frequent updates <(sigh)>.

1. bogus answer, since works for me on 1 shard, and not in the other.

2. code updates are slowing, so you shouldn’t have much hassle. Especially since it is only the 2 devices and not the 8 SmartApps.

My apologies…I wish I could do something to fix it.

Thanks!
Barry

Exactly why I didn’t open a support ticket. Thanks for trying!

I can’t seem to remove my current ecobee sensor and smart app. Any help would be appreciated.

This should be done from the Ecobee (Connect), basically reversing the order that you created them. Rome all the Helper SmartApps, deselect the sensors, then deselect the thermostats, exit Ecobee (Connect). Then go back into E© and scroll down to find the Remove button…

If this doesn’t work, try deleting in the IDE.

If that doesn’t work, contact support…

Thanks!
Barry

Turns out I had to give it over night to let me remove the devices. It was quite the battle. The problem I have right now is I can’t seem to add the thermostat as a device. It shows in the new smartapp but not as a tangible device for me to use. This is important as I did the switch mostly for more advanced webcore use.

Michael-

Fret not. You do not create the devices through the IDE. Please follow the install directions in the documentation:

Go to the Marketplace on your mobile device, select SmartApps/My Apps, and run Ecobee (Connect). From there, sign in to your Ecobee account, exit Ecobee (Connect). Then restart it from Automations/SmartApps, select your thermostat and sensors, and set any desired preferences. When you exit Ecobee (Connect) the devices will be created for you.

Thanks!
Barry

@storageanarchy and @chevyman142000 I sent a response to theirs and they dug a little deeper:

Currently, the system thinks those two device type handlers already exist in your repository. So what needs to be done is removing those in order to get them pulled in the other correct repository.

Which makes sense because I have the StrykerSKS-Ecobee3 repo even though I no longer use those device handlers. However, apparently I am still using the StrykerSKS-Ecobee3 repo’s ecobee connect smart app so I have to remove the ecobee devices from all my smart apps so I can remove the StrykerSKS-Ecobee3 smart app/repo so I can get back to stock ecobee smartapp, so I can use Barry’s shiny new stuff…

Sounds like a weekend project :slight_smile:
Thanks

1 Like

You should be able to manually install my Device drivers on top of Stryker’s, THEN delete Stryker’s repository from your IDE and add mine. It should work then…

Thanks!
Barry

1 Like

Turns out I figured out what the issue was playing around with things. Thank you for the prompt reply and I will let you know how things work out later down the road.