[DEPRECATED] Free Ecobee Suite, Version 1.2.*

@storageanarchy Thank you for this awesome app. Working ok so far here.
Question: Under My Home The EcoTherm and Sensor Show no icons, Just default gray. Is this normal?
Also the "Out: 0 " I imagine that’s outside temperature? Its stuck in 0. No idea why.
Ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Glad you like it!

Icons: It appears that something recently changed in SmartThings and the default icon for a temperature device isn’t being displayed. You can solve this by selecting an icon for each of the devices (the deefault thermometer is un the Weather section). I don’t set this as the default in the code because it forces the temperature to be displayed in Small Font when you set the thermostat as the favorite device in a room.

Out 0: This is possibly because you did not set a location zip code for your thermostat. You can set this in the Ecobee WebApp (Settings/Location). This is usually prompted for at the initial setup.

Please let me know if the above addresses your issues…

@storageanarchy, Thanks for your reply. I guess I was not been patiance… Eventually the outside temp updated. About the icons though… They wont update. No matter what icon I choose, Once I hit done the app wont update the icon.

I’m seeing an error on my setup. I just updated the Connect app to 1.2.4, it was at 1.2.3. When looking at the thermostat in SmartThings, it doesn’t show the last poll time. The error from the console is:

9:25:32 AM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method contains() on null object @ line 887
9:25:23 AM: trace Ecobee Thermostat version 1.2.3 updated

Let me know if I can provide any other details!

Thanks,
Jeff

Thanks for the report…

Quick fix - replace line 887 in Ecobee Thermostat to:

if (currentProgram?.contains('acation')) updateModeButtons() 	// turn the mode buttons back on if we just exited a Vacation Hold

(add ? at end of currentProgram)

Let me know if that solves it for you…

UPDATE: Ecobee (Connect) v1.2.5 & Ecobee Thermostat v1.2.4

Changes:

• Ecobee (Connect): Cleaned up and optimized OAuth initialization error handling, with clearer Live Logging information.

• Ecobee Thermostat: Fixed a bug that could throw an error when programs/climates change (especially during initial install).

Both are minor updates that shouldn’t effect anyone already running; these issues should only occur during initial installation.

That fixed it, thank you!

The update fix the icon issue as well.
BUT I have my Sensor listed separate, It cant get an icon update and has the same issue as before :slight_smile:
Thanks in advance!
This app is amazing!

UPDATE: Ecobee Thermostat v1.2.5 & Ecobee Sensor v1.2.1

Changes:

• Reinstated the default icon for both Thermostat and Sensor devices (sorry - my bad, I had accidentally disabled it in the production version while I was trying to debug something).
1 Like

Great job. Really like the look of this app. I don’t have anything else to test with but unfortunately I don’t think it works that well with the SI’s that I have.

???

Can you describe what doesn’t work for me?

Although it looks different than the SI UI, the API is the same and the operation should not be impacted.

Hey, sorry that was a less than hopeful post on my part. I was getting a lot of 0’s and blank icons. I’ve since spent some more time reading this thread and it may just have been a patience thing. I’ll set it up and give it another shot tomorrow.

1 Like

Hmm… the device handlers don’t show when adding from repo but the smart apps do… ???
Smart app:
SMART

Handler:

Works for me on the original shard (https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/devices), but not on https://graph-na04-useast2.api.smartthings.com/ide/devices .

Send a report to SmartThings support…

Thanks for verifying. I will contact support.

storageanarchy im trying to setup open contacts and im currently getting this error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method LOG() on null object @ line 378

any suggestions on what i might be doing wrong?

I can’t reproduce it, but can you tell me what you where configuring (switch or contact, etc.)?

also, if you move line 379 to be before line 378, you should get the actual error logged in Live Logging for the device - that might help understand what’s going on…

Are you perchance trying to create this directly from the ST MarketPlace/SmartApps?

All of the Helper SmartApps in this suite MUST be created from within Ecobee (Connect), because they operate as children to that app. You can’t create them outside of Ecobee (Connect).

Thanks!
Barry

@storageanarchy,

I moved from using a nest to an ecobee… I am having a bit of a hard time trying to do some things that I use to do easily with the nest… IE: How can I just turn on the Fan for 2hrs? Or how can I tell the ecobee that if is over 82F in my house to turn on and keep the AC at 78 even when away…?

TIA!

Using my Ecobee Suite, set the default hold time to 2 Hours (in Ecobee (Connect) or in the Device Handler). Then click the fan button to “On”. This will create a 2-hour hold with the fan on.

Not sure what you want here - why don’t you just set the Away program to 78?

Or if you want to wait until the temperature hits 82 before cooling to 78, you can set the Cooling Delta to 4+ degrees (you have to set this on the thermostat preferences), and the cooling temperature to 78. This will wait until the temp hits 82, then cool to 78, and turn off again, until the temp hits 82 again.

1 Like