[DEPRECATED] Free Ecobee Suite, Version 1.2.*

@storageanarchy

Barry,

thanks for the quick reply… Have a great weekend

-d

51a8d103-774c-419e-81ff-ddc84d6d196c  6:00:32 PM: error java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected status code 400 from global /clients/null with status text @ line 218
51a8d103-774c-419e-81ff-ddc84d6d196c  6:00:31 PM: error java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected status code 400 from global /clients/null with status text @ line 218
51a8d103-774c-419e-81ff-ddc84d6d196c  6:00:30 PM: error java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected status code 400 from global /clients/null with status text @ line 218
51a8d103-774c-419e-81ff-ddc84d6d196c  6:00:28 PM: error java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected status code 400 from global /clients/null with status text @ line 218
51a8d103-774c-419e-81ff-ddc84d6d196c  6:00:24 PM: error java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected status code 400 from global /clients/null with status text @ line 218

Updated to 1.2.3a first, getting a repeat error on every refresh.

Thanks for looking into this.

Did you enable OAuth for Ecobee (Connect)?

Seems like I missed that part in the documentation. Enabled OAuth and everything worked. Is it possible to add a check for OAuth enablement in the mobile UI for bone heads like me? :smiley:

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Good idea!

The problem is so prevalent that I’m adding an error check that will note the probable cause to Live Logging on the failure.

UPDATE: Ecobee (Connect) v1.2.4

Changes:

1. Catch OAuth initilization errors and suggest probable cause (OAuth not enabled) in Live Logging and in Mobile UI

NOTE: Tested & Verified, August 13, 2017 @ 9:00am

2 Likes

As a recent nest convert, I find myself missing my scheduled fan run time. I used it every morning for about 30min as I got ready for work. The default functionality of running so many minutes every hour is too aggressive for my taste.

Is there a work flow that I’m missing to accomplish the same thing with ST?

Two quick solutions:

1. Using Ecobee (no SmartThings required): Create a program that is the same as your Home program, except that it has the Fan set to On (the default Home program has the fan set to Auto). Edit your schedule to run this program at the desired time of the morning. Limitations: Can only start and end the program on the hour or half hour (Ecobee limitation)

2. Using SmartThings: Use WebCoRE to call fanOn() at the desired time, then have it call resumeProgram() 30 minutes later (changing the fan from Auto to On causes a Fan Hold to be set - the Hold will be in effect for the specified default Hold Action).

I’ve been asked for other time-based events, so I will add this to the backlog. It’s a little complicated by some of the SmartThings limitations on timers, but not impossible.

Another option:

1. Here’s a hybrid approach: Create a new SmartThings Routine that does something innocuous - turn on a light that’s always on (or create a dummy switch - the Routine needs to do something). Set the routine to run at a specific time (or on whatever initiator you want). Then create a Mode/Routine/Program Helper SmartApp from within Ecobbee (Connect). Set it to run whenever the newly-create Routine executes, and have it change the thermostat program to your normal program (e.g. Home), but with the Fan On. Set the hold type to “until next change” if you normally leave the house (and have things change to Away), or to Specified Hours / 1 hour (unfortunately I haven’t implemented minutes support yet). OR You could create another routine that runs 30 minutes after the first one, and have a separate Helper SmartApp set the Ecobee Program to Home, with Fan Auto.

Fun with Modes, Routines and Programs!

I just updated this morning and now the thermostat reading is blank on the thermostats device page and the arrows to change the temp no longer work. Updated all from Github. All the other buttons seem to work on the Device page.

![Screenshot_2017-08-14-11-53-58|312x500]

What version where you running prior?

The updated DTH won’t let you make many changes when in certain situations - like while the thermostat is Off (as it appears to be from the screenshot).I suspect that the DTH is not in sync with the DTH (it says its Off, but also in a Temperature Hold - that shouldn’t happen).

I suggest you try hitting “Resume” to resume the default program. Then try hitting Refresh, wait until the Bee icon reappears and then immediately hit it again - this should reset everything back to the known condition.

Once you get back to the colored multiTile, try the temp buttons again. If they still don’t work, try the sliders.

Let me know how the above works out…I’ll standby for your updates…

Thanks, that worked to sync everything back up. The temp hold is gone, temp reading and arrows are working with no errors in the logs. I was up to date until I went out of town on the 4th.

1 Like

Most excellent - glad to hear you are back on-line…

@storageanarchy Thank you for this awesome app. Working ok so far here.
Question: Under My Home The EcoTherm and Sensor Show no icons, Just default gray. Is this normal?
Also the "Out: 0 " I imagine that’s outside temperature? Its stuck in 0. No idea why.
Ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Glad you like it!

Icons: It appears that something recently changed in SmartThings and the default icon for a temperature device isn’t being displayed. You can solve this by selecting an icon for each of the devices (the deefault thermometer is un the Weather section). I don’t set this as the default in the code because it forces the temperature to be displayed in Small Font when you set the thermostat as the favorite device in a room.

Out 0: This is possibly because you did not set a location zip code for your thermostat. You can set this in the Ecobee WebApp (Settings/Location). This is usually prompted for at the initial setup.

Please let me know if the above addresses your issues…

@storageanarchy, Thanks for your reply. I guess I was not been patiance… Eventually the outside temp updated. About the icons though… They wont update. No matter what icon I choose, Once I hit done the app wont update the icon.

I’m seeing an error on my setup. I just updated the Connect app to 1.2.4, it was at 1.2.3. When looking at the thermostat in SmartThings, it doesn’t show the last poll time. The error from the console is:

9:25:32 AM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method contains() on null object @ line 887
9:25:23 AM: trace Ecobee Thermostat version 1.2.3 updated

Let me know if I can provide any other details!

Thanks,
Jeff

Thanks for the report…

Quick fix - replace line 887 in Ecobee Thermostat to:

if (currentProgram?.contains('acation')) updateModeButtons() 	// turn the mode buttons back on if we just exited a Vacation Hold

(add ? at end of currentProgram)

Let me know if that solves it for you…

UPDATE: Ecobee (Connect) v1.2.5 & Ecobee Thermostat v1.2.4

Changes:

• Ecobee (Connect): Cleaned up and optimized OAuth initialization error handling, with clearer Live Logging information.

• Ecobee Thermostat: Fixed a bug that could throw an error when programs/climates change (especially during initial install).

Both are minor updates that shouldn’t effect anyone already running; these issues should only occur during initial installation.

That fixed it, thank you!