Please See new and much improved version by @MichaelS here:
Leading on from @Kristopher’s original Foobot integration. This is a new version based on their new API. It can be a little cumbersome to setup - but once you are done you’ve got your Foobot back with Smartthings which is very useful!
How to setup
- Get your unique Foobot API Key from here and save it: https://api.foobot.io/apidoc/index.html
- Save this Device handler below in the IDE using the standard method
- Create a new Device in the IDE for Each Foobot that you own and link it to this device handler
- Get the UUID of each foobot you own by using this URL (and inserting your API key at the end and your username (usually your email address) in the middle): https://api.foobot.io/v2/owner/your_username/device/?api_key=your_key
- Then go into the code of the device handler in the IDE and insert your API Key where it says: “ENTER YOUR API KEY HERE (KEEP THE QUOTATION MARKS)”.
- Then in the app go to the device itself and tap the settings button in the top right and enter in your username, and the UUID of the Foobot [FROM V2 onwards: you must also select your region US or EU].
That’s it - hit refresh to get your latest data. I’d also recommend setting it up with Pollster to poll every 7 or 8 min (not any more as Foobot has a 200 request per day limit on their API).
It’s early days for this DH - I’ll improve it as time goes on - but for the moment this should get the data you need into ST.