*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] FLAIR DEVICES with new capabilities for building physical zones in your home and controlling your mini/window splits, portable heaters/coolers

Hi @Sebastian_Doan,

I’m not familiar with Home Assistant as I’m really focused on the SmartThings platform so I’m afraid that I don’t have a plug and play solution for you.

All I can say is that my zoning smartapps can expose rooms as virtual zone devices (1 to many rooms) with the thermostatSetpoint capability. I don’t know if it’s sufficient for your needs or not.

In the zoning smartapps, there are many safeguards in place to avoid closing too many vents at the same time.

But again, all the smartapps were designed for the SmartThings ecosystem, not to be used by a bridge to Home Assistant.

For more information about My zoning smartapps, refer to the following thread:

I’d recommend looking into ScheduleRoomTempControl or ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule depending on your needs.

P. S. You couldn’t create the thermostat because you contributed to the Flair vent bundle which doesn’t include the Flair tstat DTH. Anyway, for your use case, this wouldn’t help.
Regards

|

FREE SHIPPING + 5% off all orders over $149 with code DADSDAY (Offer expires 6/23)

• Make sure your order is over $149
  • Get 5% off with code DADSDAY
  • Be sure to select free shipping!

SHOP NOW! »

I just bought your integration for Flair and it works great. I was finally able to add my Flair to smartthings! Thank you for your great contribution!

1 Like

Hi,

For all my contributors, I’ve just released a new version of MyPuckDevice (v1.2.4):

• corrected new SmartThings UI issue (lock UI) by adding the ocfDeviceType

In the new Samsung Connect app:

If you’re a contributor, you can download the new version at my store using your original sellfy download link.

To download the code, go to:

www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store
Regards.

Hi There,

I’ve been struggling to decide if I should use Flair or Keen for new vents. I have contacted Keen and the vents in the sizes I need won’t be available until next year so that kinda made the choice for me. I started down the path of setting up Flair and was about to purchase when I noticed the Flair devices are not available in the new or the classic app. I’m I stuck using Keen, or is there a work around?

Thanks,
Jose

The flair dth is made by a third party and requires you to buy a license but it does work

That’s great. I assume you’re able to get the puck’s temperature, etc?

See above in this thread

Obviously I read the thread before I posted. The directions by @yvesracine claim that you can set up Flair vents with the classic app first, and I found that I cannot do this, so I am weary of purchasing before I know for sure it will work with ST. Are you saying you now have to create the device(s) from a DHT provided by @yvesracine? Also, once I purchase the DHT, is the code readable? Can I change it around if I want?

Thanks,
Jose

You can’t set them up in either app until you’ve installed the device handler. You need to read around on how custom device handlers work first.
You don’t need to use the classic app either, and it’s going away next month.

Here is the global picture (and this may change in the next weeks):

Yes, you can create the Flair vent devices using the ST classic mobile app (you can run both Samsung connect app AND the ST classic mobile app in parallel for the moment). All the custom DTHs need (not only My Flair devices, but all the community devices) the ST classic mobile app for their initial creation. After their creation, you can use them in the Samsung connect app (see 1st post for the details).

It’s not clear after October 14 if the new Samsung connect app will support the instantiation of the custom devices, but it looks like it based on the following thread:

However, for the moment, the custom capabilities are still in alpha, and the code is not mature.

Regards.

@mvevitsis I know how they work. I have created more than a dozen of them to control my insteon devices. Thanks for your input.

Thanks for the post, @yvesracine . I am still confused by your post. For the devices I created, I created them from my graph account; no classic (or new) app needed. I guess if I read between the lines, once I have the DHTs (from you? ) I should be able to create all the deivices regardless of where I create them from, right?

Thanks,
Jose

FYI, Flair devices are cloud-to-cloud integration between SmartThings & Flair. Those devices are not zigbee or zwave devices (not local).

In order to create them, the IDE is not enough as you need an authentication flow (oAuth) to be allowed to interact with the Flair APIs. Without proper authorization, you cannot interact with the Flair APIs.

For more information about the oAuth flow, please refer to the ST community wiki:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=MyFlairServiceMgr#UI_and_integration_setup_workflow

There is also a troubleshooting section for your questions on how to create a custom smartapp such as MyFlairServiceMgr.

Regards.

Thanks for your reply, @yvesracine. So currently, the only way to connect to the flair devices is through your DHTs/App ? I guess I was looking for the ST app itself to be able to do this.

Regards,
Jose

Yes, the cloud-to-cloud integration is quite complex (more than 7000 lines of code, not a simple zwave or zigbee device) and I was the only one to be able to work with the Flair team to expose the Flair devices to ST.

Regards.

1 Like

How does this work now that Smartthings Classic is being phased out?

Hi @grooves12,

Following this previous post:

I’ve done some testing under the new Samsung platform, and the groovy code can now create the devices under the New Samsung connect app. You don’t need the ST classic app anymore.

Regards.

Hi,

You can now create the Flair devices under the new Samsung connect app.

My Puck device in Fahrenheit

My Puck device in Celsius

MyHVACUnit in Fahrenheit (For mini/window splits, portable heaters/coolers )

MyHVACUnit in Celsius (For mini/window splits, portable heaters/coolers )

MyFlairVent

To leverage all capabilities and custom commands, I’d recommend the ScheduleTstatZone smartapp also available at my store. The smartapp is based on the concept of rooms/zones/schedules:

The devices (DTHs) are available at my store:

Regards.

Hello, I was looking into the Flair Puck and it seems perfect! However, it appears that it doesn’t support dry mode even though it has a humidity sensor. I found this topic on Google when searching for a workaround. You mention it can set modes such as “on/off, heat/cool/dry/fan modes”. Are there any simple instructions I can follow to have a minisplit automatically activate dry mode if the humidity is above 60%.