*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] FLAIR DEVICES with new capabilities for building physical zones in your home and controlling your mini/window splits, portable heaters/coolers

Hi @znewsome ,

The puck is not a thermostat because it doesn’t have the right capabilities to support all the thermostat features under ST.

To be a thermostat under ST, you’d need to implement thermostatFanMode, thermostatMode, thermostatOperatingState, thermostatSetpoint, coolingSetpoint & heatingSetpoint amongst others… All those capabilities are not supported by the Flair APIs for a Puck device as it doesn’t have the right attributes to do so… The puck is considered only as a sensor.

Only the HVAC unit (i.e., a portable heater/cooler, AC/Window unit linked to a Puck) can support the above features according to the Flair APIs.

The only thing you can do under ST with the Puck alone is to set a desired temperature for the associated room. To do so, refer to ST community wiki where all the methods & attributes are listed (there are also prerequisites, supported features, known issues, troubleshooting sections).

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Puck_device#Information

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Flair_HVac_Unit#Information

There are 2 corresponding methods for the Puck under the Flair APIs available:

setRoomSetpoint(value in decimal)
setRoomUserDesiredTemp(value in decimal)

And, I don’t know what’s the difference between the 2 as the Flair documentation is thin.

In my zoning smartapp called ScheduleTstatZones (available at my store), I send the setRoomSetpoint command to the Puck (when the device is inputted) and it seems to do the trick for my Flair contributors.

Regards.

Hi,

For all my contributors and Flair HVACUnit users, I’ve just released a new version of MyHVACUnit (v1.1.9a) to correct a small scale issue (Celsius instead of Farenheit) in the setpoints for some events

If you’re a contributor, you can download the new versions at my store using your original sellfy download link.

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Flair_HVac_Unit#Look_.26_Feel

To download the code, go to:

www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store
Regards.

PRICES DROPPED on Pucks and Smart Vents

SAVE ON PUCKS WITH CODE

BFCMPUCK

SAVE ON VENTS WITH CODE

BFCMVENT

BUY NOW! »

HUGE DEALS on Starter Packs

Use code BFCMVENTPACK and get a Starter Pack of 1 Puck and 1 Smart Vent starting at $149 !

Use code BFCMPUCKPACK and get a Starter Kit of 3 Pucks for $267!

BUY NOW! »

OFFERS EXPIRE MONDAY 12/02!

Flair Twitter\ 24x24

Flair Facebook\ 24x24

Instagram\ 24x24

Offer expires on December 02, 2019 at 11:59 PM PST. Individual coupon codes many not be combined other coupon codes, promotional prices, or sales. Discounted prices from coupon codes are valid while supplies last. Flair is not responsible for typographical errors with coupon codes or sale notifications. Prices and availability of coupon codes are subject to change without notice. Flair may rescind coupon codes without notice. Coupon codes have no cash value. Other restrictions may apply.

Copyright © 2019 FLAIR, All rights reserved.

Contact us:

FLAIR

479 Jessie Street

San Francisco, CA 94103

Add us to your address book

View this email in your browser
Update your email preferences or unsubscribe.

I’m a Home Assistant user and currently don’t own a smartthings hub. I’d buy one just to be able to control my flair vents via this integration on smartthings.

I have the Puck and 8 flair vents. Can you confirm if all I need is the smartthings hub to get going with your integration?

Many thanks.

Hi @Sebastian_Doan,

All prerequisites are indicated at the ST community wiki along with look&feel, known issues, supported capabilities & commands, troubleshooting, etc.

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Flair_Vent#Prerequisites

Regards

Is there any chance you would be willing to reconsider the decision to not surface a Puck as a thermostat? Even if the properties that are not supported by the Flair API were simply ignored, it would enable other smartapps that require standard thermostat native attributes to at least adjust the setpoint. As an example, I use the homebridge-smartthings app to make Flair devices visible in Homekit, and right now I am not able to control the puck setpoints via Homekit because only temperature and humidity readings are surfaced.

I filed a feature request on the homebridge-smartthings github but tonesto7, the developer of that app, indicated that it would be easier if the pucks were setup as thermostats in Smartthings.

Refer to my previous post for the explanations… I’ve exposed everything that can be exposed in the Flair APIs to Smarthings:

Thanks for the quick response!

I recognize that the Flair API doesn’t support many of the capabilities that are expected from a thermostat, but, what’s the downside of implementing the puck as a thermostat and ignoring any capabilities that are not supported? i.e. only implementing the setpoint aspect of the thermostat - if any other capabilities, such as thermostatFanMode, thermostatMode etc., are invoked through Smartthings, they could just be ignored.

Even if this was offered as an experimental feature that was disabled by default, it would help in scenarios where a standard thermostat interface is expected for adjusting set point.

Thanks!

Hi, are you willing to make an additional contribution for this effort? Let me know. My development time is limited during the Holidays…

P. S. The only capability that could be exposed is thermostatSetpoint.

Sure - what kind of contribution were you thinking?

Hi, please contact me at services@maisonsecomatiq.com.

Regards.

Do these show up as a fan/vent in the new app?
And do they not support 50% open anymore?

Hi,

For all my contributors, I’ve just released a new version of MyPuckDevice (v1.2,2), MyHVACUnit (v1.1.9b), MyFlairVent (v1.1.8), MyFlairTstat (v1.5) to correct some icon issues in the iOS/Android ST classic mobile app.

In the new Samsung Connect app:

If you’re a contributor, you can download the new versions at my store using your original sellfy download link.

Regards.

I have two Keen vents connected directly to the SmartThings Hub. (I don’t own a Keen hub.) However, when I’m using the new SmartThings app home screen, how can I determine if the vent is open or closed? The default icon just reads “on”. Even after I click the icon to open the details, the dimmer shows “0%” at all times no matter what the actual status of the vent is. (If I click the dimmer and change it to a different value, the vent indeed responds accordingly, but the dimmer stays reading 0%.) I can flip through the “history” trying to go back fare enough to see when the last vent open/close action might be, but am I missing?

Hi @Geoffrey_Goodfellow,

As indicated at my store under the terms of service, all custom devices are partially compatible with the new Samsung Connect app.

The reason is that ST is still working on making the new app more compatible with SmartThings classic app.

As a developer, I don’t have, for the moment, any control over the UI tiles in the new Samsung Connect app.

So, the solution, for the time being, is to use the ST classic mobile app in parallel with the new STSC app. You can use both without problems.

On my side, I can turn on/off the vent and the dimmer level and icon are updated accordingly. Must be an UI issue with your specific version of iOS/Android

Regards

P. S. BTW, I’ve just tested it again under my ST account with the Android version of STSC and it works as indicated in the attached screenshot.

Hi, this is the Flair devices thread, and you’re asking about the Keen Home vents?..

For the Keen Home vents, you can use my own DTH which calls the appropriate setLevel commands when you press the ‘on’/‘off’ button.

You can also press the configure tile to avoid too much polling and some battery depletion.

Regards.

Many thanks for the helpful information.

Hi,

For all my contributors, I’ve just released new versions of MyPuckDevice (v1.2.3), MyFlairHVACUnit (v1.1.9c), MyFlairVent (v1.2) to correct the following:

• MyFlairVent’s setLevel selector now calls the local setLevel instead of the parent Dimmer Switch Capability to avoid null values in the Level attribute
  • minor ocfDeviceType adjustments

Regards.

Hi,

For all my contributors, I’ve just released new versions of MyFlairHVACUnit (v1.2):

• corrected setpoint value issue in Farenheit introduced in the last version (v1.1.9c).

If you’re a contributor, you can download the new version at my store using your original sellfy download link.

Regards.

@yvesracine I’m completely new to SmartThings, having bought myself a hub and buying your " My Flair Vent Bundle (Vent + Puck Devices)" integration. It took me about an hour to get things working from scratch. NOTE: I couldn’t add the TSTAT using your solution because your bundle would throw an error when i did.

I use Flair vents with a Ecobee thermostat and sensors; controlling 6 seperate rooms. I plan to integrate your solution into Home Assistant which is my main IoT controller. The flows is as follows: User <> Home Assistant <> Smarthings <> Yves’s solution <> Flair Vents, Ecobee controller and sensors.

I hope you can help me with a few questions:

(1) it is possible to expose the 6 rooms (similar to how it appears in the Flair app) control it in that manner (i.e. as 6 seperate thermostats, one for each room?)

(2) If the above is not possible, what is the best approach to configure/manage the control of of temperature in each room individually? noting the following:

• I don’t want to run the risk of the heater being turned on and all vents are closed and I don’t want to have to manually control everything otherwise it would be better to just use the Flair standard integration with ecobee
  • I’d like to be able to control the whole solution from Home Assistant which i’m proficient at.
  • I’m dreading the thought of having to fully configure all the logic myself in Home Assistant once everything is exposed there, I’m hoping there’s an easier way to achieving what i’m after which is simply exposing the Flair app’s style of control into Home Assistant. Doing it myself I’m also having to manage the risk of all vents closing and the heater still running.

Your help and advice is appreciated.