*** No longer supported *** [RELEASE] FLAIR DEVICES with new capabilities for building physical zones in your home and controlling your mini/window splits, portable heaters/coolers

Hi @grooves12,

Following this previous post:

I’ve done some testing under the new Samsung platform, and the groovy code can now create the devices under the New Samsung connect app. You don’t need the ST classic app anymore.

Regards.

Hi,

You can now create the Flair devices under the new Samsung connect app.

My Puck device in Fahrenheit

My Puck device in Celsius

MyHVACUnit in Fahrenheit (For mini/window splits, portable heaters/coolers )

MyHVACUnit in Celsius (For mini/window splits, portable heaters/coolers )

MyFlairVent

To leverage all capabilities and custom commands, I’d recommend the ScheduleTstatZone smartapp also available at my store. The smartapp is based on the concept of rooms/zones/schedules:

The devices (DTHs) are available at my store:

Regards.

Hello, I was looking into the Flair Puck and it seems perfect! However, it appears that it doesn’t support dry mode even though it has a humidity sensor. I found this topic on Google when searching for a workaround. You mention it can set modes such as “on/off, heat/cool/dry/fan modes”. Are there any simple instructions I can follow to have a minisplit automatically activate dry mode if the humidity is above 60%.

Hi, it really depends on the IR codes available for your device. You should first contact flair support about it.

If the IR codes support the dry mode, then the Flair device under ST will be able to enable the dry mode. with my code. However, with the new Samsung connect platform, the new capability airConditionnerMode doesn’t always work as planned (work in progress, this is due to the Samsung connect UI, not my code).

Under the old ST platform or under Webcore (rule engine), the dry mode can be enabled.

Regards.

Hi,

Just want to inform my contributors that new major versions of MyPuckDevice(v2.0) & MyFlairServiceMgr (V2.0) * can be downloaded at my e-commerce solution provider (sellfy) using the original download link.

• If you’re a contributor and interested in the new major version (v2), let me know and I can directly send the code to you for beta testing the upgrade. All you need to do is to copy &paste the new code over the existing one for the DTH (Device Handler Type) and the service manager (MyFlairServiceMgr).
  • You’d probably need to refresh the Samsung connect app’s cache in order to see the UI changes. There are some instructions to do so in the release notes.
  • The new UI presentation amongst others adds a custom capability (setZoneSetpoint) and the humidity capabilities.

You can also refer to the 1st post of this thread for all the use cases supported.

MyFlairServiceMgrV2 & MyPuckDevice(v2) are available at my store:

www.ecomatiqhomes.com/store

Regards

Hi,
Just want to inform my contributors that new major versions of MyFlairServiceMgrV2.1 & MyPuckDevice(v2.1), MyHvacUnit (v2.2), MyFlairTstat (v1.3),MyFlairVent (v1.3) can be downloaded at my e-commerce solution* provider (sellfy) using the original download link.

• The new versions have faster initialization and better performance for the Flair Vent DTH.
  • All you need to do is to copy &paste the new code over the existing one for the DTH (Device Handler Type) and the service manager (MyFlairServiceMgr).
  • You’d probably need to refresh the Samsung connect app’s cache in order to see the UI changes for the Puck. There are some instructions to do so in the release notes.
  • The new UI presentation amongst others adds a custom capability (setZoneSetpoint) and the humidity capabilities.

You can also refer to the 1st post of this thread for all the use cases supported.

MyFlairServiceMgrV2.1 & MyPuckDevice(v2.1), MyHvacUnit (v2.2), MyFlairTstat (v1.3) are available at my store:

MyHVACUnit in Fahrenheit

MyHVACUnit in Celsius

MyFlairVent

The new code can be download at my store now:
Regards

Hi,
Just want to inform my contributors that new major versions of MyFlairServiceMgrV2.2 can be downloaded at my e-commerce solution* provider (sellfy) using the original download link.

• The new version of MyFlairServiceMgr (v2.2) corrects some duplicate issues when renaming the devices;
  • All you need to do is to copy &paste the new code over the existing one for the DTH (Device Handler Type) and the service manager (MyFlairServiceMgr).
  • You’d probably need to refresh the Samsung connect app’s cache in order to see the UI changes for the Puck. There are some instructions to do so in the release notes.
  • Since MyFlair devices V2, the new UI presentation amongst others adds a custom capability (setZoneSetpoint) and the humidity capabilities.

MyFlairServiceMgrV2.2 & MyPuckDevice(v2.1), MyHvacUnit (v2.2), MyFlairTstat (v1.3) are available at my store:

MyHVACUnit in Fahrenheit

MyHVACUnit in Celsius

MyFlairVent

The new code can be download at my store now:
Regards

FYI, promotion from Flair during the Holidays and new vent size available…

|

Meet 6"x14"
Flair’s Newest Smart Vent Size

We’re so excited to announce our newest Smart Vent size: the 6"x14". We’re opening preorders now! You can grab your 6"x14" for the low price of $80 for a limited time. Order now »

HOLIDAY SALES

Use code HOLIDAYVENTS and get a Starter Pack of 1 Puck and 1 Smart Vent starting at $169! This code works with our new 6"x14" Smart Vents!

Use code HOLIDAYPUCKS and get a Starter Kit of 2 Pucks for $209!

BUY NOW! »

The award-winning Flair Puck

Flair is proud to announce that the Flair Puck Pro was recently named the winner for mini split controls in the Lighting & Homes for Tomorrow competition. The judges said:

The Puck Pro fills a niche for mini-splits and has the ability to operate primary and secondary heating systems together for a seamless experience.

P.S. Here is a referral link to get some additional discounts (usually 10%) at Flair:

The 6x14 isn’t shipping until June 2021 :roll_eyes:

Hello all, I have the Flair Puck working with a Lennox Mini Split and now using this code connected to SmartThings. Flair is set to manual mode. I cannot figure out how to turn the system on/off via SmartThings. The IR remote as well as the “turn off” button on the Puck work, but when I set the HVAC system to off from heat or cool nothing seems to happen. Likewise if via the Puck or Flair app the device is turned off changing these modes won’t turn it on. What am I doing wrong here?

Hi,

Most likely, you haven’t downloaded the right codeset for your device at the puck or the installation was incomplete.

To download the right codeset is a prerequisite to make it work properly.

Please refer to the ST community wiki for the prerequisites:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Flair_HVac_Unit#Prerequisites

For the installation steps, refer to

P.S. Also, please note that I cannot help you without logs. Refer to
https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Flair_HVac_Unit#Issue_.237:_I_want_to_get_more_tracing_in_the_IDE
Regards.

Thank you for your quick reply and additionally for any further assistance.

I think I have the best codeset available from Flair, I repeated setup (initially it was done by a professional) and was able to choose the exact remote model I have and only one code was available for it.

I went ahead and tried all available Lennox codesets without any success.

In the Flair app there is no “off” on the mode selection, but pressing the “power” toggle sends the power off command via the Puck to the indoor unit correctly.
On the HVAC unit in Smart Things changing between cool/heat works and the Puck device sets the temperature as expected. There is however no effect when setting the mode to off.

This shows up in the log:

10:09:45 PM: error failed, Error: 422

Low priority question: is fan speed control supposed to be available?

Hi, first, please remove the logs from the forum as they contain confidential information about your location and devices. You should send your logs to services@maisonsecomatiq.com, not post them here.

Second, the http error 422 means that the command is correct, but the Flair APIs are not able to process it. You’d need to contact Flair support as this is beyond my code. Usually, this error is sent back when the Flair mode is not set to manual.

For the fan speed, you can use Webcore (Rules engine) to change it with the commands: fanLow, fan Medium, fanHigh.

For the list of custom commands available (according to the capabilities/codeset of your Flair connected device), please refer to

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Flair_HVac_Unit#Information

P.S. If you want more commands available in the UI, you can try to change the device type to “ARTIK Cloud Smart Home Air Conditioner” & update, and then reset your mobile cache . This will unlock some additional commands. However, because the SmartThings UI in the new app is still a work in progress (Samsung is still working on processing the OCF device type correctly), there will be duplicated fields and some elements will not display correctly. MyHvacUnit DTH contains the right ocfDeviceType as you can see in the code (header)

Regards

So I got the vents working in smartthings, but I can’t seem to get my new In room GE AC unit (using Flair’s SmartHQ integration) to work with the smartthings. Its linked up in the flair app and works there. I have the device handler installed, it shows up after using the smartapp to add it.

The HVAC device doesn’t show fan speed options in smartthings but does in flair. In smartthinsg it only shwos ON & AUTO, no LOW, MED HIGH, etc.

It seems to be pulling information from the AC unit once in awhile, since it’s getting temp and state (cooling) - but it doesn’t update very often and changing anything in smartthings seems to have no effect.

• Shane

Hi,

1. Please read the prerequisites section at the wiki:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Flair_HVac_Unit#Prerequisites

And, especially the following one:

Manual mode needs to be enabled in the flair app (as you’re letting SmartThings control the flair device(s) via APIs, not Flair)

1. The polling interval is 10 minutes by default, but you can change it in the last page of MyFlairServiceMgr to be every 5 minutes.

2. The fan modes appearing in the ST UI presentation are ON, OFF and AUTO by default. This is the standard ST presentation for all thermostat related devices .

The other fan speed can be called via your favorite rule engines (WebCore, SharpTools) if the downloaded code for your device supports it.

For the list of commands (which are dependent on your HW capabilities), refer to:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Flair_HVac_Unit#Information

Regards.

Yeah Flair has been manual since install. I noticed the polling times and had it set to 5 but then set it back to default to see if that would fix it not working. The HVAC is not IR, it’s using the cloud integration between the flair app and GE’s SmartHQ service.

I can not control the AC unit at all with the smartthings flair hvac device controls… But it works through the flair app. The Smartthings Flair HVAC device seems to be polling data from the unit, but I’m not able to turn it on via smartthings. Setting it to cool, off, and back does nothing. Same with fan ON/Auto.

My guess is there is no actual “Power” button option in the Smartthings UI like with the Flair app?

Answered my own question… Used core to send a Power On command to the AC unit when another switch was turned on and it powered on. I should be able to make things work from here. Thanks for the help!

Hey Yves,

I have a specific scenario and I want to make sure your solutions can assist with it.

Flair Puck connected to a Fujitsu Mini Split
Ecobee thermostat already connected to SmartThings

My goal is to integrate the mini split (via Flair) with my Ecobee so that the Ecobee, with it’s simple UI, is the family-friendly interface. Then I can have a separate Minimote button for turning Swing Off and Swing On, since the Ecobee doesn’t have that.

I can accomplish most of this with the Flair cloud, but the puck must be in Auto for it to work.
Things that I can do with the puck in Auto:

• Control the mini split’s temperature, matching it to the settings on the Ecobee, where I already have a schedule.
  • Use the Ecobee’s current temp as the current temp for the mini split.

I’d also like:

• to match the Ecobee’s mode on the mini split, which Flair is not doing.
  • Use a minimote to select Swing Off and On.

Can you solution help with this? Any guidance?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, with MyFlairHvacUnit & MyEcobee bundles at my store, you can use the zoning smartapp to synchronize the modes and target temperature between your master tstat (ecobee) and your mini split via SmartThings.

All the use cases are described at the community wiki:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=EcobeeSetZoneWithSchedule

You’d need MyEcobee and Flair DTHs to do so, as they are tightly integrated to my zoning smartapp called ecobeeSetZoneWithSchedule

Regards

Thanks for the fast response. I have purchased and installed all that you suggested. I have successfully installed everything, but have a few questions/issues:

1. Using the EcobeeSetZone and I think I have configured it properly with the Ecobee as Master and MyFlairHVAC as the slave. However, depending on where I save a temp change, I get different results. I see settings for temp on the Puck, HVAC, Zone and Ecobee.
  2. Regardless of what I change, getting updates to the mini split are very very slow, any way to speed this up?
  3. Mode change on Ecobee is detected in ST, and sent to the mini split, however the MyFlairHVAC device still shows it in mode: Cool.
  4. Using MyFlairHVAC, I find no options to configure swing in the MyFlairHVAC device. Where are these? Flair properly shows that the Swing is available in their app.

Thanks!