[OBSOLETE] Fibaro Single Switch 2 FGS-213 & Double Switch 2 FGS-223

Yes, the 212 module is powered by your mains electricity but it can switch and external load. See the terminal marked IN. In the diagram they show it also connected to Live, but you don’t need to do that if you want to switch an external load. You would connect your garage door circuit across IN and Q

Thanks for your help I have an normal phone on the wall that you speak with the person that ringing the door that is garage door this phone have a button that opens garage door so as a phone wires is small and 12 volt what do you think is the best way to open that door
The door is 100m away no wifi signal there

Eric

You’re such a star.
I have now recoded my system with webCoRE. Its fantastic.
CAn your Device Handlers differentiate between physical & programmatic interactions as supported now by webCoRE?
I would appreciate your advise as this would be very useful to determine and differentiate…

Hi all to those who is using FGS, 213 (not 223), with 2 switches connected to S1 and S2. One question. Does S2 do anything at all? What is its function?

I’m trying to use S2 to toggle the load like S1. Possible?

Edit : figured it out. I enabled sending scene ID and used core to switch on the load upon detecting change of button state. Thanks you @erocm1231 for the wonderful DTH.

Hi

New to smart things. I have installed a Fibaro FGS-223, and followed the inclusion process and smartthings recognised it was a multi-endpoint device.

I have updated the device handler to this excellent hander. However the devices come up under the parent device and not as 2 separate switches. Is there any way that I can get the 2 separate switches to show up as 2 separate “things”

Also a small minor point I have updated the labels on the 2 switches in the developer section, but the label is not updating on my Smartthings App.

best wishes

James

Hello there and happy new year!

Have you installed both device handlers? In order to get the two separate switches, you need to configure both handlers on your ST hub:

Make sure you have both before configuring the device on the HUB.

Best regards.

2 Likes

Thanks for this.

I installed the device handlers after including the relay intonzwave network.

I removed the relay and added again and working as expected

Thanks for the help

I been using this wonderful handeler for a couple of month but since 4-5 Days my FGS-223 seems to be “Unavailable” but my “Smart Lightning” work. They are “offline” in status until i press and hold the symbol on my celluar and press “Configure” then they are online again.

Any ideas?

1 Like

@erocm1231

Hi Eric, I am having the same issue as Tommy!!! I was using mine without the child devices but even with the unmodified DH’s it will NOT even create the child devices now when you come out of the Config Page.

Reached out to Support but nothing back yet.

Any suggestions welcome as I have 6 external security lights running on these so they are pretty important.

Thanks!

Odd, I just added (within the last hour) a new FGS-223 to my setup. it discovered correctly, set the correct device handler and created the child devices.

I have noticed a slight lack of responsiveness if/while the Z-wave needs to re-converge.

I will not be home until the weekend so unfortunately cannot remove and add the switches back to see if that works but there is defo an issue which started on the 3rd or 4th of January when all of mine went offline. I can look at the child devices in the IDE (the hyper links under the Parent devices) and it shows them responding but they will NOT appear in the app, they no longer send push notifications etc. and it will NOT create the child devices as it used to in the past when coming out of the config page.

I am really getting fed up with them making changes to the cloud etc. I appreciate things need to be updated etc. but not if it causes issues like this. On top of this half of my Fibaro Motion Sensors have also gone offline over the last week for no reason whatsoever. This is definitely all connected to them messing with the cloud or making changes/updates to our config.

@erocm1231 Unfortunately I couldn’t create an issue on Github, but for the FGS-223 there is a newer version now with a new fingerprint. There is a new model 3000 on top of 2000 and 1000.

is it right that ive ended up with 3 switches? a master with both a 2 childs?

Hello @erocm1231 first of all, thanks for the great work. I’ve just bought and installed a FGS-223 and I’m trying to get it included in Smartthings. Have added both the device handlers but my app is not able to find any new device. Can anyone guide me how to properly include the device in my network?

I struggled and seam to to end up with some ghost devices (don’t show up on the divece list or app thing but does on automation)
remove the switch from the system
add the 2 DH and publish
then try adding
go to my devices (ide)
find it (prob call z-wave muility point) and click the name
scroll down n click edit
click the drop down "Type * "
scroll down to the bottom of that list and there should be Fibaro double switch FGS-223
click update
job should be done…
just check 2 more switch should have appeared and following the (find device and edit) above check the “types*” are “metering switch child”

Has anyone managed to set up direct associations with the FGS-223. I’ve got that working with the Dimmer 2 and @zcapr17’s handler, but am looking to incorporate the FGS–223 in my setup and need the same ability to control my devices directly without needing internet connectivity.

Hello.

I have 11 fibaro fgs-223 installed in my house.
The DH works perfect.
I am having problems when I create a routine, scene or smartlighting where I switch on or off several switches at the same time. From now on I’ll call routine for short.
The problem is that not always the routine runs completely, that is, some lights do not turn on or do not turn off.
They are really simple routines, for example, turning on 10 switches or switching off 10 switches.
Ask the smartthings support and they say the routine time out.
Try to move the hub, thinking that it may be a signal issue, but the problem persists.
I do not know what to do or how to proceed. Actually the fibaro switches work well, except that you can not turn off or turn on several in a routine.
Do you have any idea of ​​a workaround that could be applied to my case?

Thank you

Hi, Z-wave newby here, in the process of migrating from X10. I have just installed a Fibaro 223 and Smartthings recognises it. However when I try to set up some new smartaps, cutting and pasting your code, when I hit create I get an error :
No signature of method: script_app_metadata_0d14c152_7db7_4a57_97aa_05134b9cdb63.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script_app_metadata_0d14c152_7db7_4a57_97aa_05134b9cdb63$_run_closure1) values: [script_app_metadata_0d14c152_7db7_4a57_97aa_05134b9cdb63$_run_closure1@158c9622] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)

I don’t really know what I’m doing so I’m certainly doing it wrong !! Any pointers ? Thanks !

The need to be installed as “Device Handlers”.

Hi Eric @erocm1231
Sometime ago I installed a dual Fibaro FGS-222 and worked perfectly I can use the virtual switches to turn on/off separately the lights. Now I bought a FGS-223 and the same smartapp is not working and I see that you made some fixes to make it work as well. The problem is that when I copy the new code and tray to put it in the smartthings to create my smartapp “from code” I get this error after I click on “create”. Could you help me ??

No signature of method: script_app_metadata_c0ca0278_605d_4a69_99ed_10a171c03682.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script_app_metadata_c0ca0278_605d_4a69_99ed_10a171c03682$_run_closure1) values: [script_app_metadata_c0ca0278_605d_4a69_99ed_10a171c03682$_run_closure1@2d8a02df] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)