[RELEASE] Fibaro RGBW Controller (FGRGBWM-441) - Advanced DTH

Were you ever able to create custom programs/buttons?

@zcapr17… I hope you’re still an active member.

I have your most excellent DTH running in my bathroom (both a mirror and shower wall).
I’m using an external toggle switch to turn the lights on and off… which works well [via PARM #14 - RGBW - MOMENTARY (NORMAL MODE)].
A problem over the last while seems to have popped up where when I turn on the switch, the RGBW lights come on BUT so does something else in the house !!! It seems to be random as to what will come on. Sometimes more than one thing comes on also. This is extremely frustrating.
Is there a way to stop this? Perhaps something is set that shouldn’t have?

Most eagerly waiting for your reply.

That’s because the device itself needs a firmware update, a temporary fix is factory resetting the device, and hassle ST to bring forward their planned Z-Wave OTA updates…

1 Like

So if I factory reset, I must re-enter all parameters as before… but leave all ASSOCIATION GROUPS parameters alone? In desperation (not knowing fully how it works) I tried putting a “777” for each association as a phantom device… and at one point just “0” for each.

So I have an RGBW strip attached to the Fibaro and successfully installed this DTH. I have a simple on/off switch on the wall which works in that it switches it on but it remains fully white.

The app doesn’t show the correct status and won’t allow me to turn it on or off, nor allow me to change each colour channel.

I’ve been through the settings but admit they may be wrong…

Any advice?

Jost got this installed, and it seems to be working fine. I have RGBW setup, I can change all four color channels no problem. The program tiles work for the separate colors.
However, the pre installed programs (Fireplace, Storm, Deep Fade, Lite Fade, Police) do not work.
I am using Android Device, Fibaro RGBW Controller, SmartThings Classic app…

I feel I am missing something, but I don’t know what. My common sense and logic are telling me that if all the channels are operative and controllable, them I should be good. But the programs just will not fire.

1 Like

I’ve had mine connected and working with SmartThings for several months but just noticed this as well, since the 28-Sept Hub firmware update. Just in time for Halloween :rage:

this solved my, fill out all required fields problem… used my wife’s iphone then it started working on my android. thanks!

I am having the same problem. All the colors are working but Fireplace, Police etc. do not work. I am currently using an Iphone so not sure where the problem may be.

I have had this working on my android but no longer. The interesting thing is it will show up with all the buttons only on the first time. Then all the buttons disappear after the first time.

I can’t get this to work on Android either. I can’t seem to find a working device handler for this device. I tried the one on Fibaro’s home page, I’m just able to turn the strips on and off, but not open the page for it in the classic ST app. With this device handler however, I am not able to do anything at all. I tried removing all defaults between rows 383 and 611 as stated by @Simon_Tether. Everything in the classic app is just greyed out and shows zeros. I’m not even able to turn the strip on (“TURNINGON”). If I open the device in the new SmartThings app, it just crashes. Could someone please post (or PM me) a working version of this device handler for Android? Thanks!

In case anyone else is struggling, version 30.3 of the hub firmware seems to break this DTH. It can still issue commands but will likely fail to update the statuses of the channels. You will need v30.5 (currently in beta testing) to resolve.

So I downloaded and installed the Fibaro RGBW Advanced DTH and using the smart light app and choosing blue, it makes the light strip turn purple. Using the color wheel I can choose blue without a problem on the correct color but for some reason turning on with motion it turns purple.

Any suggestions?

Been using this device handler for a long time, but now we are forced to use the new Smartthings app starting next week and this device handler crashes the new app for me. Anyone else have this problem?

Looks like the Fibaro Rgbww controlers are not going to get any support, Codesaur is no longer active so the DTH will not get redone for the new app unless a clever member can recode

I just tried using the old app to change some colours as mine is installed outside with external leds round the front of the house, seems like it is responding still but slowly and not reporting back to the app properly

there should be a sticky thread on the forum warning potential purchasers that the devices can no longer be used with ST, they were the best you could buy now there useless

It’s a shame ST/Samsung aren’t at the very least porting over they’re own official device type handlers to work with the new app, but maybe they’ve tried and can’t? Have you read the custom capability thread? I’m pretty sure nobody would be able to do it at the moment, even if they were paid, they’d need extra remuneration for ptsd. And there’s only a week left before we all fly blind.

There seems to be a official Fibaro RGBW Controller DTH (https://github.com/richb1/FIBARO-Official-SmartThings-Device-Handlers/blob/master/FIBARO-%20RGBW%20Controller), it seems to work with the new Smartthings app, but it doesn’t have controls for every channel separately and I need that functionality.

I figured out a way how I can keep using the Codesaur’s Advanced DTH by automating it with Sharptools rule engine (https://sharptools.io) and their app on Android (You can set up widgets to control specific channels using it).
Also found a fix that makes Alexa and Google Home able to control colors correctly in this thread, so everything except the Smartthings app works as it should. So I will be using Codesaur’s Advanced DTH until they turn off the ability to use custom device handlers and then I will move to Habitat.

2 Likes

If Fibaro have released an official DTH wonder why its not included in the Fibaro supported device selection in the new app ? Oversight or designed for old app but has limited use in new app which is probably what it is

Are the special colour options available in the new app such as fireplace and police etc and are they exposed as automation options ?

I’ve got some old rgbw fibaro that worked perfectly fine so i bought 3 new devices recently.
I was disappointed to notice that the new versions are not working. New versions have no antena and have a QR code on the device itself.
My problem is that the colors are changing very slowly ( about 1 minute) and scenes like police, fireplace etc are not working at all.
I tried official/unofficial DTH , i tried changing the transition parameter ( 151 and 152) to 2-3 seconds, nothing seems to work and i can’t even return them; Can’t believe i wasted almost 200 euros on something i was sure it will work.
The version of the controller that i have is 442.
Can someone else confirm that they have the same problem?

The fibaro rgbww controlers are not currently supported in the new ST app, the device works to a degree but non of the special features such as police and fireplace are available, and from my experience the colour wheel is also out of whack

Your not alone in being annoyed