[OBSOLETE] Fibaro Motion Sensor ZW5 (ver. 3.2) (Advanced DTH)

Hi Guys,

So I’ve connected one sensor to smartthings and added the DH code by classicGOD.

I’ve created a “Smart Lighting” to start when motion is detected to switch on some lights. This has worked once but not working afterwards.

Can anyone help?

Hi ClassicGOD,

Awesome job, works like a charm.:smiley:
Thanks
K.

I’m having a few issues here :cry:
I ordered two of these motion sensors from Amazon and they turned up today. I then installed your DHT and set paired one of the motion sensors. However, I the motion sensor’s state is always inactive and the luminosity and temperature only update when I press the sensor’s ‘B’ button.

Here are the logs when motion is detected:

d0bf8495-6392-446f-8620-dffa77bdc9d6 8:59:26 PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException
d0bf8495-6392-446f-8620-dffa77bdc9d6 8:59:26 PM: info Fibaro Motion Sensor ZW5 - NotificationReport received for 8, parameter value: null
d0bf8495-6392-446f-8620-dffa77bdc9d6 8:59:26 PM: debug Fibaro Motion Sensor ZW5 - Parsed SecurityMessageEncapsulation into: NotificationReport(event: 8, eventParameter: , eventParametersLength: 0, notificationStatus: 255, notificationType: 7, reserved61: 0, sequence: false, v1AlarmLevel: 0, v1AlarmType: 0, zensorNetSourceNodeId: 0)
d0bf8495-6392-446f-8620-dffa77bdc9d6 8:59:26 PM: debug Fibaro Motion Sensor ZW5 - Parsed: SecurityMessageEncapsulation(commandByte: [0, 0, 0, 255, 7, 8, 0], commandClassIdentifier: 113, commandIdentifier: 5, reserved13: 0, secondFrame: false, sequenceCounter: 0, sequenced: false)
d0bf8495-6392-446f-8620-dffa77bdc9d6 8:59:26 PM: debug Fibaro Motion Sensor ZW5 - Parsing: zw device: 06, command: 9881, payload: 00 71 05 00 00 00 FF 07 08 00

Yes, this sensor is running the 3.2 firmware, however, what should I do to fix this?
I’m also in the UK, if that changes anything.

Try enabling location services.

I remember someone else having issues like this.
In short what is probably happening: I display time of the last motion/tamper event and to do this SmartThings needs to know your time zone and for some reason doesn’t just get it from your system settings but from location data.

1 Like

Hi,
I’ve used the Fibaro sensor before in germany with fhem and had no problems with it.
I moved to the US in June and due to different z-wave frequency bands I couldn’t use the EU version and bought a new one for use with smartthings, which showed up yesterday.
I tried to include to associate the sensor with the smartthings DHT and with the one in this thread, but I could get it included. Yes, it’s a FGMS-01 ZW5 v3.2 US. I also resetted the sensor, moved it closer the my hub and finally gave up after two hours. The sensor reports motion and tamper alarm just fine.
Is there anything I’m missing here or a clue why it won’t show up? My other z-wave devices (door sensor) where associated within 30 seconds. I didn’t found anything fruitful in the logs.

I assume you got US version of the hub as well?
DTH has no influence on the device inclusion. Try putting the device into inclusion mode from the LED menu (check the manual) instead of clicking the B button 3 times.

Yes, the hub (smartthings stick for Nvidia Shield) is the US version. I’ll try the LED menu later today.

Thanks

Update:
I just had to restart the shield and the sensor was included right away…

Hi,
my motion sensor sometimes doesn’t report that a motion has stopped. Could the reason be, that it was out of range at the moment when the status changed? Maybe it is a dumb question, but the other devices nearby were reporting correctly at that time…
Regards,
Jogi

I have see on description on ebay that sensor can count how many people is in the room is it really possible?

Yes and no. It is possible by using 2 sensors and the sequence they activate in to calculate estimated persons entering and exiting the room but it’s not a functionality of the sensor itself but of a smart home system. I’ve seen tutorials how to set it up on Fibaro own HUB (for example: http://www.fibarouk.co.uk/counting-people-using-two-motion-sensors/ ).

SmartThings has no functionality like this but it probably would be possible to write smart app that does this.

If the sensor was out of range when sending the “motion stopped” event it would not register in the app and it would appear as it’s in the motion detected state.

The LED brightness control doesn’t seem to work for me.
Anyone struggled with this issue for this Device Handler?

@florinangelescu I’ve had no issues with this DH at all. My only issue with these sensors is that for some of the sensors they get stuck on motion (regardless of the DH used) similar to what is happening to @Jogil. I’ve 5 of these sensors and 2 always gets stuck.

I actually caught up with the thread and it seems I have to wake the device in order to update parameters or wait until it wakes up (every 2 hours). I changed that wake time to 15 minutes in order to transmit changes quicker. So far everything seems to be working well. I will have to see after a couple of days if the issue you mentioned also occurs to me.

@KellyDarren: Could it be that the 2 that get stuck don’t have a connection at the moment when motion stops? Maybe you could swap one with one of the other three to find out.
I did replace mine with a new one but that has the same behavior. So either both of them do not work correctly or it is a matter of connection.

Would the wake up function update the status to “motion stopped”?

Have scanned this thread looking to see if there is a way to put the device in “night mode” so that the LEDs don’t function at night or in a certain mode?

Sorry if I missed it elsewhere!

Nick

@ClassicGOD Hi, I’m new to SmartThings (although used to coding software). I just bought a Fibaro ZW5 motion sensor and wanted to install your DTH for the ver 3.2 firmware. But when I checked my device in the IDE, I think it says ver 3.02 - here is a cut and paste of the Raw description
zw:Ss type:0701 mfr:010F prod:0801 model:1001 ver:3.02 zwv:4.05 lib:03 cc:5E,86,72,59,80,73,56,22,31,98,7A sec:20,5A,85,84,71,8E,70,30,9C role:06 ff:8C07 ui:8C07

Will your DTH work for this firmware?
Thanks in advance

Rob

It should. My sensors are also on 3.02 and I’m having no issues with this firmware.

Thank you!

@JogiL and @KellyDarren

I know you both have been struggling a bit with this device getting stuck on motion. I have the same issue as well. One does get stuck, and my other two do not. And the one that gets stuck had the battery die in a few months while the others still show 70+% battery left! I really like these sensors and the tons of features and flexibility that they have, especially with using the DTH from @ClassicGOD so I went about trying to figure this out. I think I have the answer as to why and wanted to share .

For me, the one that gets stuck on Motion (and tamper too, btw) is the furthest from the hub. It was at just about 35+ft from the hub and through multiple walls on the outside of the house. I swapped out one of my closer Fibaro’s with the further one and then the ‘good’ one put further away exhibited the same stuck on motion and tamper issues. The ‘bad’ one that I put closer to the hub did not exhibit the issue any longer!

IT DEFINITELY HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE DEVICE BEING AT THE FURTHEST REACHES OF THE ZWAVE NETWORK!

I then conducted the ‘range test’ (in the Fibaro manual) for the one furthest out. It would switch constantly between connecting to the hub directly and routing through another zwave device . The other zwave device it was routing through was not in an approximate straight line between the hub and Fibaro, it was kind of off to the side by 20+ feet or more, so not really an optimal mesh.

Next, I added another zwave repeater to my network, this time replacing a wall outlet with a zwave device that was approximately in a straight line between the hub and Fibaro. Ran the range test again and now the Fibaro does not switch between direct communication and through a repeater. It shows that it is connecting through a repeater only. I am assuming it is now connecting through the new repeater I put between the hub and the device.

Now no more motion and/or tamper being stuck on! Problem solved so far… I contacted Fibaro support btw and they say distance can not cause the Fibaro to be stuck on motion but I disagree. By adding a repeater directly between the Fibaro and the Hub it seems to stop the Fibaro from trying to constantly talk directly with the Hub which, for me, has solved this motion problem.

Good luck and let me know if you guys get your issued fixed by adding a repeater!