[RELEASE] Fibaro FGS-222 Double Relay Device Handler (Also Philio PAN 02/04)

Ok but it is everytime in the list.
he goal is to have just 2 device

Given the only downside of using the ZZZ naming is aesthetic, I’m afraid it wins compared to trying to make the parent device also deal with the first switch. If you do that then you can get strange behaviour in automations where it might include/exclude the child when not desired, or for people who don’t want a child device at all it is not an improvement. If you do want to customise the DH, you can easily make some changes that will get you very close.

@cjcharles Just a question, i’ve added a FGS-222 (version 2.2) to my new Hub V3, after applying your Device Handler i see just one master device with the two child just inside of it…
Trying pressing the cog, nothing happens… do you have any ideas of what can i do?
The DH works perfectly but i will use two different switch in order to separate two different automation!
Cheers!

When you press the cog and then save it should create two child devices which are separate children in your list of devices/things. Keep an eye on Live Logging while you do it and see if there are any special/error messages that might help.

1 Like

Hi,

I have been using Vera edge for a long time, and now I’m doing my first steps in moving to smartthings.

I’ve added three Fibro double switches, one FGS-223 and 2 FGS-222 (with this DH).
The first one looks good, but the problem is with the two others. In the devices list I see just one master device and the two child shows only when I drill down.
Do you know what can I do to make the 2 child appear in the device list?
I cant rename the child switch and set automations for the child switches.

Attached screenshots from the classic app and form IDE

A few things that I have noticed:

1. You have ZWAVE_LEGACY_NON_SECURE tagged on the device, this typically means you had the device too far away from the ST Hub when you paired it and hence didnt talk directly to the hub. This can prevent some features from working.
  2. The device is set to be a Dual Relay from what I can see, but the actual device handler screenshot you sent me is not the correct layout, if you change it to something else and then change it back does that work? Did you definitely save and publish the device handler?

Thank you very much!!!
Like you suggested, I switched to another DH and then returned to your DH, and was glad to find that it works now. :slight_smile:
The only thing is that the color of the buttons does not change according to a change of status. In fact, the buttons have no color at all.
Is it possible to set the buttons to change color according to status?

I can see the individual children buttons are changing colours as planned (blue on and white off).
For the parent device with two buttons (which I typically ignore by naming Zzz as you have done, once the children devices are working) it is green when either switch is on and white when both are off…
Looks good to me?

You can change the colour by editing the device handler to be whatever you want, but it does look like your device is working properly as intended.

Hi,
I meant it would look like the other fibaro module (fgs223)
You can see that he left button is green when the light is on and red when the light is off.

Sorry Im not sure where you see red, but admittedly the colour scheme between green/white and blue/white varies between device handlers. Sadly the only bit I can customise easily is the green bit on the parent handler (the blue bit is actually defined by SmartThings under their default device handlers…

Hello - sorry to drag up an old topic but I am having problems with this device and wondered if you had any suggestions. I have removed, added again and added your DH. However, in the new ST mobile app, the 2 children never appear. In the movie app, if I control the “discovered” device, it will turn the 1st child device on but don’t have any way of controlling the 2nd light. Hope you could shed any light?

Thanks & regards
Craig

What does Live logging say when you attempt to save/update the preferences of the device? Saving settings normally triggers the child creation and has been reliable for me (you might need to change a setting to something different for it to trigger a save)

sorry - probably missing something but don’t see anything notable in live logging - the device log does show the 2 children as set to “off” but they don’t appear in IDE or mobile app.

This is the device log

2020-10-25 10:01:00.620 PM GMT
moments ago
DEVICE ENTITY_UPDATE DeviceUpdated Device ‘{{ deviceName }}’ updated
2020-10-25 9:55:12.591 PM GMT
7 minutes ago
COMMAND poll poll command was sent to Z-Wave Device
2020-10-25 9:47:42.956 PM GMT
15 minutes ago
COMMAND poll poll command was sent to Z-Wave Device
2020-10-25 9:40:54.316 PM GMT
22 minutes ago
DEVICE switch off Z-Wave Device switch is off
2020-10-25 9:40:54.316 PM GMT
22 minutes ago
DEVICE switch2 off Z-Wave Device switch2 is off
2020-10-25 9:40:53.324 PM GMT
22 minutes ago
DEVICE switch1 off Z-Wave Device switch1 is off

Where did you get that log from? Did you get it from Live Logging? It has different formatting to normal. I think you may be looking at the device Events page, rather than Live Logging. You should ideally paste as code when you do it, so the forums do not corrupt your message information

Yes, sorry from device events - This is from live logging after a rename and save

22:12:34: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘value’ on null object @line 398 (configure)

41a8149d-f7fe-4d9d-9087-6c934e3996b2 22:12:34: debug Executing ‘configure’

41a8149d-f7fe-4d9d-9087-6c934e3996b2 22:12:34: debug Preferences have been changed. Attempting configure() and update

41a8149d-f7fe-4d9d-9087-6c934e3996b2 22:12:26: debug Parsed BasicReport(value: 0) to [[‘descriptionText’:Z-Wave Device: BasicReport(value: 0), ‘linkText’:‘Z-Wave Device’, ‘isStateChange’:false, ‘displayed’:false]]

22:11:37: info Waiting on events…

22:11:37: info For past logs for individual things go to the My Devices section, find the device and click on the Events link on the device information page.

22:11:37: info This console provides live logging of your SmartThings.

You will need to add the configuration parameters into the settings of the device then, it appears they are all blank. SmartThings does not seem to allow the defaults to work properly in most versions of the app (from what I can tell). You can just type the default value in the box where it is currently blank, you need to do this for all required parameters (or all parameters if you cant tell which ones are required in the new app)