[RELEASE] Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FGD-212) - Advanced DTH (V2)

Totally confused now.
Seems they are all working again right now after i picked a light at random and changed the brightness in the app rather than the on off and now everything seems to be working.
I need to investigate more but if that is the case I am so confused as to what it was.

Wondering if someone can help.
I’ve installed my first Dimmer 2 behind a double wall switch. S1 is working as expected, controlling the lights. Been through calibration, and very happy.

How do I tell if S2 is working? Switching it doesn’t report anything in the logs.
I’m hoping to use S2 to control another light via smartthings - it’s a LIFX bulb, so I need to listen for the switch.

(Using this DTH)

replying to myself. Scene activation (parameter 28) was off. Whoops!

1 Like

Just to say: this is a really well thought out piece of hardware, isn’t it?

I love that they’ve even thought of having a setting to cover “Whoops, I wired up the switches wrong” - especially given how much I don’t want to take it out and try to fit it back in the back box again!

2 Likes

Hello,

Can someone help me?
I can’t get the dimmer to work properly.
The dimmer works fine by the app (on/off, dimmer function), but when i push the phisical pulse button the light won’t go off, on work just fine.
The light keeps shining at a very low brightness, how can i correct this?

Thanks.

Can you post a picture of how its been wired? Does anything appear in Live Logging in the SmartThings IDE when you push the physical button?

Problem solved, bypass wrong connected!! Thanks for the help!

IDE Result

No neutral wire installed indeed, on the manual they said that it isn’t needed, are they wrong?!
Going to try to connect neutral…
UPDATE: Installed the neutral wire, but same problem…
Yes, 3x 6w spots in one lampholder
Yes, a bypass installed

This is how i got i wired:
2 wires out of the wall, brown and black.

• Wave with arrow: black out off the wall
  • N: combined with Sx to the L on the pulse switch (UPDATE: neutral connected to this port)
  • Sx: combined with N to the L on the pulse switch (UPDATE: Sx connected solo to the L on the pulse)
  • S2: not connected
  • S1: to the arrowdown sign on the pulse switch
  • L: brown out of the wall (live wire)

This pulse switch i used:

Sorry, can’t find a websitte with english translation…
A pulse switch with a 1 to 1 contact

Thanks!

Problem solved, bypass wrong connected!! Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Been playing around with this DTH to make it work better for my needs (and also improve my knowledge), so I thought I’d share what I’ve done.

Background: I’m using the S2 as a separate switch to control a smart light, and while it’s okay to hook into it from WebCore, I’d prefer to keep my simple light rules in the Smart Lighting app.

So…

1. Add a ‘button’ capability to the top of the DTH - this is because Smart Lighting will only handle one Switch (to my knowledge) on a device
  2. Add a config line to set number of buttons to 2
  3. In the SceneActivation command section (around 560), add a switch on the sceneId to better capture the cases I’m looking at (20 and 21 at the moment)
  4. Add in createEvent(name: 'button', value: 'pushed', data: [buttonNumber: 1], isStateChange, true) for on, [buttonNumber:2] for off

At this point I’ve successfully exposed two buttons which can be used in Smart Lighting (If Fibaro Button 1 pushed, turn light on; if Fibaro Button 2 pushed, turn light off). These will be triggered by physically switching the switch connected to S2 on and off

Great! Now to add some easy app control:

1. add a couple of commands called “sw2on” and “sw2off”
  2. add a new tile called “switch2” with two actions: sw2on and sw2off again
  3. define the two commands to send the same button pushed command as above
  4. Alongside all the new createEvent lines add some code which sets the value of “switch2” to “on” or “off” as well.

I’ve now got a second switch tile which toggles my second light!

I don’t know if I can make the second tile only appear if other settings are in a state where S2 is being used as a second switch (ie 20: 0 or 1, 26: 0, 28: 1). I’m also not yet looking at supporting momentary switches (because I haven’t rewired them yet) but it should be fairly easy to include them in the SceneActivation section above.

I’d be happy to share the code with anyone who’s interested. I’m not posting it here yet because it’s not at all tidy.

2 Likes

@RdL I commented in GitHub, but I think the source of your null pointer is the incorrect use of ‘&’ in the following code snippet below:

else if (state.proactiveReports & levelEvent.isStateChange) { result << response(["delay 5000", secure(zwave.meterV3.meterGet(scale: 2)),"delay 10000", secure(zwave.meterV3.meterGet(scale: 2))]) // Meter request is delayed for 5s, although sometimes this isn't long enough, so make a second request after another 10 seconds. }

Per http://www.groovy-lang.org/operators.html section 3, logic operators should use ‘&&’ for logical ‘AND’. I believe the use of a single ampersand is equivalent to ‘bitwise AND’ (see section 4).

else if (state.proactiveReports && levelEvent.isStateChange) { result << response(["delay 5000", secure(zwave.meterV3.meterGet(scale: 2)),"delay 10000", secure(zwave.meterV3.meterGet(scale: 2))]) // Meter request is delayed for 5s, although sometimes this isn't long enough, so make a second request after another 10 seconds. }

I noticed a handful of similar mistakes throughout the code.

This might be a noob question, but is there any way to utilize the ST modes (Home, Away and Night) to control what dim level to use, when the Fibaro is turned on? (i use a wireless button to control the dimmer)
I can see that this DH has a build in “Nightmode”, that are controlled by setting a start- and stop time, but can i use ST modes instead?
So when button is pushed while ST is in Home mode, the lights are turned on at 100%, and when button is pushed while in Night mode, the lights turns on at 20%?

Hope the question makes sense… :slight_smile:

Thanks for the tip Robin :+1:

But i’m still new to ST, so i haven’t started looking into webCoRE yet, and are trying to keep it simple at first… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’ll try to solve it with the ABC button controller, using two setups per button - one for each mode (Home/Night).
This works quite good for all my Trådfri’s around the house…

But thank you for taking your time to help - maybe “mode control” could be implemented as a feature some day… :wink:

I have 4 LED bulbs GU10, total load 48,8W, but the dimmer doesn’t go to 0% it goes to 1% when I use the hardwired switch S1 and the dimmer is connected to line and neutral.

I’ve copied and published this code however when I re-pair my Fibaro dimmer 212 it only sees multichannel device not Figaro 2. I know this is not the best version because there are only very basic options available. It not reporting off state correctly and Alexa will only allow dimming to 100% is there something I might be doing wrong that the dimmer is only being identified as basic multichannel device?

Are you 100% sure its a Dimmer 2 as the advanced DTH picks up the Dimmer 2 automatically by the fingerprint.

In any event, you can go back into the developer portal and edit the device type manually. The Dimmer 2 DTH you added will be near the bottom of the list.

1 Like

Hi Simon thanks for answering. Mine is the dimmer 2 FDG-212 ZW5 v3.5

EU 868MHZ 08.03.2018 so it’s a very new European one

Possibly a different fingerprint. What a happens if you edit the device and change to the correct DTH?

1 Like

There is no option to edit the device at least not in the android app that I can see

Thank you so much Simon and Robin for your help that worked perfectly with the correct driver 100% brightness now works and the on off state shows correctly in the app now result!. There’s certainly a learning curve to smart things that’s for sure!

Quick question from me… hopefully… Im struggling to get the S2 contact on the Dimmer2 to control another device (Fibaro Switch2). Ive tried using ZWave Tweaker but have so far failed and wonder if Im trying to do something that isnt possible…?

Currently I cant even get an S2 command to forward to another device (maybe because Switch2 is non-dimmable?), but Im also worried that when I get that sorted eventually it will fail to work since I dont want S2 to toggle the Dimmer2, just Switch2…

1. If S2 acts as a normal S2 for the Dimmer 2, then the command can presumably be forwarded to Switch2 with a bit more playing (but it will also switch on/off the Dimmer2 device).
  2. If I disable the Dimmer 2 local switching (so S2 does nothing to local device and only remote) then will it not forward the command to the Switch2…

Is it possible to use S2 for remote control only and disable local control? (I hope this makes some sense, Ive confused myself now!)

Oh wow, didnt realise you had completely dropped ST! Though I had clearly noticed less of you! You on HA now?

Yes Im trying to do it directly as it is so much faster than via Webcore, It sounds like you can use S2 to switch a remote endpoint and not change anything locally in that case! I will keep playing!!

Thanks for the fast response as always!