[RELEASE] Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FGD-212) - Advanced DTH (V2)

Hi again and thank you for involving yourself in my problem!

I have not “uncommented” defaultValue, so there is nothing to comment out.
I found 8 occurences of defaultValue, the first one in line 174 - is that all?
The comment says “iPhone users can uncomment these lines!” - it says “can” and not “must”, so I did nothing.

Regards
Einar

I uncommented the 8 occurrences, and voila - it works!

Sort of!
Turning on / off by switch is not reflected in app.
Turning on / off via app is not stable.

What is general experience with DH?

Thanks to Robin for sharing his insight!

Regards

Sounds like iOS is trying to work with the default values like Android used to and failing, but in the opposite way. Some values are needed and while they were commented out the handler was unhappy, the solution was probably to type them in manually instead but glad you got it working!

hi
i am new to this, i am buying a dimmer 2 and want to wire this to control an external 10W LED floodlight on on/off

On the samsung support page it simply says search for device to pair…

Why do we need to setup all this code ?

Is there anyway to stop the Energy Reports? My recently tab is full of them. I see Parameter 53 is for Energy Reporting, I’ve tried 0, but it doesn’t disable the feature, I’ve tried raising the threshold to 50, 100, nothing…

Hi, hopefully someone can help. I have two Fibaro Dimmer 2. One is working perfectly with this device type. But the other is apparently not syncing. The sync tile stays orange (sync pending) and after tapping it several times it doesn’t sync. I can see the sync logs in the IDE such as:

1b676053-3591-4e2e-b619-488b74fac10d  6:52:10 PM: info sync(): Syncing parameter #46 [LOAD ERROR Alarm Report]: New Value: 1
1b676053-3591-4e2e-b619-488b74fac10d  6:52:10 PM: info sync(): Syncing parameter #41 [Response to Water Flooding Alarm]: New Value: 2
1b676053-3591-4e2e-b619-488b74fac10d  6:52:10 PM: info sync(): Syncing parameter #40 [Response to General Purpose Alarm]: New Value: 3
1b676053-3591-4e2e-b619-488b74fac10d  6:52:10 PM: info sync(): Syncing Association Group #4: Destinations: []
1b676053-3591-4e2e-b619-488b74fac10d  6:52:10 PM: info sync(): Syncing Association Group #3: Destinations: []
1b676053-3591-4e2e-b619-488b74fac10d  6:52:10 PM: info sync(): Syncing Association Group #1: Destinations: [01]

But every time I tap the tile I get the same logs, and it stays as “sync pending”. Usage reports are accurate, as well as switch state, meaning if I physically turn on/off the switch, the state is reflected in the app. But if I try to control the switch via the app, it just stays as “Turning off/on” but it doesn’t do anything.

I know the Fibaro is installed correctly, as if I change the device type to a generic z-wave dimmer, it works correctly but I’d rather use this device type.

I’m using iOS and trying to force auto-calibration (Parameter 13 is 1). Any help is appreciated!

Hi guys,

I’m sorry if this is some basic problem, but i cannot create the device handler after copying from this groovy file.
This is what i get, when i click CREATE.

Can somebody help me with this?
EDIT: ok sorry. I think i pasted the code in wrong category. I guess it should work now (i’m at work now and can’t check it)

You are trying to add a smart app. You need to add a device handler.

Hi,

I’m using the v2.02 of the DH and it was all working great. I haven’t used it for a long while and then now it’s not responding. It works properly from the physical switch and it reports the power consumption correctly on the app, but it doesn’t turn on or off and doesn’t reflect the right status of the light

I tried to sync and now it says sync pending and load error. I tried to soft reset by cutting power but still not working.

I appreciate any help

Best,
Fab

Similar problem here. I have two dimmer modules. Both are reporting energy readings, so I know something’s working. One of them (the one closest to the hub) I can control via the app. The other one I can’t control at all from the app. Neither of them seem to be syncing settings. Any thoughts?
Thanks!

The only thing that solved it for me was removing the device from smartthings and then re adding it again. I couldnt explain why that happened but now it works perfectly after re adding it and using thr same DTH. Hope that helps !

A very similar issue here as well. Thanks to the awesome help from @anon36505037 I added one of these to my setup over the summer and used the amazing DH from @zcapr17. It has worked really well until about a week ago. I noticed that there were no message being shown on the “Recent” tab of the device from within the app. I tried to exclude it but this failed so had to forcibly remove it from ST via the IDE. I was then unable to re-add it so had to perform a factory reset via the B-button on the unit. This then allowed me to re-add the FGD-212 back into ST. If I revert back to the default ST DH it works fine (although I obviously loose the customisations and abilty to control the S2 button/scene control (which is pretty crucial to my setup)) so I know the communication is occurring between hub and dimmer.

I have re-copied the code from Codersaur GitHub repository but no change - as soon as I change the DH to this I loose all ability to control from ST. The physical momentary button still works fine though. Device shows as “Sync Pending” and no matter how long I wait, or mask the button, it doesn’t show Synced as it used to. Have also amended the property to perform a full sync but no change.

There are a couple of error messages shown in the IDE, one in particular shows “ZW secure inclusion failed” which to me sounds very much like to root cause of the issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ade

Thanks @anon36505037,

Sorry, have only just seen your response. Not sure why I never got an e-mail or notification about it.

I did wonder if this might be the case, as I know distance can be a factor with ZWave Secure. Just goes to show I should trust my gut more.

Will give it a go this weekend and report back.

Ade

1 Like

Has anybody found that Google Home really doesnt like controlling this device? Whenever I ask Google Home to “turn on/off the lights in the kitchen” it responds with “Sorry it looks like those lights haven’t been set up yet”. (the same is true of other rooms, but that was just an example)

The explanation I can think of, is that in Google Home when I look at the lights they have a switch icon rather than a light, hence if I ask Google to “turn on the kitchen” then the lights do come on. I have tried unlinking and relinking my account with ST/Google but that didnt help. Before I start playing with the DTH (probably to remove the switch capability or something similar), has anybody found a similar problem and fixed it?

I’m using this DTH (details in Wireless Switch for New Light in UK - Best Solution? - #22).

Can I ask what you mean by ZWave secure being needed for the DTH? I set a couple of Dimmer 2 yesterday and didn’t specifically select any secure settings. Is there anything I need to be aware of here?

Hi,

I am having the same issue as listed above. Using @zcapr17’s DTH for the past 4 months and not had a single issue until recently. I don’t know exactly when things stopped working as I have 45 of the dimmers on a site that has only just been moved into by the client. When I was testing before Christmas, all dimming worked, smart apps worked and the app worked fine. It was pointed out to me that in the last week, at least, the physical switch no longer dims the lights and is just on and off. the app fails to control the lights at all and just sits there stalled when trying to turn on or off.

I tried to add a new dimmer to the system as this is also failing. I have added all these dimmers by sitting at the same desk as the hub and using a test rig I have to power them up and include them. I didn’t know anything about the secure inclusion but as I have always added the devices from within a metre or two of the hub, I don’t seem to have issues in the past.

I don’t seem to be seeing anything interesting in the logs. I can see requests to turn on or off but that is it. Have the IDE set for trace and doen’t reveal anything new on that device.

Anyone any thoughts? I thought this might have been an issue caused by the recent updates from ST of the hub SW/FW.
I really don’t want to have to remove 45 dimmers and add them back in again and not have an explanation for it.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply @anon36505037,
Unfortunately this is the case for all 45+ dimmers. None of them are dimming. If I hold the momentary switch as normal for dimming, they just stay full brightness for a couple of seconds and the switch off completely.
The app says Sync Pending constantly for any dimmer that I go and look at its settings whether I make a change or not.
All were good for months when first installed. I thought maybe something atmospheric to start with but I can see from the logs that the commands are being logged and i can see a switch turned on manually show up in the logs.
The logs are not really showing much else.
Still stuck right now as to how to fix this.

Thanks

Ive noticed something vaguely similar, but it doesnt go from full brightness to off, it stays on bright for ~7s and then over the next second or perhaps 2 it dims down to off. Hence you have to hold it very carefully, and I didnt used to have to.

I wonder if something has reset the brightness profile from 100%-0% in terms of step size and things like that…

As I am the only one with access to the system right now and i know I haven’t made any changes, my gut is telling me that something in the latest update has broken it but I feel there would be lots more complaints if that were the case.

Mine all seem fine from what I’ve noticed. Do you have filament bulbs, or an LED setup? If the stepping has been reset, then what @cjccharles says might make sense.

It doesn’t explain the lack of app control though.