[RELEASE] Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FGD-212) - Advanced DTH (V2)

fibaro
dth_lighting
communitydevices

Awesome, thanks! On my way to the store. . .

(codersaur) #53

FYI, Vesternet appear to have 20% off the Fibaro Dimmer 2 for the Easter weekend.

(Robin) #54

Why oh why do they always offer discounts after I buy the quantity I need!!!

There’s literally no lights left to automate in my house now!!

I am new to ST and do not understand. Have set #28 to 1 but what is next? If I have Smart lightning app, how do I make it subscribe to scene attribute?

(Robin) #56

Smart lighting cannot subscribe to the scenes, it’s made by Samsung so it’s complete crap? :poop:

There are some standalone apps solely for this purpose but your best bet is to install and learn CoRE.

(Robin) #57

(Robin) #58

Thanks, have installed Core earlier but not tried it yet. Will look into it.

(Robin) #60

When building the trigger in CoRE:

• Click IF
  • Select switch
  • Scroll to and select your Device
  • Change attribute to ^Scene
  • Select ‘Changes to’
  • Type the scene ID you want to respond to

Example:

[RELEASE] Fibaro Single Switch 2 FGS-213 & Double Switch 2 FGS-223
(Robin) #61

Here’s a handy reference list from the manual:

So my example above responds to a double click of a momentary switch, wired to S1

Is there any way we could consider a slow dim like this

I have a fibaro dimmer installed in my theatre room and would be nice to have an option to dim the lights over 20 seconds or so automatically when I press play :slight_smile:

(Robin) #63

That’s what CoRE is for…

Ok, will have a play… I’m not that good with CORE but the only option I saw was a stepped dim which was obviously stepped, I was trying to get around this and a smoother dim

(Robin) #65

You can adjust the dimming time parameter but that will be for every dimming change and not controllable for specific events.

If this is what you want, adjust parameter 5 and 6 to suit your needs.

Edit:

You could in theory have CoRE change the parameters back and forth in response to pressing play but it could get messy.

Changed this manually and it looks ace, guessing to fire it using core I would have to set up some sort of virtual switch to change the parameter and have core turn that on?

At the moment I am using plex plus from here to monitor if media is playing. This can start a routine or change a device status which I’m guessing core can monitor and use to change the parameter, dim the light and then change the parameter back? I’m guessing there would be some lag here but that shouldn’t be a problem if I am intending to dim slowly anyway? I guess I could step it fast to 50% and then slowly dim down to 10 for a proper theatre effect?

Would be good to still have it able to flick on on pause and then slowly dim up again on stop at the end. PlexPlus can monitor this and trigger actions it’s just figuring out how to program those actions!

Like I say I’m new to ST and CoRE but am competent enough at tech. This is a whole new world of possibility though!

(Robin) #67

I think it can be done directly from CoRE with a custom command.

@zcapr17 can prob explain more?

(Robin) #68

Looking at @zcapr17’s handler it does not include a custom command to enable changing parameters via CoRE.

Suggest you try adding the following to the code:

At the top with the other commands:

command “changeSingleParamAfterSecure”

Anywhere in the main body of the code:

def changeSingleParamAfterSecure(paramNum, paramSize, paramValue) {
log.debug "changeSingleParamAfterSecure(paramNum: $paramNum, paramSize: $paramSize, paramValue: $paramValue)"
def cmds = secureSequence([
zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(parameterNumber: paramNum, size: paramSize, scaledConfigurationValue: paramValue)
])
cmds
}

(Sorry if the formatting is a bit messed up, trying to copy / past on mobile isn’t easy)

With the above entered into the DH, you should be able to select the custom command in CoRE and then enter the 3 bits of parameter info required (Param number, param size, param value).

Example is CoRE, which when fired should set param 6 to the default setting of 1.

Bear in mind that this won’t change the number displayed in the device settings page, but it will update the device itself which is what matters.

Maybe @zcapr17 would consider adding this feature by default?

(Þorgeir Valur) #69

Hi Robin, I was wondering if you could help a little.
I am trying to follow your instructions on CoRE how to use double press and scene ID, how ever I am using a Fibaro FGS-223 dual switch with Erocm1231 Device-handler it does support Scene ID.

When I try to follow instructions I don’t get all the same scenarios, I don’t get Attrbute and under Value I only get ON or OFF.

I have already posted at the Pistion help page with out any luck.

Do you have any advice for me.

(Dave) #70

I have an outdoor floodlight/motion detector that I was going to automate using a Fibaro FGD-223 by connecting the motion detector output to S2 on the Fibaro and my wall switch to S1 (I have continuous power to the fixture). The lights would only be connected to Q1, so my wall switch would be my way of manually turning on the lights and using CoRE, I could read S2 to know when motion was detected and run actions based on that input. I know how to get that all wired up, so my question is, can I use an FGD-212 to accomplish the same thing and also have the ability to dim my outside lights.

My specific question is, can I connect the motion detector output to S2 on an FGD-212 and then read that S2 was triggered so that I can run actions based on that? I know how to use CoRE, but I don’t yet own a FGD-212 to try it out.

(codersaur) #71

Yes. Not sure if it would be best to configure S2 as toggle or momentary, but either way you would get Scene Activation events (and corresponding scene attribute events) when S2 changed state.

Both the FGD-212 and FGD-223 have two switch inputs, the key difference is that the FGD-212 only has one output (load) whereas the FGD-223 has two (but not dimmable).