[UNSUPPORTED] Enphase Envoy (local access)

Ta, will do!

Edit: Done, the problem is now fixed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anyway to get this code to report consumption as well in real time? Thanks!

Some others in this thread have posted some solutions that work for them. However, since I don’t have a newfangled Envoy myself there is no way for me to test

I just added version 1.4.4 to ST. It populates the wrong network ID. When I manually change it in IDE it just reverts back.

Also, how do you check which port the Envoy is using?

Thanks!

It changes the network ID to your Envoy’s MAC address the first time it receives data. This is the most robust approach for LAN devices and bound to be unique.

Thank you. How can I find out which TCP port the Envoy is using?

It uses the default HTTP port (80) - AFAIK there’s no way or reason to change that.

Andreas, I have 20 M250’s but I am expanding my system by adding 3 new M315’s and 2new M320’s. Can i just take my total panels to 25 (I am assuming thr % calculation will be off), or do I need to change anything else? I suppose that the total power reported will still be accurate?

Thanks in advance

Yes, power and energy will be correct. The numbers for max percentage and efficiency will be off unless you adjust the numbers for inverter and panel size (just use the average value based on total number of panels).

1 Like

I just got my Hub (Christmas you know), so sorry for being a complete noob. I am having trouble setting this up. I read in this thread about adding a device for the envoy, however I do not see that type. Would that show up once I published the driver github repo? I tried to do that (including making a fork for myself), but I keep getting an error:

Error 500: Internal Server Error
URI /ide/device/doRepoUpdates

I realize this is probably not directly related to this driver, however I have no trouble checking and publishing other apps or drivers. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Looks like a GitHub-related issue. Try creating the driver and copy/pasting the code manually rather than using the GitHub integration.

Yep, so I just avoided github and created the device handler from code. It’s now listed in the “My Device Drivers”. That got me the “Enlighten Envoy (local)” entry in type list when I create a new device. I now see the device in my smart home list of devices, thank you very much.

I configured the ip address and the other options (btw
 how do I determine whether I have an M215 or M250 micro inverter, any hints?).

I don’t see any data at this point though
 so I may have to dig a little deeper.

Thanks for the quick response, and writing this
 this is great!!

Open the IP address of your envoy in a browser, then click on “Inventory” - this should list all the inverters (you might have to google the part numbers listed to determine your inverters).

The graph takes a little time to populate – you should at least see the numbers for current power and today’s as well as last 7 days production.

All works now
 thanks for creating such an awesome tool!

1 Like

Good morning, thank you for your work on this! I’m thrilled to integrate my system with my Smartthings.

Everything was going well but when I try to set this up in the app, even when I fill out all fields I’m getting the error “Please fill out all required fields.”

I’m using Android. Samsung S8. I can’t get past that.

I remember that there are some issues with settings on Android (and have been for a long time). There are a total of seven settings that need to be filled in, please make sure that you scroll down and enter them all (even if they are seemingly filled in, IIRC default values don’t work on Android).

1 Like

No luck there unfortunately. I did as you suggested and cleared out all of the fields and filled them back in. I still received the same error.

Now, perhaps I added this wrong. I did add the device via the web console. Then I tried to go into the app to finish.

Try entering the settings from the IDE as well.

Okay, can you give me a light walk through on that? I’m a bit unfamiliar. I saw where I could add it but it only gave me the option for the IP address. Is there another way to do so?

1. In the IDE, elect “My Devices” at the top
  2. Select the device from the list by clicking its name in the table
  3. Scroll down to the “Preferences” row and click the “edit” text
  4. Enter the correct value for each of the fields and then click “Save” at the bottom