[UNSUPPORTED] Enphase Envoy (local access)

I assume that you both are on Android? I hear that there are some issues… Try updating the settings on the IDE instead to see whether that helps.

Where in the IDE? I looked in a couple place with no place to change settings.

got a Java error on my wifes iphone. settings saved though

{“error”:true,“type”: java.lang.NullPointerException",“message”:An unexpected error occured."}

Hello,

Go into the IDE, select Devices, locate the Solar device then edit it’s properties. Scroll down to the lower section you will see you system settings like number of panels, inverters, size… Selected Edit on the left side, don’t forget to select update when you are done

@ahndee. My Android mobile app showed my pollinterval at 5 mins, however the IDE showed nothing so I updated the value, saved it and now it’s working

Thanks again for the tip
Rick

1 Like

Weird, didn’t have to do the edit in the IDE after making the setting changes on my wifes iphone. It didn’t work at first, but an hour later, I can now see data.

Great work. I would just see in fixing the android issue. Not everyone will have an iphone handy.

1 Like

Unfortunately I’m not the one writing the Android application that made all those bugs… :wink:

Yeah, no worries. Free fifty free. Even with the workarounds, it’s still works great.

My Envoy stopped updating Monday at 5:46pm. That’s the last record showing on the Recently Tab. I am wondering if the IP changed as I had to shut some breakers off to install some Z-Wave Switches.

Need to verify the IP is the same. I did reserve the address on my Router. Will report back when I get home.

i have had the same thing happened to me 2 times so far. One time was an IP change, The other time (now) the ip is the same but the device doesnt respond normal.
What i mean is this: Imagine the device internal ip is 192.168.0.10, so i put that on my browser and the main page doesnt come up. Then i check my router table i see that the device is there , also go to the enlighten website and see reports from today and yesterday but cant really see the device like i said. then i go http://192.168.0.10/api/v1/production and it fails from my browser. If i do the same from my raspberry py using python or wgen i do get a valid response that shows wattsnow and 3 other fields. So its kinda confusing to why some things work some dont and work from some devices!!

I’ve had a similar experience too.

In my situation I’m not able to cable my Envoy with Ethernet, so it’s currently connected via wifi. Furthermore, the Envoy itself is quite a distance from my wifi router - as a result it occasionally drops out and doesn’t reconnect for a number of hours (the internet connectivity light turns off).

As a temporary fix I can reboot the device which sees it reconnect and upload any missing data to Enlighten, but I suspect I’ll end up needing a wifi extender if the problem becomes a regular occurance.

Ok, found it. It’s in the Preferences area. IP changed. Set my router to keep that IP by mac. Will see later today for data changes.

No change. No new data.

hey @mpdano same for me. So i think* there are 2 theories behind this and i am testing them now

1. The lan hub function is totally unreliable (you can find other devices in here that use this and people have issues , i believe they are testing a new version of this)
  2. The envoy just craps out after you ping it several times.

To prove my theories, especially the first one, i have build a python script on my raspberry pi that pings the device and gets the same data as the DHT every 15 mins. Today is the 2nd day that it has been working flawless. I will leave for the weekend to see if thats going to continue to work.
After the weekend, i will also have the DTH to parse data from the device (i currently deleted it) and see if they keep on working or if the DTH just stops working. I tested a little bit that scenario yesterday and the DTH was just not working, logs showed that it couldnt get anything from the device, but the pi was receiving data without a problem.

for the second test once i am done with test 1, i will just have the python script try to parse data every 1 min, Now as i said its every 15 min and this is actually the only time i see values changing, if i parse faster there are no updates. I will try to update this thread after the weekend if anyone cares :slight_smile:

Thanks for keeping up on this.

Leo

Hello there!

Firstly thanks for this device, been using it for a while to monitor and enphase solar array. It used to show up in Smarttiles so I had the current and daily production values nicely showing on my dashboard… seems it hasn’t come across to ActionTiles… any chance this is a device issue? Or More of an actiontiles issue? Either way thanks for any input!

:slight_smile:

Make sure that you have updated to the latest code. Apparently ActionTiles requires the capability “sensor” for things to show up.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll check that out in the AM, I’ll scan the thread for the latest code or just pull from GITHUB all good.

Resolved Thanks!

1 Like

I have a few questions. First off I’m a noob and I apologize in advance for any stupid questions.

I’m looking for a solution, hardware and software to allow me to monitor my solar production and consumption and tell me how much energy I have in reserve (back to electric company) I can use before I have to pay the electric company for my excess usage.

I have a new solar array with the old enphase oval type monitor. 25 panels with micro inverters. I do not have any equipment to monitor my consumption.

I am looking to purchase a consumption meter, but I’m thinking it may be easier just to update to the new envoy-s approx $500 installed. I also see other options like the curb.

Can I accomplish what I’m looking for by just adding the aeon to my current setup and following the instructions in this thread? I’ve read this thread and the answer is not clear to me.

Finally, I have a year’s worth of solar production data I would like to migrate into this app and the consumption from Edison. To hopefully achieve what I’m looking for. I don’t want to ration my AC through the summer months when I may have a huge reserve of power available to use. I’m also to lazy to sit down and manually calculate my usage and production each month when Edison sends out my statement.

Thanks in advance for any answers or suggestions

@ahndee here’s the eclipse charted with your DH

2 Likes