[UNSUPPORTED] Enphase Envoy (local access)

Sorry haven’t seen that before. Here is mine today.

Looks like it either is not puling from the Envoy or it can’t reach the Envoy. Are you using the latest version of the DTH which polls data itself (based on the interval setting in the preferences) or are you using something else to do the polling? What does your “Recently” tab look like?

Are you using DHCP without address reservation for your Envoy and the IP address might have changed?

Version from the DTH: def version() {
return “1.4.2 (20170313)\n© 2016–2017 Andreas Amann”

Interval poling is set to 5 mins, no other poling used
Recent tab is showing this

I am using DHCP reservations, just checked my router and it’s still the same IP as what is in the ST App.

Here is a current screen shot, notice it’s now green vs. red from this morning. So it know about the generated power

Rick

If you like, I’m more than happy to merge the consumption changes I’ve made with v1.4.2 … shall I get moving on this and trial the newly merged version?

It either is not polling or can’t reach the Envoy. If you check in the IDE logs - do you see an entry every five minutes for the poll?

Sorry I haven’t gotten back to you yet - I’ve been support busy lately. I looked at it quickly and am not sure whether splitting into two devices is the best way to go (even apart from the device ID issue). The main tile’s color settings are kind of backwards for consumption (red for zero consumption, green for large consumption). Maybe keeping production/consumption/net all part of one device would make more sense?

You make valid points - I pondered this too.

It would be fantastic to be able to see production, consumption and the delta all in a since DTH instance. In saying this, if I wanted to run logic in my SmartThings system based off consumption and production, I’d still need to run two device handlers, wouldn’t I?

TBH, as an owner of a newer Envoy, ideally I’d like a power meter which outputs the surplus (production minus consumption) power I have available. Once I have this, I can then trigger my dishwasher and clothes dryer when there’s enough spare energy to cover them. I can do this now with my dual device set up, but admittedly it’s a bit clunky.

Thoughts?

No Sir nothing

Rick

This looks cool. I too have an Envoy. I know this is a noob question, but how do I install from the beginning? Just a link and I will too put in my input.

Are you using CoRE? If so, the triggers can act on custom properties and the is no need to have them be the default power value…

1 Like

The ReadMe on GitHub (initial link in this thread) has instructions on how to install.

Thanks for that. Will give it a go and report back

First thing. Link is to the code, not instructions.

Here is the proper link: https://github.com/ahndee/Envoy-ST

Working on install now.

Leo

Got this error right off the bat after cut n paste of code into IDE New app.

No signature of method: script14911526311041426445153.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script14911526311041426445153$_run_closure2) values: [script14911526311041426445153$_run_closure2@4ce35ec5] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), pullData(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)

My bad. Used “My Device handler” and the code copied worked. Working on next steps.

Created new device and added the handler to it. Launched my smartthings app and found the new Thing in My Home. No data yet. Will check it later today to see if any data shows up.

Leo

Did you enter the settings completely? You can also try to hit the “Refresh” button and check for messages in the IDE logging when you do so.

Try going to the settings and hitting done and check for messages in the IDE logging while doing so - it looks as if somehow your deviceID might have become disconnected.

When I go into setting and select Done, I get an error message that says to “Please fill out all data fields”

Everything is filled in properly, the only option I have is to select the back button to get out of the setting screen

Rick

I did. It keeps saying “Please fill out all required fields”

All are filled out when I click Done