[UNSUPPORTED] Enphase Envoy (local access)

Okay! It was that small (edit) I kept missing.

Thank you so much! That at least got it installed correctly. I’ll see if it pulls data. Once again, I really do appreciate the work you did on this!

1 Like

You probably should open the Settings for the device within the app and click “Save” in order to start the scheduler to pull data.

1 Like

Is there a way to prevent it from flooding my activity feed? Is there something I can just comment out?

I am trying to learn this setup and code, I have 40 panels with Envoy-IQ.
After setting up my developr account, and saving the code, I get this error. not sure how to fix it.

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script_app_metadata_30e64fab_9e22_4a4e_8169_0ea69266a373.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script_app_metadata_30e64fab_9e22_4a4e_8169_0ea69266a373$_run_closure2) values: [script_app_metadata_30e64fab_9e22_4a4e_8169_0ea69266a373$_run_closure2@285a7a83]
Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), pullData(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure) @line 39 (run)

Did you maybe create a new app rather than a new device type handler?

I did create the new app and copied and pasted the code from you, after making a few changes. I also, do not see the code in the android app of my apps.
Will create a DTH now.

Still do not see the my app, it is a blank area. after publishing.
FINALLY added the MAC address, and now see the app in my apps.
What do I do to get your DTH selected.

MY DEVICE:

So my Device Handler is the actual code, is that wrong?

It says “Type: Wattvision” so it doesn’t seem to use my DTH…

OK, so I have it working in the mobile app, someohow, now waiting for sunlight.

Thanks

So, the IP is a private IP, not public. IS the only way I can see the data, only when I am home.?

No. Since the hub is on the same local LAN as the Envoy it can access it regardless of where you are.

Good to know, I ordered a hub today, will be here Tuesday.

Appreciate your work, and assistance.

Tom

Think I still need help, I have the smarthub installed, and now i get this in the logs:

Logs

Clear

b42eac6b-6f1b-49f1-bef1-1f1f3dffe392 12:40:30 PM: info SHM getInitialData 0.023 (00) incidents:00, locationId:85f73be7-00f3-4818-b4de-4637488060e5

b42eac6b-6f1b-49f1-bef1-1f1f3dffe392 12:40:30 PM: debug summaryData: [[icon:indicator-dot-green, iconColor:#79b821, value:Everything OK, heroInfo:[heroStatus:ok, heroMessage:Everything OK]]] - [[icon:indicator-dot-green, heroInfo:[heroStatus:ok, heroMessage:Everything OK], value:Everything OK, iconColor:#79b821]]

MySmartApps has a default template, and the My Device Handlers has your code.

Is this correst. the IP is of my Envoy device.

preferences {
input(“confIpAddr”, “string”, title:“192.168.1.85”,
required: true, displayDuringSetup: true)
input(“confTcpPort”, “80”, title:“TCP Port”,
defaultValue:“80”, required: true, displayDuringSetup: true)
input(“confNumInverters”, “40”, title:“Number of Inverters/Panels”,
input(“pollingInterval”, “number”, title:“Polling Interval (min)”,
defaultValue:“5”, range: “2…59”, required: true, displayDuringSetup: true)
input(title: “”, description: “Inverter Size (W)\n\nRated maximum power in Watts for each inverter\n\nUse ‘225’ for M215 and ‘250’ for M250”, type: “paragraph”, element: “paragraph”, displayDuringSetup: true)
input(“confInverterSize”, “240”, title:"",
input(title: “”, description: “Panel Size (W)\n\nRated maximum power in Watts for each panel\n\nThis can be different than the maximum inverter power above”, type: “paragraph”, element: “paragraph”, displayDuringSetup: true)
input(“confPanelSize”, “240”, title:"",
input(title:"", description: “Version: ${version()}”, type: “paragraph”, element: “paragraph”)
}

Those logs don’t have anything to do with the Envoy DTH.

Did you edit the code to put your values in there? You are not supposed to alter the code in any way - you would enter the settings in the ST app (in the settings - cog icon) for the device. Changing the settings in the app will kick of the DTH to query your envoy. If you don’t do that. nothing will happen.

Andreas,

Took out the URL’s as it only lets me post 2 URLs
Under My Home on the Android, the ENVOY device is grey…
My portal see’s the device as ok
When I fill in the info in the Android APP, for the ENVOY like ip, size, TCP port of 80, and polling time, all is complete, but says Please fill in all, nothing else to fill in, so I cannot get past that
This is so complicated to me. so here is what I did ,loaded your code not modified into the DTH
Now this is my HOME HUB:

Edit

Home Hub

Name Home Hub
Hub ID 24FD5B0000046C32
Status ACTIVE

This is MY DEVICES:

ENVOY-Home Device ENVOY

Name ENVOY-Home
Label ENVOY
Type Enlighten Envoy (local)
Version Published
Device Network Id 00:1D:C0:68:82:97

This is MY DEVICE HANDLERS
Search:

Showing 1 to 1 of 1 entries

Last this is MY APPS, not sure why it is a template:

/**

• ENVOY-Home
  • Copyright 2018 Tom French
  • Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”); you may not use this file except
  • in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at:
  • Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed
  • on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
  • for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.

*/
definition(
name: “ENVOY-Home”,
namespace: “starlog1”,
author: “Tom French”,
description: “Enphase monitor”,

Yes - known and very old bug on Android. You should be able to fill in the preferences from the IDE and then back in the app just tap the settings gear icon and hit “Save”

OK tried that, filled in like so:

preferences {
input(“confIpAddr”, “string”, title:“192.168.1.85”,
input(“confTcpPort”, “number”, title:“80”,
defaultValue:“80”, required: true, displayDuringSetup: true)
input(“confNumInverters”, “number”, title:“40”,
input(“pollingInterval”, “number”, title:“Polling Interval (min)”,
defaultValue:“5”, range: “2…59”, required: true, displayDuringSetup: true)
input(title: “”, description: “Inverter Size (W)\n\nRated maximum power in Watts for each inverter\n\nUse ‘225’ for M215 and ‘250’ for M250”, type: “paragraph”, element: “paragraph”, displayDuringSetup: true)
input(“confInverterSize”, “250”, title:"",
input(title: “”, description: “Panel Size (W)\n\nRated maximum power in Watts for each panel\n\nThis can be different than the maximum inverter power above”, type: “paragraph”, element: “paragraph”, displayDuringSetup: true)
input(“confPanelSize”, “250”, title:"",
input(title:"", description: “Version: ${version()}”, type: “paragraph”, element: “paragraph”)
}

Then at the APP, The IP address, Number of PAnels, Inverter Size and Panel Size are still RED, with no numbers.

I know I am so close.

You’re still changing the code – don’t do that (also, you are just changing the titles, not the actual values so that doesn’t do you any good).

1. Use the code as-is, without any changes
  2. In the IDE, create a new device and assign the DTH to it
  3. In the IDE, select “My Devices” and then click the name of the new device you just set up
  4. Scroll down to the “Preferences” section and click the “Edit” text next to it
  5. Enter the correct values in the text fields and then hit “Save”
  6. In the SmartThings app, check the the Settings are now present and correct and click “Save”
  1. In the IDE, create a new device and assign the DTH to it
  2. In the IDE, select “My Devices” and then click the name of the new device you just set up
  3. Scroll down to the “Preferences” section and click the “Edit” text next to it <<<<<<<<< Where is preferences in the Android or ?
  4. Enter the correct values in the text fields and then hit “Save”

Still in the IDE

My definitions are bad, what is IDE?

is that the Android APP.?