[RELEASE] Enhanced ZooZ 4 in 1 Sensor (ZSE40 v1/v2/v3) Device Handler with Temperature, Humidity, Motion and Luminescence Sensor with Lux Reporting

Is this DH likely to work well with the new Monoprice 15902 “Z-wave Plus 4-in-1 Motion Sensor with Temperature, Humidity, and Light Sensors”? Seems like the same item under a new brand, and even looks the same.

Yes that is correct. Have verified the z wave specs and it will work. When
you do get it installed please send us the device fingerprint so we can add
it to the device handler.

edit - never mind, helps if the batteries that come with it aren’t dead.

zw:S type:0701 mfr:0109 prod:2021 model:2101 ver:5.01 zwv:4.05 lib:03 cc:5E,86,72,5A,85,59,73,80,71,31,70,84,7A,98 role:06 ff:8C07 ui:8C07

1 Like

Looks like someone beat me to it, but I have the same device type as above for the Monoprice 4-in-1:

zw:Ss type:0701 mfr:0109 prod:2021 model:2101 ver:5.01 zwv:4.05 lib:03 cc:5E,98 sec:86,72,5A,85,59,73,80,71,31,70,84,7A role:06 ff:8C07 ui:8C07

It recognized it immediately upon initiating the connection. But, I cannot get the motion detection to work, and also it will not refresh on demand by clicking the tile. Temp and humidity work great. Lux is so slow, I can’t tell if it’s working since it doesn’t refresh.

1 Like

Probably a few dumb questions, but does anyone know if the ZooZ device and this handler would be a good fit to trigger a bathroom fan based on humidity from the shower? I realize it’s a battery powered device so I’d be looking at potentially replacing the batteries often, but basically I’d like to trigger the fan switch if the humidity reaches a certain value and there is or has been motion, and then power it off after the humidity levels out.

Does motion trigger a refresh of the other sensors? Or do all of the sensors only update on a configurable schedule?

Any way to use CoRE to do something along the lines of forcing a refresh of the humidity sensor every 5-10 minutes for say 20 minutes after detecting motion?

Each sensor works independently of the other.
As pointed out in the first post you can configure it manually update every
X seconds (default is 3600 seconds) through the device settings page but irrespective of that it will push
an update when the configured threshold for each sensor is crossed. So you can’t use CoRE to force a refresh however you can configure the settings to force a refresh but note that changing this will impact your battery life significantly. So it’s best to leave it at the default and just configure the reporting threshold (say report humidity change reported every 5%).

Think that’d work for me. Thanks!

I figure this sensor would be ideal for a bathroom. My upstairs bathroom, for example, has a toilet, a tub with a light in the ceiling above it, a shower with a light in the ceiling above it, and a sink with a pair of wall sconces surrounding the mirror. Also, an electrically-operated skylight and a ceiling fan.
Set it up such that
A) any time humidity exceeds a threshold, the fan kicks on.
B) any time the room shows motion, the fan kicks on.
C) Any time the room shows motion below a certain luminescence level, the sconces light to a minimum “night light” type level; enough for people to see in the room, but not so bright that it disturbs their sleepiness should they need to use the room in the nighttime.
D) add an Echo Dot, for voice control of everything.

Dunno yet what I’d do about the skylight, or the lighting timeouts. Might have it such that, if there’s no motion and the room falls below a certain temperature, close the skylight.

1 Like

Is this sensor pretty fast? I currently have 3 GoControl motion sensors for my hallway light but they are too slow. I’m looking for something better for lights.

I’m referring to this: http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15902

Did you ever get to try the DH with the Monoprice 15902?

I use one for almost this exact same scenario. Humidity sensor kicks on the fan when the shower is running, motion turns on the lights and an Amazon Echo intent triggers a ‘nite-lite’ mode for subsequent motion once we’ve gone to bed and motion stops for the final time in the bathroom. Turning the lights on manually in the morning turns off the nite-lite mode. The only annoying factor is the delay in the lighting routine. It’s anywhere from almost instantly to 3+ seconds. I don’t believe this is a Zooz issue. Beyond that they work great.

It appears to be same device possibly without a logo.

Check our this review:

@Rboy, just signed up for your device handlers, thanks for your work! I’m also having trouble with the Monoprice 15902. Motion is not working. Any chance you will be looking into this? Anyone else having any luck with motion on the 15902?

Update on the monoprice sensor.

Removed and added it back again. This time motion and temperature worked, but nothing else. I don’t think it was using this DH.

Removed and added it back again, and this time it picked up this DH again (as with the first attempt). This time everything, including motion, appears to be working! I haven’t had a chance to check the accuracy of the various readings yet, but progress has been made.

1 Like

@RBoy

Since the Monoprice 4-n-1 also is said to work, would it be of any value to update the DHL name to “Universal” or ZooZ/Monoprice as you have done for other DHL’s you have created?

I just ordered a Monoprice sensor to play around with.

1 Like

Installed the DH from RB and it picked up the Monoprice one just fine. Everything seems to work it’s just slow as hell. Set it up in a small hallway as a motion sensor to turn on the light. I walked through the hallway and into the bedroom, looked back and then the light came on. Trying to figure out where I can use this with such a slow reaction time. Guess I’m just used to the Iris motion sensor.

1 Like

I’m using the Aeon Multisensor 6 and it’s working just fine… other than the manual poll, does this give me anything worthwhile?

Wait so the reaction time of this motion sensor is much slower then say the iris motion sensor? I bought 3 of these for specifically to motion the light switches with core.

Does this support the tamper switch/alert?

Not yet, wasn’t any need for it but can look into it.