[RELEASE] Enhanced ZooZ 4 in 1 Sensor (ZSE40 v1/v2/v3) Device Handler with Temperature, Humidity, Motion and Luminescence Sensor with Lux Reporting

How often does the vendor DTH report Humidity? Is that configurable?

You can set the humidity sensitivity in the settings. For e.g. you can set it to send a report when it changes by 10%

I was asking about the frequency of updates not soo much sensitivity

Z-Wave sensors like this one are push oriented. So they send updates when there is a change in the value sensor (you set the threshold, for humidity it’s 1% to 50%). This is done to save battery life.

In addition to reporting the value when it changes by the specified threshold, the device also wakes up every 12 hours to report the latest settings. The DTH provides a way to change this and manually set the poll frequency (as little as every 200 seconds) but it’s advised not to change the default settings as excessive polling will significantly reduce the battery life.

Enhanced ZooZ 4 in 1 Sensor (ZSE40) Device Type - Version 02.04.05

• Update for some new sensors reporting 80 lux/100% brightness when in darkness

Enhanced features:

• UNIQUE: Future proof automatic discovery/configuration of new firmware settings
  • UNIQUE: Synchronized no motion timeout for v3 sensors with v2 sensors (from 15 seconds to 255 minutes)
  • Ability for users to choose between reporting Light as Lux or % in settings
  • Support for ZSE40 v1/v2 and new v3 sensor firmware
  • Support for Mode 4, LED Flash only for Motion (none on Temperature change)
  • Support for Humidity correction offset
  • Reporting Tamper Alerts to ST platform
  • Custom wake up time
  • Automatic switching between F and C
  • Ability to select Primary Sensor to show in the ‘Things’ view

See the first post for a complete list of features.

So to update to this device handler version, we have to manually copy and paste the updated code over the old one?

Yes that’s correct and it’s only required if your sensor is exhibiting this issue. You can find step by step instructions here: http://www.rboyapps.com/InstallDH.htm

1 Like

Shoot!.. i thought it was a needed update related to recent HUB update. i was happy with the previous version… do you have an ARCHIVE section where you keep previous versions should i need to revert back?

The sensor issue could be related to the hub update since this started this week.
It’s not a problem if you updated even if you aren’t seeing the issue, it’ll work just fine.

I’m thinking of buying this sensor doe the humidity readings, is it working fine with smartthings? I have been reading a lot of people are having issues & there are a good few negative comments on Amazon. Is it worth it to try 1?

works good for me

1 Like

Enhanced ZooZ 4 in 1 Sensor (ZSE40) Device Type - Version 03.00.00

• Support for new ST app including dynamic sensor selection

Enhanced features

• UNIQUE: Future proof automatic discovery/configuration of new firmware settings
  • UNIQUE: Synchronized no motion timeout for v3 sensors with v2 sensors (from 15 seconds to 255 minutes)
  • Ability for users to choose between reporting Light as Lux or % in settings
  • Support for ZSE40 v1/v2 and new v3 sensor firmware
  • Support for Mode 4, LED Flash only for Motion (none on Temperature change)
  • Support for Temperature and Humidity correction offset
  • Reporting Tamper Alerts to ST platform
  • Custom wake up time
  • Automatic switching between F and C
  • Ability to select Primary Sensor to show on the dashboard

IMG_7133 IMG_7134 IMG_7130 IMG_7132

NOTES

• The UI changes can take 24 hours to take effect due to platform caching. One way to force the cache to clear is to change the device handler to a “Z-Wave Device” and then back to this device handler from the IDE, then sign out of the ST mobile app and sign back in.
  • This can take up to 12 hours after an initial pairing to communicate properly with the mesh. IT also helps to keep the sensor within 20ft of a buffering device/repeater for best performance and reliability.
1 Like

Does the icon show motion state no matter the chosen primary display? i.e. can i have the icon show motion/no motion but display humidity as the text?

Yes it does, it shows the icon motion/no-motion based on the motion sensor status + the selected primary sensor text. However there’s a bug in the current iOS app where is always shows the icon as motion active (it works correctly on Android) and once ST fixes that it should behave as expected.

1 Like

Is there an update further to this, it seems like I am stuck with Motion Detected-the unit works for all inditions but never detects motion unless you reset it and after that the samething. Have tried all the techniques presented here. I have the Monprice motion sensor 4x1

Hi @RBoy. I just set up my zoom 4in1 motion sensor with your dth. I’ve had it for about 2 weeks in my son’s room & today I discovered battery at 1%. I changes the battery & pressed the pin to update battery status & it still says 1%. Am I doing something wrong.

No, just wait 24 hours and try again. It may take time for the device to read the battery status. Also it helps to have a mains powered buffering device incase the packets aren’t reaching the hub which can verify from the device history page (if you don’t see any battery event reported it isn’t reaching the hub or the device hasn’t updated the level)

I was looking in history & saw everything but battery history.

@RBoy I changed the battery, put the sensor right next to the hub & it updated battery status. My house is small so I took my aeotec gen 5 siren & put it in the hallway to.act as a repeater. I’ll keep checking every so often to see what happens. Thanks for your help.

Enhanced ZooZ 4 in 1 Sensor (ZSE40) Device Type - Version 03.00.01

• Fix for some device settings Save button not working after SmartThings mobile app update
1 Like