[RELEASE] Enhanced ZooZ 4 in 1 Sensor (ZSE40 v1/v2/v3) Device Handler with Temperature, Humidity, Motion and Luminescence Sensor with Lux Reporting

Apologies. That’s correct, Main is the line to change and what you’ve done is absolutely correct. What did you mean by Motion is showed by did not cycle?

Try to kill the ST phone app and restart it.

###Enhanced ZooZ/Monoprice 4 in 1 Sensor (ZSE40/15902) Device Type - Version 02.02.03

• Updated color scheme to reflect the new ST recommendations
  • Automatically switch color schemes for C and F temperature scales

##Enhanced features:

• Ability for users to choose between reporting Light as Lux or % in settings
  • Support for ZSE40 v1/v2 and Monoprice 15902 devices
  • Support for Mode 4, LED Flash only for Motion (none on Temperature change)
  • Support for Humidity correction offset
  • Reporting Tamper Alerts to ST platform
  • Custom wake up time for ZSE40 v1/v2 devices

###See the first post for a complete list of features.

Can somebody tell me how to factory reset this sensor (and how to recognize it as factory reset?) I’m having issues with 1% battery reports, no matter what I do.

Remove the device, open it, and press the tamper button 10 times within 10 seconds. The light will most likely flash different colors or something after the 10th time you push it.

Are you trying to use the device with rechargeable batteries? Those rarely operate at the full 1.5v and might explain why it’s always showing 1%.

So apparently this device does not work properly with rechargeable
batteries. I’ll make sure to mention that in my review. Thank you for your
reply.

You may want to try using Li Ion batteries, they have a much better voltage discharge curve and last much longer than alkaline batteries.

E.g.

https://www.amazon.com/Energizer-Lithium-1-5V-Energy-Battery/dp/B001INHELQ

NOTE These are NOT rechargeable batteries, do NOT try to recharge them as they may explode if you do so. These are one use and throw like Alkaline batteries. See this post for more details on Li Ion vs Alkaline.

###Enhanced ZooZ/Monoprice 4 in 1 Sensor (ZSE40/15902) Device Type - Version 02.02.04

• Added validation for temperature sensitivity in preferences (required ST app version 2.4.0 or later)

##Enhanced features:

• Ability for users to choose between reporting Light as Lux or % in settings
  • Support for ZSE40 v1/v2 and Monoprice 15902 devices
  • Support for Mode 4, LED Flash only for Motion (none on Temperature change)
  • Support for Humidity correction offset
  • Reporting Tamper Alerts to ST platform
  • Custom wake up time for ZSE40 v1/v2 devices
  • Automatic switching between F and C

###See the first post for a complete list of features.

@cinghialino - Did you ever figure out the 1% battery issue? I had replace battery’s a few months ago (standard AAA Alkaline). The ZSE40 sensor is working great, however battery continues to report 1%.
This sensor seemed to work with the standard AAA batteries that came with it, and reported the battery level effectively, until they ran out and the sensor stopped communicating.

@dstevek I just stopped using rechargeable batteries. I know it sucks, but that’s my solution, as it appears that this device ca’t work properly with batteries that give 1.2v

1 Like

I’ve done the same thing.
This is what I have

main(["motion", "temperature", "humidity", "summary"])
    details(["summary", "temperature", "humidity", "illuminance", "battery", "configure", "tamper"])

Lines 155, 156. I have the same issue, it just shows the word MOTION now. but in the details, it shows no motion. I’ve restarted the IOS app. Maybe it will fix itself on next poll. I’m not home to reset it with a pin right now.

on a separate question, how do I get the tamper icon to reset. It orange, I assume that means “tampered” with.

Correct it’s reported by the device when it has been opened (or sometimes when reset). Just open and close the cover and it will reset the tamper notification.

Any ideas about why it still just says MOTION?

I got home, reset the motion sensor with paperclip. Still shows MOTON on the Smartthings things list when there is no motion. On a side note, I also have a “Monoprice and WAPIRZ-1 Motion and Temperature Sensor” using one of your device handlers. I did the same thing:

main(["motion", "temperature", "summary"])
    details(["summary", "temperature", "battery", "configure"])

It now does the same thing. Also the size of the text seems just a bit larger than the other motion sensors (not using your device handlers)

That means it isn’t communicating with the hub properly. Check the
batteries and do a z wave repair. Maybe bring it closer to the hub.

I tried a different device handler for both the zooz and the wapier. They both worked as expected. Weird

@rboy - Just a follow up. Using your device handler, I was unable to get it to use motion as the display in the things view by making this change:

main([“motion”, “temperature”, “humidity”, “summary”])

As someone else said, all this does is display the word “MOTION” all the time. The device itself still works and reports motion when you’re looking at the details, its just the things view that does this. I changed to another device handler and it worked as expected by showing motion or no motion.

The device is working and reporting to the hub. I think that there is more than just changing the one line of code. Like I said I also have an wapier motion sensor, and using your custom DTH for that sensor making the same change gives the same results…

Its not the end of the world, but I prefer motion sensors to show “motion” in the things view vs temp. Has anyone else had any success getting this DTH to show motion in the things view.

Did you ever get this DTH to properly display motion in the things view?

Ended up using this DTH:

Thanks, that’s the one I ended up going with as well. Seems to be working well. Only thing I noticed was that the led settings did not seem to be working, but honestly I have not really go into it too much. I have it set to NO LED, for motion or temp, but it still seems to be flashing. I’ll try a reset later.

Before I hardwired mines, I did notice that with this DTH, the battery seemed not to last that long…