[RELEASE] Enhanced ZooZ 4 in 1 Sensor (ZSE40 v1/v2/v3) Device Handler with Temperature, Humidity, Motion and Luminescence Sensor with Lux Reporting

You may have defective piece, just contact ZooZ and they’ will most likely replace it for you. They are super helpful. @TheSmartestHouse

Hi Dan,

The device may not fully configure if you’re getting 1% of battery life. We recommend performing a factory reset: open the cover of the sensor to trigger the tamper switch and then click the Z-Wave button 10 times very quickly with a paperclip. Try adding it to SmartThings again and then once it’s included, either leave it by the hub overnight or wake it up manually a couple of times within 5-minute intervals - just click the Z-Wave button once (the led indicator will flash once).

If the battery still doesn’t report correctly after that, please contact our customer service to have it replaced:

BTW, the Zooz sensor is still $29.95 on our website:

1 Like

Agreed. I have both Iris from last month’s Lowes sale and two of zooz from Monoprice, as well as motion PIR from monoprice.

The motion sensitivity of zooz is nowhere comparing to either Iris or monoprice own motion PIR, which also senses temperature.

But zooz comes with light sensor and that’s very helpful to the lighting indoor timing. I often need to turn the lights on when it’s raining outside.

###Enhanced ZooZ/Monoprice 4 in 1 Sensor (ZSE40/15902) Device Type - Version 2.2.0

• ENHANCED FEATURE - Added ability for users to choose between reporting Light as Lux or % in settings
  • Added ability for device to report tampering to SmartThings (as a Tamper Alert capability) when covering is opened/closed

A common complaint that folks have reported with this device is that it reports light as a % which isn’t helpful as most SmartApps and platform expects devices to report light as Lux. Now you have the option for the device to report the light levels in Lux, just change the settings in the device preference pages and the next time the device reports the light it will reflect the changes. If you want to test it immediately, use a pin to press the button in the hole at the bottom of the sensor.

1 Like

Just got a replacement Monoprice 4-N-1 yesterday, connected it today using the DHL, it works exactly like the ZooZ 4-N-1, Tamper alert works and changing the “main” line in the DHL allowed me to display Humidity or Motion to my liking.

I am noticing it is taking a while for the sensor to acclimate to my house temps and humidity.

@RBoy
An enhancement request to your DHL, can you allow us to skew/correction offset the Humidity as you do for Temperature? Also Can you provide linking to the icons library as you did for the Motion/Temp sensors you recently updated?
My last sensor was off on Humidity, but correct on Temperature.

1 Like

###Enhanced ZooZ/Monoprice 4 in 1 Sensor (ZSE40/15902) Device Type - Version 2.2.2

• ENHANCED FEATURE - Added ability for users to choose between reporting Light as Lux or % in settings
  • ENHANCED FEATURE - Added support for ZSE40 v2 devices and additional fingerprints
  • ENHANCED FEATURE - Added support for Mode 4, LED Flash only for Motion (none on Temperature change)
  • ENHANCED FEATURE - Added support for Humidity correction offset
  • Fixed issue with reporting Tamper Alerts to ST platform
  • Default wake up time is now 12 hours for ZSE40 v2 devices

A common request that folks have asked with this device is that it reports light as a % which isn’t helpful as most SmartApps and platform expects devices to report light as Lux. Now you have the option for the device to report the light levels in Lux, just change the settings in the device preference pages and the next time the device reports the light it will reflect the changes. If you want to test it immediately, use a pin to press the button in the hole at the bottom of the sensor.

Thanks to @TheSmartestHouse for providing the equipment to test the new hardware

2 Likes

thank you very much!!! :thumbsup:

1 Like

Sorry for being slightly off topic, but I can’t seem to get my ZSE40 to be recognized as this DH. It always gets recognized during the pairing process as the default zwave motion sensor. I see the DH in my DH list in the IDE but it doesn’t seem to have any effect. What am I doing wrong?

Did you publish it? You can always change it manually after pairing from
the IDE by editing the device properties.

Well I think the problem has to do with my account setup. In the IDE I see no hub nor any devices, yet I login with the same credentials as I do my mobile app. However if I click on locations it wants me to login again and then I see my hub and devices. I do not know why this is but i believe if on this set of pages (slightly different URL… Plain versus eastus or something) if I then SRT up my device handlers I should be all set.

I’m a recent converter from openHAB so I’m still getting a little used to things.

Sounds like you’re logging into the wrong shard.

2 Likes

Correct that’s the right way to get your ‘shard’. We have also included that in the installation instructions.

1 Like

Yes, that was it. Once I straightened this out everything else seemed to fall into place. Thanks!

1 Like

@RBoy, what do I need to do in order to change whats displayed on the things page or main page? It defaults to temperature but I want it to be motion. I changed line 144:

main([“temperature”, “motion”, “humidity”, “summary”])

to

main([“motion”, “temperature”, “humidity”, “summary”])

But the results was that it just had MOTION but would not cycle. Also would rather have the motion displayed like the default motion icon that is commonly used in ST.

I am not a coder but you see I did try. :slight_smile:

valueTile("motion", "device.motion", width: 2, height: 2, inactiveLabel: false) {
        state "active", label:'motion', icon:"st.motion.motion.active", backgroundColor:"#53a7c0"
        state "inactive", label:'no motion', icon:"st.motion.motion.inactive", backgroundColor:"#ffffff"
    }
    standardTile("configure", "device.configure", width: 2, height: 2, inactiveLabel: false, decoration: "flat") {
		state "default", label:'Request update', action:"configure"
	}
	standardTile("tamper", "device.tamper", width: 2, height: 2) {
		state("detected", label:'TAMPER', backgroundColor:"#FF0000")
		state("clear", label:'', backgroundColor:"#FFFFFF")
	}

main(["temperature", "motion", "humidity", "summary"])
    details(["summary", "temperature", "humidity", "illuminance", "battery", "configure", "tamper"])

No such line before main on Line 144

Apologies. That’s correct, Main is the line to change and what you’ve done is absolutely correct. What did you mean by Motion is showed by did not cycle?

Try to kill the ST phone app and restart it.

###Enhanced ZooZ/Monoprice 4 in 1 Sensor (ZSE40/15902) Device Type - Version 02.02.03

• Updated color scheme to reflect the new ST recommendations
  • Automatically switch color schemes for C and F temperature scales

##Enhanced features:

• Ability for users to choose between reporting Light as Lux or % in settings
  • Support for ZSE40 v1/v2 and Monoprice 15902 devices
  • Support for Mode 4, LED Flash only for Motion (none on Temperature change)
  • Support for Humidity correction offset
  • Reporting Tamper Alerts to ST platform
  • Custom wake up time for ZSE40 v1/v2 devices

###See the first post for a complete list of features.

Can somebody tell me how to factory reset this sensor (and how to recognize it as factory reset?) I’m having issues with 1% battery reports, no matter what I do.

Remove the device, open it, and press the tamper button 10 times within 10 seconds. The light will most likely flash different colors or something after the 10th time you push it.

Are you trying to use the device with rechargeable batteries? Those rarely operate at the full 1.5v and might explain why it’s always showing 1%.