This Device Handler is for the ZooZ 4 in 1 Sensor (ZSE40) with Temperature, Motion, Luminescence and Humidity sensor and the generic version from Monoprice 15902. There are a few versions of this floating around the forum, we've written this handler from ground up on request from a few folks since the existing ones had some issues. Key features of his device handler include:
The device can be bought from Amazon for about $37 (prime) here:
It can also be bought from TheSmartestHouse for about $32 (plus shipping) here: http://www.thesmartesthouse.com/products/zooz-z-wave-plus-4-in-1-sensor-zse40
The generic Monoprice version can be bought for about $40 (usually free shipping) here:
- Reading the following sensors
- Designed UI using the latest ST multiTiles with a clean view
- Ability to configure the following parameters:
- Motion timeout
- Temperature sensitivity
- Temperature correction (offset)
- Motion sensitivity
- Light sensitivity
- Humidity sensitivity
- LED configuration
- Ability to configure a polling schedule to get sensor updates
- It automatically sets the temperature units (F/C) on the device based on your hub configuration
- Option to choose been reporting light as
Lux or '%'
- Support for v1 and v2 hub fingerprinting for easy identification
- Ability to request a manual update for the sensors and configuration (this is a delayed update at the next wake up)
- Easy to use configuration page with detailed explanations for all the parameters
- Reporting device tampering to SmartThings (as a tamper device capability)
Ideally install the Device Handler BEFORE pairing the device for easy setup.
- After the configuration/preferences are updated, for the settings to take effect immediate, press the Z-Wave button with a pin (tiny hole at the bottom of of the sensor)
- To request the manual update, please press the "Request Update" button, however this is a DELAYED update. The motion sensor is mostly in sleep mode to preserve battery. The next time it wakes up (every 4 hours or as configured), if the user had requested a manual update, it will fetch the latest sensor status, battery and also update the configuration.
- To force an immediate update for all configured settings, press the "Request Update" button and then press the Z-Wave button with a pin (tiny hole at the bottom of of the sensor). This forces the motion sensor to wake up and process the manual update request.
- To force a sensor/battery status update just press the Z-Wave button with a pin (tiny hole at the bottom of of the sensor)
Low Battery: If your battery below 35% consider replacing it. The device will stop sending updates if the battery falls below this level. So you won't know if you battery has run out, the motion/no motion sensors / temperature sensor may get stuck as well and you may receive no updates.
More features to added, if you have any suggestions or ideas please feel free to ask and we'll try to add it.
INCLUSION INSTRUCTIONS: It is recommended to install the Device Handler BEFORE paring the device for easier setup. To pair the device, Select Add New Device from the MarketPlace on your ST phone app. Then press and release the Z-Wave button with a pin (tiny hole at the bottom of of the sensor) TWICE quickly
EXCLUSION INSTRUCTIONS: If you deleted the device without excluding it won't pair up again until you exclude it.
- Set the hub into exclude mode (log into the IDE -> My Hub -> View Utilities -> Z-Wave Exclude.
- Press and release the Z-Wave button with a pin (tiny hole at the bottom of of the sensor) TWICE quickly
FACTORY RESET: Remove the cover and press and release the Z-Wave button with a pin (tiny hole at the bottom of of the sensor) 10 times within 10 seconds.
This device type handler is available on the RBoy Apps Server, http://smartthings.rboyapps.com. Refer to our website or facebook page below to get access to the server.
If you like the Apps consider supporting our development efforts. Visit our Facebook page for updates on new apps and to get Access to ALL our Premium Apps and Server. http://www.facebook.com/RBoySTApps