[EDGE] Enhanced ZigBee Keypad Driver - Centralite, UEI, IRIS, Xfinity, Scout, frient

I’ve been looking for a second keypad, but now I haven’t been able to find anything. When is the new centralite keypad coming out, and how much are they selling it for?

Wow! Thanks for the side by side comparison. I was mistaken. So you’d recommend the XHK keypad? Gotcha. I’ll forward to my friend and when I’m ready I’ll get it myself.

One of the most common questions we receive from users is around mounting the keypad in an outdoor enclosure in extreme weather to keep it safe from the elements.

Each keypad behaves differently in the enclosure. We do NOT recommend using the IRIS v3 (IL021) with an enclosure since it seems to constantly trigger the motion sensor. However in out tests the other keypads (IRIS v2, Xfinity XHK1, Xfinity Centratlite and Centralite Retail) do reasonable well with outdoor coverings. Do keep in mind that when using a covering it may interfere with the motion sensor and accuracy of the temperature sensor.

Here is an examples of a simple gang box covering with a clear lid that can be used as a keypad covering for outside for about $8

2 Likes

Thanks for the post!
Do you know any keypads that have the CE mark so it may be shipped to Europe?

Zigbee is international so it’s a bit odd none of these devices are available with a CE mark.

Just got my xhk1-ue (thanks for the link) and my subscription to http://rboyapps.com/ and everything is working GREAT within 10 mins!! Now I just have to find a weatherproof housing that fits (It a little to big for the one posted…) any ideas??

1 Like

I feel it’s worth mentioning since it doesn’t seem to be said at all here and you won’t find out until you try to install this device handler - this DH is not free.

Currently it’s $40 USD for lifetime access (to all of their other apps as well including those mentioned here). Just something to be aware of before you go out and start buying keypads :slight_smile:

You pretty much have to get them from eBay. None of these keypads are produced anymore. I can’t recall the last time anyone mentioned they got a bad keypad from eBay. Mine was a UEI for $20. It looked new and works great. I’ve had it for about a year now.

Enhanced ZigBee Keypad Lock - Version 01.10.00

• Added support for the Scout keypad
    • A small touch screen keypad (see first post for comparative details).
    • Uses 2 x CR123A batteries
    • Has two arming modes, Lock (away) and Sleep (Stay).
    • Does not have a panic button or a built in alarm or chime
    • Does have a tamper notification and proximity (motion) sensor
    • Has very interesting feature where you can set it to lock/arm without a user pin (i.e. one touch direct arming) or with a user pin. This setting can be changed from the device settings page

@Madpup the Scout keypad can be bought from Scout or from Amazon for about $50

That looks pretty sweet, although I do wish it had an alarm. I assume it is restricted to 4 digits like the others, right?

Care to comment on the overall usability compared to the others?

You can see the comparative feature tables and picture comparing it to other keypads at the bottom of the first post.

Two striking things about the keypad, it’s has a very sensitive touch panel which makes it super sleek and it much smaller compared to the other keypads. It’s as thick as the IRIS v3 but half the height/width - comparative picture in the first post.

The really nice feature we liked about this keypad was the option to enable/disable the user pin for locking the keypad (Arming). This opens up options for how you want to use it, place it somewhere for a quick arm or place it outside and enable the 4 digit user pin.

Thank you for adding the support for the Scout keypad. I did not end up buying one because it did not have the ability to beep.

I found a web site that sells new Centralite key pads here (https://www.gokeyless.com/product/centralite-3400-g/). The big reason I want a keypad is for the beeping when a door is opened and the alarm is still armed. I can’t tell you how many times the alarm has been set off because someone forgets to disarm it. I tried using the detailed notifications setting with echo devices but that was too much (the 60 second exit delay would cause all the echo’s in the house and barn to go crazy with the countdown).

GoKeyless was really good. I placed an order for two Centralite keypads and they both arrived 2 days later. Now I just have to set them up and hopefully will have beeping if someone opens a door and the alarm is armed.

For those looking for a more sophisticated keypad, check out the Ring Keypad for SmartThings. This is a very sleek and feature rich Z-Wave keypad. You can find more details about it here:

Man do I wish someone would come out with a water resistant keypad. ARGH

1 Like

Some thoughts about weather tolerance:

1. Many users are using a protective case like this one with they keypads. You can get them in different sizes from your local hardware store.
  2. For testing purposes we’ve mounted a UEI XKH (Xfinity) keypad outside the building. The only protection has been that it’s about 2 inches from the corner edge and has a short 6 inch ledge about 6ft above. It’s been working great for about 3 years now, we just replaced the batteries last month. We’ve had a few users email us with their experiences with the same keypad and one of them has it exposed to direct run/rain and it’s been working fine for her.

That case definitely does not pass the WAF :slight_smile:

Sorry if this was asked already. I swear I didn’t see it.

Is there a way to program the A or B buttons on the UEI keypads to do anything?

Hi there. These buttons aren’t used by the UEI keypad. If you’re looking for custom buttons (the UEI has away, stay, night, disarm actions), then I would recommend looking in at the Ring keypad which has 3 “emergency” buttons available. You can use the new SmartThings app to assign an action for each of these buttons.

Are you sure the XF XHK1 doesn’t have motion detection?! Your post seems to contradict itself. The picture of the feature matrix says no but the image of the front end in Smart Things shows it does?

Hi there. The XHK1 doesn’t report motion sensor activity reliably so the table is correct (thank you for letting us know, we’ve fixed the image). Also please note that the it’s more of a proximity sensor (it activates if you’re within a few inches of the keypad). You can use it to detect if someone is operating the keypad and is different from tamper feature which indicates that someone has removed the keypad from its mount. You can use this feature to notify you if someone approaches the keypad while your system is armed (e.g. based on the STHM mode or the hub mode depending on your setup) with the help of the SmartThings Automation tool or an app like this one: [RELEASE] Door Chimes and Notifications for Doorbells and Sensors

1 Like

@RBoy , is there any Zwave Keypad your recommend/support?

I love your apps, and would love to use a zwave keypad for my garage door.

My whole house is zwave, hence the strong preference over zigbee

1 Like