[EDGE] Enhanced ZigBee Keypad Driver - Centralite, UEI, IRIS, Xfinity, Scout, frient

You can see the comparative feature tables and picture comparing it to other keypads at the bottom of the first post.

Two striking things about the keypad, it’s has a very sensitive touch panel which makes it super sleek and it much smaller compared to the other keypads. It’s as thick as the IRIS v3 but half the height/width - comparative picture in the first post.

The really nice feature we liked about this keypad was the option to enable/disable the user pin for locking the keypad (Arming). This opens up options for how you want to use it, place it somewhere for a quick arm or place it outside and enable the 4 digit user pin.

Thank you for adding the support for the Scout keypad. I did not end up buying one because it did not have the ability to beep.

I found a web site that sells new Centralite key pads here (https://www.gokeyless.com/product/centralite-3400-g/). The big reason I want a keypad is for the beeping when a door is opened and the alarm is still armed. I can’t tell you how many times the alarm has been set off because someone forgets to disarm it. I tried using the detailed notifications setting with echo devices but that was too much (the 60 second exit delay would cause all the echo’s in the house and barn to go crazy with the countdown).

GoKeyless was really good. I placed an order for two Centralite keypads and they both arrived 2 days later. Now I just have to set them up and hopefully will have beeping if someone opens a door and the alarm is armed.

For those looking for a more sophisticated keypad, check out the Ring Keypad for SmartThings. This is a very sleek and feature rich Z-Wave keypad. You can find more details about it here:

Man do I wish someone would come out with a water resistant keypad. ARGH

1 Like

Some thoughts about weather tolerance:

1. Many users are using a protective case like this one with they keypads. You can get them in different sizes from your local hardware store.
  2. For testing purposes we’ve mounted a UEI XKH (Xfinity) keypad outside the building. The only protection has been that it’s about 2 inches from the corner edge and has a short 6 inch ledge about 6ft above. It’s been working great for about 3 years now, we just replaced the batteries last month. We’ve had a few users email us with their experiences with the same keypad and one of them has it exposed to direct run/rain and it’s been working fine for her.

That case definitely does not pass the WAF :slight_smile:

Sorry if this was asked already. I swear I didn’t see it.

Is there a way to program the A or B buttons on the UEI keypads to do anything?

Hi there. These buttons aren’t used by the UEI keypad. If you’re looking for custom buttons (the UEI has away, stay, night, disarm actions), then I would recommend looking in at the Ring keypad which has 3 “emergency” buttons available. You can use the new SmartThings app to assign an action for each of these buttons.

Are you sure the XF XHK1 doesn’t have motion detection?! Your post seems to contradict itself. The picture of the feature matrix says no but the image of the front end in Smart Things shows it does?

Hi there. The XHK1 doesn’t report motion sensor activity reliably so the table is correct (thank you for letting us know, we’ve fixed the image). Also please note that the it’s more of a proximity sensor (it activates if you’re within a few inches of the keypad). You can use it to detect if someone is operating the keypad and is different from tamper feature which indicates that someone has removed the keypad from its mount. You can use this feature to notify you if someone approaches the keypad while your system is armed (e.g. based on the STHM mode or the hub mode depending on your setup) with the help of the SmartThings Automation tool or an app like this one: [RELEASE] Door Chimes and Notifications for Doorbells and Sensors

1 Like

@RBoy , is there any Zwave Keypad your recommend/support?

I love your apps, and would love to use a zwave keypad for my garage door.

My whole house is zwave, hence the strong preference over zigbee

1 Like

Ring Gen 2

Does anyone have experience with this keypad in temperatures below 32 degrees F? The specs obviously say that is the low end of the temperature range (it’s an indoor keypad) but have others had success using this outside in northern climate winters (-20 sometimes!). Is it a matter of it breaking, or simply not working “temporarily” due to the cold temps?

Any chance you could re-take the same picture and add the ring keypads next to them?
It would be helpful to decide which one to buy, to have 1 picture with all of them :blush:

Ring alarm keypads are zwave, not zigbee.

Enhanced ZigBee Keypad Driver - v240315

• (New) SmartThings edge driver for Zigbee security keypads
  • (New) Direct arming/disarming with Home Monitor
  • (New) Program user codes via Smart Lock Guest Access (SLGA) or Advanced Web UI
  • (New) Use as a custom actions keypad to trigger custom automation for each user code (up to 999 unique codes), separately for locking, unlocking, arm away, arm stay and disarm
  • (New) View programmed user names/codes
  • Other features include:
  1. Selectable operating modes (enable/disable integration with Home Monitor)
    • Security keypad + Virtual lock with programmable codes
    • Virtual lock with programmable codes
  2. Work as a keypad lock in SmartThings
    • Set/use 4 digit codes
    • View programmed user names/codes
    • Enable/disable keypad
    • Enable/disable auto lock
    • Lock and unlock using user codes
    • Invalid code notifications
    • Direct arming (arm directly with buttons without user code)
    • Detect Main/Battery power
    • Battery level
  3. Two way sync with Home Monitor (arm/disarm) with supported models
  4. Read the following sensors
    • Temperature (auto convert to F or C depending upon your location)
    • Motion
    • Battery (new battery calibration algorithm)
      • Centralite/Iris v2/Xfinity keypad support for CR123A Lithium batteries
      • UEI/Xfinity/Iris v3 support for AA Lithium, Alkaline, NiMH/NiCD batteries
    • Tamper
  5. Use with Automations
    • Door bell
    • Security mode
    • Lock state
    • User code/name specific actions separately for arming away/arming stay/disarming/locking/unlocking
    • Panic alarm (supported models)
    • Invalid code, lock/unlock action type (remote, keypad) custom actions
    • Temperature
    • Motion sensor
    • Battery levels
    • Power source
    • Hardware failure notifications
  6. Use as a Tone capability device (beep/chime)
  7. Use as a Siren/Alarm capability device (supported models)
  8. Locate keypad using a beep(s)
  9. Beeping for entry/exit delays
  10. Ability to configure the following parameters:
    • Entry delay
    • Exit delay
    • Home Monitor integration
    • Default arming mode
    • One touch arming
    • Number of rings/chimes
    • Auto lock delay
    • Temperature sensitivity (0.1° - 2.0°)
    • Temperature offset (for correcting the temperature reported by the sensor)
    • Motion inactivity timeout
    • Select AA battery type for supported models

IMG_7027 IMG_7028 IMG_7029

Security Keypad + Virtual Lock (with programmable codes)

image image

Virtual Lock (with programmable codes)

image image

Other Features

image image image image image image image

Automation Features

image image

Please make sure that your device is within 20ft of a buffering device/repeater for best performance and reliability.

NOTES

• This version of the enhanced driver is only available via the new platform Drivers license (refer to website for details). If you have an active subscription, the new driver will be automatically pushed to your hub within 24 hours
  • See the first post for a full list of available features
  • The latest SmartThings iOS mobile app now cuts off the text after the second line so not all user codes are visible. See the FAQ page for details on how to view the programmed codes
3 Likes

Edge drivers for the Xfinity keypads are back???!! Oh how I have missed you!!! Now I just have to try and make this work, IDK why but these drivers got me all confused-STILL!

Sounds like you might find the community FAQ on edge drivers helpful:

FAQ: I have no idea what Edge is. Is that a new developer tool? (2022)

I moved about 100 posts out of this thread into a thread discussing the old groovy DTH version because they also included lots of references to groovy smartapps which are no longer available, and which I’m sure would be very confusing for many people just looking for current code.

In the future, I suggest starting a new thread for new edge driver releases rather than tacking stuff onto the end of existing DTH threads. You can always add a post at the end of the DTH thread (or a note to the first post, if you were the originator of the thread) with a link to the new edge driver topic. :sunglasses:

Enhanced ZigBee Keypad Driver - v240321

• (New) Support for frient Intelligent keypad
    • Upto 999 programmable slots
    • 1 to 20 digit user codes (via SLGA or Web app)
    • Program RFID fob’s (ISO14443A and MIFARE classic) via SLGA or Web app
    • Entry/exit delays
    • LED Strobe
    • SOS panic button
    • Use as virtual lock/unlock and/or security keypad
    • Home Monitor integration with two way sync
  • (Enhance) Improved support for SmartThings Home Monitor integration
  • (Enhance) Improved support for entry/exit delay sounds

Please make sure that your device is within 20ft of a buffering device/repeater for best performance and reliability.

NOTES

• This version of the enhanced driver is only available via the new platform Drivers license (refer to website for details). If you have an active subscription, the new driver will be automatically pushed to your hub within 24 hours
  • See the first post for a full list of available features
  • The latest SmartThings mobile app now cuts off the text after the second line so not all user codes are visible. See the FAQ page for details on how to view the programmed codes
1 Like