I have just received a new Ring Alarm Keypad (2nd Gen), but can’t get my SmartThings system to recognize any Ring keypad entries made for arming and disarming my Smart Home Monitor.
- I have been using RBoys Lock User Management for some time now, along with your Zigbee device handler for an older Iris keypad to manage SHM and two Schlage locks. I have 8 permanent users configured.
- I successfully installed the RBoys Enhanced Z-Wave Keypad Lock Device Handler
- Updated the RBoys Lock User Management app to your current version.
- Successfully paired the Ring Alarm Keypad with my SmartThings system.
- Added the new Ring keypad to the LUM Select Locks screen.
- I note in the SmartThings App Notifications that Lock User Management is requesting that the Ring Alarm Keypad add all 8 of my LUM users and there is a confirmation notification that each has been added successfully.
At this point, I can see the device in the SmartThings App and from the App can press the Lock/Unlock button in the Ring Alarm Keypad device screen and see (and hear) the Ring keypad’s locked and unlocked buttons change, but the status of my SHM does not change (from Armed/Home to Disarmed, etc.).
When I attempt to arm the SHM from the Ring Keypad using a known LUM Pin and pressing the Armed/Amay button, nothing happens, and the Ring Alarm Keypad “Recently” screen in the phone app records nothing.
Oddly enough, I have an older Iris Keypad that I have been using with Lock User Management. If I arm the SHM from that Iris keypad, the Ring keypad goes into countdown mode and after 30 seconds the SHM goes into Armed/Away mode and all other actions for that mode are executed.
Why doesn’t the keypad on the Ring Keypad work?