[RELEASE] Enhanced Z-Wave Plus Thermostat Device Handler - Honeywell, GoControl, CT, Linear, Trane, MCO, Remotec

There is a bug in routines, if the current mode matches the mode that the routines is trying to set it doesn’t execute any actions after that mode is supposed to change. I’ve reported it to ST and they’ve acknowledged it and are looking into it. You may want to it to report it also

1 Like

The thing is the Mode before was “Home” and it didn’t even switch to “Night” (but armed SHM to Stay), do you think this is the same issue?
What’s the best way to report an issue to ST? Via the forum?

There is also a known bug when it comes to timed events not working properly, I have routines that work fine one day and not the next and different routines will not work instead. I would say that every day I have at least 1 random timed event not work, even though manually triggering the event (if it is a routine) works perfectly. I know ST has acknowledged the issue and is supposed to be working on a fix although I grow tired of having this issue since I feel it is part of the core functionality.

I believe he best way to open a ticket is email to support@smartthings.com.

I actually removed the “Lock Door” from the Routine, and it seems that now my Thermostat is finally set… but the Mode remains on Home, it’s not changed to Night…
I sent an email to support, with a copy of the logs…

EDIT: I tried to set the Night Routine to set the system to a Different mode and it worked…then I set my Night routine to switch to Night Mode (as it was before) and it works now… Go figure.

Sorry this is Off Topic now!

Are you using IOS, does this device handler work to change the setpoint using rules? It seems that it works fine to set thermostat mode(off, heat,cool) but setting the heating setpoint it doesn’t seem to work. The sliders and toggles work fine but if Rule Machine tries to change the setpoint the device doesn’t do anything.

I’ve had this problem with many different device handlers for the CT100/101 and the creator from Rule Machine says the device handler doesn’t use the “standard” coding protocol for changing some of those things so the commands aren’t getting properly handled.

ideas?

I use Android so not sure about IOS, I also have not tried to set the temp directly via rules but I intend to use my Amazon Echo once it is supported so I may run into that issue then. I will look into that and see if there is any update I can make to allow that.

What thermostat are you using? I have the Honeywell 8320 using a custom ct100 device handler… Alexa sees it with no problem.

1 Like

I am using a CT100 thermostat, I will do some looking to see if it will work since honestly I have not tried since I read only the Ecobee support was added.

When you say you are using a custom CT100 device handler would you mind sharing which one? I am still using the modified CT100 one that I created with RBoy’s customizations added so that may be part of the issue, if there really is an issue.

We’re probably using the same one. But, if it integrates with ST it should work just fine. Just make sure you authorize it on the Amazon app in ST.

I’ll have to figure out where I got mine. You could always just use the stock st Zwave thermostat dh.

That is really where my issue is I believe, the device does not show up in the Echo app in ST to authorize it. My guess is that the device type I am using doesn’t have the code necessary for the device to be allowed to be authorized by the app. It could also be that when the CT100 joins the network it does not report the capability necessary to be supported in the Echo app. I did notice that Amazon also recently announced support for the Sensi thermostat as well, hopefully more are to follow.

Make sure you look in the echo app under thermostats …my CT30’s and my Nest are all recognized

Not quite sure what you are saying. The Amazon Echo app in ST doesn’t show the CT100 as a device I can authorize and the Amazon Echo app itself also does not say anything about my CT100 (presumably because ST is not publishing that device). In the “Connected Home” portion of the Settings in the Amazon Echo app I can see a where I can link to an Ecobee or a Sensi thermostat but I see nothing about my CT100. I would think since the CT100 is z-wave it would need to be reported through ST which is just not happening since it does not give me the option.

In the ST app, there is a separate section for “My Thermostats”…it comes after “My Switches”…as long as ST sees your CT100 as a thermostat, it should show up there. Can you choose your CT100 in other rules, routines, etc?

1 Like

@motley

Are you scrolling all of the way down in the ST Amazon echo smart app? This is below the switches section.

I didn’t see it the first couple of times I was setting it up.

Thanks @mterrace and @bamarayne, I was not scrolling down far enough to see that section, likely because there seems to be an issue with scrolling in the app, sometimes you scroll and it acts like it is at the bottom when it is not. I have noticed this on my “Things” list where I have to wait a few seconds after opening that list before I can actually scroll to the bottom, I suspect I was not giving that screen enough time so I thought I was at the bottom when I really wasn’t.

At any rate I was able to enable my CT100 and the Echo can now see and control it, thanks again for your tips.

2 Likes

No problem! Glad you found it! I actually found mine on accident…lol

Your welcome! Glad it’s working.

##Version 2.3.0
Many significant updates and new features:

• Added support for CT30,CT-32,CT-50,CT-80,CT-100,CT-101,CT110 to configure
    • Temperature swing
    • Temperature Change Reporting threshold
      These can be configured through the device preferences (… button on top right -> Edit). Once saved the preferences will be automatically updated on the thermostat
  • Added support for ZTS-110 to configure
    • Temperature swing
    • Temperature Change Reporting threshold
    • Temperate Calibration
      These can be configured through the device preferences (… button on top right -> Edit). Once saved the preferences will be automatically updated on the thermostat

###NOTE: This update also allows uses of CT-XXX thermostat to fix a factory bug. The CT-XXX series thermostats, when manufactured, the factory settings for the Temperature Change Reporting threshold is often corrupted or disabled. A typical symptom of this issue is the thermostat doesn’t report the temperature change to ST or reports it too late. This can be fixed/corrected with this custom thermostat device handler that allows you to configure this parameter.

2 Likes

About the temperature change threshold: do you do that setting parameter 1 of the configuration, like zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [1], parameterNumber: 1, size: 1) ?

I did that some time ago, as indeed that configuration value was returning strange numbers out of the 0-4 supported range; but I didn’t notice any difference in reporting.

Yes that was part of the issue which took a very long time to debug, after talking to the company support folks we realized that one needs to filter out the data to keep only the relevant bits as it was sending in junk data for the rest. also the parameter is sometimes corrupted coming out of the factory or when it’s reset to defaults, which in some cases have seen it revert to 0 (i.e. do not report changes).
Also note this parameter has an impact on the battery life (reporting too often)