[RELEASE] Enhanced Z-Wave Plus Thermostat Device Handler - Honeywell, GoControl, CT, Linear, Trane, MCO, Remotec

The 30 minute cold reboot seems to have worked. Something worked, because it’s working correctly now.

It may have something to do with the new hub firmware. One of the thermostats in our lab stopped communicating. We had to exclude it and re pair it for it to start working again. The other option is the 30 min cold reboot.

@RBoy : I have a ct-50 radio thermostat and one side I have the wifi module. The second side I just received the z-wave module. Inserted the module and now both modules are showing (r1 / r2). I select the 2nd module r2 which is the z-wave, click link (or the wording below the tower) and “link” begins to flash. I attempt to +add a thing and it does not see the z-wave, add manually also does not seem to be working. Is there something that I am missing? I unplugged the 12V power and reset the wifi, no issues.

This issue being reported across the board for beaming devices (e.g. Locks
and Thermostats). Please report it to ST support. If enough folks report it
they will investigate it otherwise they are writing it off as local issues.
My suspicion is it’s related to the hub firmware update.

The only reliable solution for now is to exclude the device and pair it
again.

@Aaron FYI. I just sent you an eMail also.

Try rebooting the hub and then try it. It can get funk sometimes and take a
few tries to pair. We are seeing the same issue after the hub firmware
update last week. But it eventually worked after a few tries.
Also try to exclude the device first. Often that really helps. So what we
did was try to pair. Reboot hub. Exclude device and then try to pair again.
To exclude the device put the hub in exclusion mode and then hit the link /
mate label and you should see an exclude message on the ST app. Then try to
pair it

Some ZWave USNAP modules are problematic and can bring down the mesh network. See here.

You have to turn the thermostat on a certain way to avoid the problem. I just replaced it outright with a ecobee.

Super recommendation to reboot the hub. I rebooted, went into exclusion (immediately found the device), went to pair and also instantly worked. My guess is it could of worked w/o the exclusion but anyway it did no harm. Thanks again for the info!

1 Like

You’re welcome.
Do let ST support know your experience. They don’t seem to believe that
rebooting a hub makes it behave better when pairing and excluding devices.

Hello, All.

I am going to assume I am a dork and just can’t find the link to the most up to date CT-100 code for a control without the sliders (horrible for fat fingers!.) If someone can provide a link to the latest and greatest good code for an upgraded experience for the CT-100 I’d be very appreciative!

Thanks,
Todd

Click on Device Handlers and you’ll see the links there. Do note you’ll have to subscribe to the RBoy apps server to get access to the latest code. (See the Getting Access) link on the website.

Has anyone reported issues using this device handler with a CT-100 thermostat and trying to utilize Auto mode?

Auto mode will trigger cooling when coolingSetpoint < device.temperature, but will not trigger heating when heatingSetpoint > device.temperature.

I’ve poured over the code for a good amount of time and cannot find any reason this should not work. Auto mode works if I use the factory Z-Wave Thermostat template and make the changes found at the beginning of this thread.

Additionally, the icons for the battery and humidity tile are not showing. Not sure what to make of this either.

Forgive me if these questions have been answered. I fell asleep reading through this thread last night :slight_smile:

It’s a bug with the thermostat firmware. Try this. On the thermostat cycle
through the modes until you’re in Auto again and it’ll start working.

This happens sometimes when the mode is manually changed through ST and
then brought back to Auto. It will eventually start working but take time
to kick in a quick fix is what I mentioned above.

Power cycling is certainly a troubleshooting step when devices are having difficulty connecting and Support should be encouraging that.

I do want to clarify that powering off the Hub for 30 minutes and then rebooting is a bit lengthy. 10 minutes should be ample though longer is certainly not harmful, just unnecessary.

I downloaded the latest version of this and installed it. It appears to be working, but I occasionally get a crash manager message that comes up as a red banner at the top of my mobile app. Sometimes the app closes by itself. If I wait, the banner goes away and everything still seems to be working.

I do have your individual change thermostat app running, as well as the low battery monitor and the lock multiuser code management apps.

I have 3 CT101 thermostats. First time I saw the crash I had only changed one thermostat device driver, left the other 2 on the default. I now have all three thermostats on your driver.

Any thoughts, or is this maybe one of those ‘don’t worry about it if it goes away’ things.

Thanks

That’s a bug with the ST app. Please report it to ST support. It should never crash. These are just tiles and values. What phone do you have?

So for folks who are facing and issue with the thermostats stop communicating randomly with the ST hub (due to the buggy firmware please report it to ST support first), we found a quick fix for it.

Till now you had two options, you can try the 10 minute cold reboot or exclude and re pair the thermostat.

But here is a easy way to reset it without losing your settings or starting over.
Open the thermostat top cover and there is a reset button. Press it for 15 seconds. Now open the ST app and click on the refresh tile to resync all the settings. Done!

I was running off my Ipad. IOS 9.3.5. Latest software

Hi,
New here… Just got CT-80 with ZWave (seems to be the older model, with rounded sides).
I have few questions and hope someone can help me.

For the device :

• It seems does not allow for Auto Changeover(Heat/Cold) when connected with ZWave. Is this expected?
  • It does not support any Programs On the Device. They are disabled. Everything must be through the hub (kind of bummer… why they sell “programmable T-stat”)
  • Any way to keep the backlight always ON

Questions on the Device Handlers:

• I can change T / Fan modes / ON OFF. All good here
  • However my battery reports Always = 0% (Note this unit has a small battery , watch size. these are not AA)
  • My humidity sensors do not report any data. Does not refresh at all
  • The Configure button, does not work at all

I tested: (1) standard Z-Wave T-stat device ; (2) Did all the mods from RBoy above on battery and Humidity over it ; (3) Tested the standard CT-100 handler; (4) tested the device from Motley (SmartThingsPublic / devicetypes / motley74 / ct100-thermostat-custom.src / ct100-thermostat-custom.groovy)

All of the above behave the same.

Anything I am doing wrong? Any help?
appreciate it.

Hi,

Would it be possible to add a button for turning off the heater to this device handler.
(If it is possible with current device handler, I couldn’t find how, please tell me…)

Also, would it be possible to make the icons tiny as in this thermostat :slight_smile:

And, I couldn’t figure out how to use the sliders. If I change the temp. from slider, it returns to previous temp in a few seconds.

@RBoy

I’m using the full server version (02.05.02) of your Enhanced Z-Wave Thermostat and it’s working very well with my 2Gig CT100 thermostat. I have a question. I’ve noticed that “Emergency Heat” sometimes shows up in the ST ‘recently’ thermostat log when a new heat set point has been sent to the thermostat. I have no heat pump, and according to my furnace documentation, I have a single stage Hiel gas furnace . So, I’m unsure what that log entry means in general or what it specifically means for my particular furnace. I thought it had something to do with a multi-stage furnace or a heat pump - and I have neither of them.

Any insights would be helpful.

Lee