[RELEASE] Enhanced Z-Wave Plus Thermostat Device Handler - Honeywell, GoControl, CT, Linear, Trane, MCO, Remotec

Hi, I have a quick question,
Can I install this app to ST while I am having standard ST Thermostat app installed?
Then basically I will have two thermostat controller apps in my ST.
(I wanted to do that way to make sure I test this app while keeping one working app)

This isnā€™t an app, itā€™s a device handler, it provides a mechanism for ST to communicate with the thermostat. So not sure what youā€™re asking but in general itā€™s a bad idea to have two apps control one thermostat.

Hi RBoy
Sorry about my lack of understanding. Yes I was referring to the device handler.
I like to add this enhanced device handler to control my GoControl GC-TBZ48L (from Lowes).
As your comment I guess I have to remove Smartthings standard handler and add this device handler to test it out.

hi,

Iā€™ve updated the code of my device handler with new code.
but now my thermostat shows only as ā€œtiles missingā€ in the name.
there is no real name.
also there are no tiles in it.
Iā€™ve created a new device with the new handler. it is also ā€œtiles missingā€

Iā€™ve tried reverting back to the previous version. but same result happened.

whatā€™s happening ? how can I get back my thermostat ?

I see this error in the graph api log :
error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'id' on null object @ line 244

I donā€™t think youā€™re using this device handler, there no line 244 with id in it.

I agree.
there is a ā€œunsubscribeā€ command on line 244.
but I get this error.
and when I comment out that line, the error goes off.
so I am using this device handler. but how shall we solve the issue ?

If youā€™re arenā€™t seeing this in line 244, you arenā€™t using this DH (or atleast the latest version).

[value: 44, color: ā€œ#1e9cbbā€],

And if youā€™re seeing unsubscribe then you arenā€™t editing a device handler either, itā€™s a SmartApp.

ok. my badā€¦
Iā€™ve copied smart app code to the device handler.
but I remember that api was rejecting this. I didnt understand why it didnt rejectā€¦

1 Like

So Iā€™ve got a CT30. When I click Configure, it doesnā€™t seem to do anything. Is it not supported on my thermostat?

It wonā€™t do anything from a user point of view. Itā€™s only helps reconfigure and reassociate the device.

1 Like

Is it possible with this device handler to tell my CT30 to just run its schedule through CORE?

edit: To expand on this, Iā€™m setting Cool to very high when I leave, but want it to start running its normal scheduled temp when I get home.

Yes you can do that through CoRE but have you seen this SmartApp which is designed just for that purpose:

Iā€™m seeing the clock getting updated every 15 minutes, looks like the clock set age is not being reset on each refresh / update? Iā€™m on DH version 02.05.03.

Thatā€™s because some app or rule is forcing your Thermostat to do force refresh, which resets the age. See the first line of your log

INFO Requesting a refresh

I used to have pollster refreshing the thermostat, but I checked and that hasnā€™t been enabled in a long time. I donā€™t see anything else that is set to refresh it on a timer. But still, shouldnā€™t the Clock set age value be reset to 0 when the clock is set? Seems like itā€™s always showing 1440.00xx minutes in that, and the battery check time values.

No itā€™s the reverse, itā€™s reset to 0 and then updated every 1440 minutes. However if an app force an update/refresh then it sets it expired (1440) which causes it to set the clock.
Bottom line, some app is forcing a refresh on your device which is causing it to set the clock.

Any ideas on tracking down what might be triggering the refrresh?

Edit: Looks like itā€™s The Google Assistant triggering the refresh. I will try removing the thermostat from google assistant integration and see if that stops the all-too-frequent refreshes.

1 Like

Mine shows as inactive in IDE. Noticed this when Google Assistant said the Thermostat is offline. Shows on, on the physical thermostat.

How do I change it to ā€œactive?ā€

That means the device has not been communicating with the hub for a while. This is normal in most cases, if you donā€™t use a device for a few hours it can show as inactive. Just change some settings to force it to communicate with the hub and itā€™ll show as active. If you canā€™t change the settings with thermostat then your hub may have lost communication with the thermostat. In such a case hit the reset button the thermostat or you may have to exclude and re pair your thermostat depending up on the condition of your hub/thermostat pairing.