[RELEASE] Enhanced Z-Wave Plus Thermostat Device Handler - Honeywell, GoControl, CT, Linear, Trane, MCO, Remotec

Is there any difference in terms of features, accuracy or functionality between the CT100 and CT101? The CT101 seems to be smaller from the picture but not sure how else they are difference and if they are the same otherwise and are equally well supported via ST etc?

Hi all - I installed the device handler from here: https://github.com/SmartThingsCommunity/SmartThingsPublic/blob/master/devicetypes/smartthings/zwave-thermostat.src/zwave-thermostat.groovy with the customizations (except up/down arrows) shown at the top of this thread. When I press the Configure button from ST nothing happens. What may be causing that and how can I fix it? I also tried using the GitHub code unmodified and likewise the Configure button does nothing.

Another issue is that in ST the humidity is not updating as it changes, but the temperature is updating correctly. Is there a different polling time for the temperature than the humidity? As a test I put the CT100 outside and watched the temperature drop in ST but the humidity on the LCD correctly says 70% but ST still sees it as 48% which was the number when I put it outside 15 minutes ago… ?

Thanks!

Yep. Mine has the same issue. I haven’t found a fix. If you got Rule Machine before it was pulled, you can set up a periodic trigger to refresh the thermostat. I set mine for 30 minutes, so the humidity level updates every 30 minutes, anyways. Occasionaly (really, really rarely), the humidity will update between those refreshes, but I think it’s happened once or twice in the past month or so.

Even when I clicked Refresh the humidity did not refresh. Is there a way I can customize the refresh period for the humidity? The temperature seems to refresh quickly.

I’ve just about given up on the CT100. As I’ve written about here over the past few days, it does not send updates to the humidity. Changes in temperature are reported within 10 seconds or so. But the humidity never updates on its own - I have to press the arrow/refresh within the ST for the device - then within 30 seconds it updates. Also the humidity sensor reads about 7% too high. Anyone have an idea what may be the issue on not getting humidity updates? I have an Aeotec Multisensor 6 arriving tomorrow that hopefully will work more reliably.

I am using pollster to poll the thermostat and humidity and for a while I got humidity every hour, so I think it is possible. Not sure what I changed (thermostat device type? poll vs refresh?), but now humidity is sporadic. I think pollster should be using refresh, so I just changed it back to that and I’ll see if humidity starts updating in my google sheet log again.

Update: pollster is getting humidity every 60 minutes from my CT100 when I select it under refresh.

A point to note, if you’re using my custom handler, when power save option is enabled in the settings, it will ignore more than 1 the poll request per hour. So if you want more frequent updates, make sure power save is disabled or use the refresh function to force an update.

What is the Temperature Swing and Temperature Reporting Threshold? I can’t find a good definition of either of them in any documentation.

Swing is the difference between the target temp and actual temperature before the HVAC kicks in to being the actual back in line with the target.

Reporting threshold in the minimum change in actual temperature change before it’s reported back to the hub.

Is there a minimum threshold for humidity? Maybe that is why my temperature would update quickly but not the humidity reading.

##z-wave Thermostat with Temperature, Humidity and Auto Time setting - Version 2.4.6

• Added fix for error while installing if the hub location/timezone wasn’t specified. Now it’ll warn the user to add the hub location to that it can pick the correct timezone otherwise it’ll default to UTC timezone.

Thanks to DnCCrew for this step:

To set the hub Location, from smartphone app:

1. Clicked on the 3 lines (top right corner)
  1. Clicked on gear icon (top right)
  2. Click area that says “Tap to set where home is on the map” and zoom in to correct location on map.

###Z-Wave Thermostat with Temperature, Humidity and Auto Time setting - Version 2.4.7

• Added more fingerprints and MSR codes for additional CT-XXX models

Thank you Brian for sending them in.

@RBoy any idea about getting this working for the Secure SRT322 (also known as Horseman HRT4-ZW)

I’ve tried it but the app crashes when I access the device.

I looked at the documentation. It should work. The app crashing is a ST app issue not specific to the device. Try a different phone. Make sure you’re in the latest version of the ST app. It sounds like you maybe on an old version which had some bugs in it causing it to crash. (ST Phone App)

I’m running 2.1.4 on an iPhone.

Any other ideas? Thanks for looking.

Try an Android :slight_smile: or you can start commenting out the tiles in the code (details and main line in metadata) to find out which tile is the issue. The older ST Apps had a bug that it couldn’t display some types of tiles.

The 2 code lines try replacing them with this (this will revert back to the old style tiles):

main “temperature”
details([“temperature”, “mode”, “fanMode”, “heatSliderControl”, “heatingSetpoint”, “coolSliderControl”, “coolingSetpoint”, “refresh”, “configure”])

Maybe your phone isn’t able to handle the “summary” tile.

Reverting back to the old code worked. Thanks.

That means there’s a bug in your ST phone app. Report it to ST support. It isn’t able to handle the new MultiAttributeTiles

###Z-Wave Thermostat with Temperature, Humidity and Auto Time setting - Version 2.4.8

• Added a battery icon to make the UI look cleaner

###Z-Wave Thermostat with Temperature, Humidity and Auto Time setting - Version 2.5.0

• Added support for v2 hub fingerprints, added more fingerprints
  • Added patch for bug in CT-XXX firmware, firmware prior to v9.x on CT-XXX thermostats set the wrong day of week

If you have a CT-XXX thermostat, after updating the code make sure you press the Configure button which will identify the firmware version and then adjust for the clock day of week correction if required.