SmartThings Community

[RELEASE] Enhanced Z-Wave Plus Thermostat (CT-30/CT-50/CT-80/CT-100/CT-101/CT-110/ZTS-110/ZTS-500/GoControl/Honeywell/Universal) Device Handler with Battery, Humidity, Lock Controls, Clock Set, Alarm, Swing/Temp, Deadband Configuration and Updated UI

ct100
ct101
2gig
dth_hvac
rboyapps
(Head of Support (rboyapps.com)) #574

I think you’re asking a question related to the 5-2 Day Thermostat SmartApp in the link below (which should also answer your question that asked by another user)

This topic is related the z-wave thermostat device handler.

0 Likes

Actually no. I was thinking of going to rboy version of 5-2 day thermostat app but instead I have decide to try the enhanced z-wave plus thermo app. Installed the device handler already. Question is how to I switch over from CT100 handler to enhanced.

0 Likes

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #577

See this page starting step 10 on how to switch device handlers (assuming you’ve installed the published the code):
http://www.rboyapps.com/InstallDH.htm

0 Likes

Thanks. That is the part I was looking for confirmation on.

0 Likes

I am using the Enhanced Z-Wave Plus Thermostat V4.05.00 for heat only (baseboard gas boiler) on 3 separate CT-101 thermostats. I have upgraded from free 5-2 day thermostat and kept using the schedules I have originally created using the 5-2 day thermostat app, even after I have upgraded to Enhanced z-Wave device handler. I have no problems with the functionality where 3 separate schedules working on 3 thermostats without issues. Couple of questions.

• Is it OK to use the schedules created when 5-2 day thermostat under Enhanced Z-wave device handler or should I be using different means for my schedules under Enhanced Z.

• The question of the thermostat “HOLD” function in this scenario. I have previously asked this question and given the answer of “uncheck the schedule” in thermostat configuration so that it stays at the current temperature by means of disconnecting the schedule from the thermostat. However, from what I see this does not work. If I remove the checkbox for a given thermostat from a schedule, if that was the only thermostat in the schedule it refuses to save the schedule as it requires a minimum of one thermostat to associate with. What am I missing here?

Thanks.
0 Likes