SmartThings Community

[RELEASE] Enhanced Z-Wave Plus Thermostat (CT-30/CT-50/CT-80/CT-100/CT-101/CT-110/ZTS-110/ZTS-500/GoControl/Honeywell/Universal) Device Handler with Battery, Humidity, Lock Controls, Clock Set, Alarm, Swing/Temp, Deadband Configuration and Updated UI

ct100
ct101
2gig
dth_hvac
rboyapps

Well the 2 CT-100’s i have do report this information, its just not done as it happens. If i change options on the physical device, you can see them update on smartthings. Say the FAN is running, and it shows that in smartthings, when the Fan kicks off it doens’t reflect a change in smartthings until the normal interval, say when it refreshes in 15-30 minutes

Are you saying that the CT-100 Z-Wave Plus reports these changes AS they happen? Fan kicks off, its updated in smarthings, Fan Kicks on, its updated in smartthings even if it is happening within minutes of each other and without sending a refresh from the app? And not just FAN on/off but also cooling/idle states.

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #510

We have the older CT100 Z-Wave which is reporting the fan state just fine here with this DTH in real time. I can see the fan state update in realtime as I turn it on and off on the physical thermostat.

This CT-100 Z-Wave Plus from @TheSmartestHouse reports the events just fine here in the lab ($80):

There’s the CT101 Z-Wave model ($35):

Thanks RBoy for checking. I too get it to update in realtime if I’m physically pushing the buttons. Where the realtime fails is when its working through out the day, normal operations.

Set the thermostat, fans on, shows on smartthings. Thermostat reaches target, kicks fan off, i can hear it is off so I check smartthings and it doesn’t show off in smartthings, if i hit refresh it then shows up. It’ll also show up whatever current state it is during the normal smartthings polling.

The reason i notice this isn’t updating in real time is i can go to the Recently tab, and last update will be a hour ago, and I know within that hour its gone off/on but its not reflected here. (if i physically go press buttons though, all that is real time, or if i press buttons in the app, all real time.) But even history is lost, as on its own it could of turned from cooling to idle to cooling and smartthings isn’t aware of every change, just periodic ones when it polled.

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #512

I know what you’re referring to, when the HVAC cooling turns on, the fan state doesn’t get reported due to a firmware quirk and we had put in a workaround/patch in the DTH some time ago. I just checked here again and it seems to be reporting it for the CT100.
However keep in mind that it also depends on the quality of the mesh. If the event is lost it’s possible that it may be reported until the next refresh. I have seen it from time to time “miss” reporting the fan event even with the patch and that’s due to the mesh quality. It works best when the CT has been paired with the C wire attached, is within 50ft of another active device and it never hurts to reboot the hub and do a Z-wave repair.

(Head of Support (rboyapps.com)) #514

There is a bug in the new stock/standard ST thermostat DTH when using the thermostat in Celsius ( C ) scale which affects SmartApps that try to set the heating and cooling setpoints simultaneously.

Enhanced Z-Wave Thermostat with Temperature, Humidity and Auto Time setting - Version 04.01.01

• Fix for bug in standard ST thermostat DTH when using the Celsius scale
  • Improve sync with older CT-xx thermostats firmware

Key features of enhanced DTH:

• Supports secure inclusion and encrypted communication for Z-Wave Plus thermostats
  • Battery saver option to extend battery life
  • Synchronizing SmartThings dead-band settings with thermostat (default is 1°)
  • Fix for ST Celsius scale bug
  • Patches for firmware bugs
    • CT-xxx incorrect date
    • CT-xxx heat/cool switch over
    • CT-xxx state synchronization
  • Customize thermostat settings (CT-xxx and ZTS-xxx)
    • Temperature reporting threshold
    • Temperature swing threshold
  • Show fan state (running or off even when set to Auto mode)
  • Humidity
  • Battery
  • Clock
  • Heat/Cool temperature settings
  • Auto detect supported thermostat modes
    • Off
    • Auto
    • Heat
    • Cool
    • Emergency heat
  • Auto detect supported fan modes
    • Off
    • On
    • Auto
    • Circulate
  • Thermostat models tested:
    • CT-xxx Z-Wave
    • CT-xxx Z-Wave Plus
    • ZTS-1xx Z-Wave
    • ZTS-5xx Z-Wave
    • GoControl Z-Wave
    • Vivint Z-Wave
    • Lowes Z-Wave
    • Filtrete 3M Z-Wave
    • Honeywell Z-Wave
    • APX Z-Wave

(Ben Erkens ) #515

Is there a version of these Thermostats suitable for Europe (Z-Wave)?

(Alessandro) #516

Is this the Vivint zwave thermostat? https://images.techhive.com/images/article/2016/12/vivint-element-thermostat-100701315-orig.jpg

(Head of Support (rboyapps.com)) #517

@ChadCK this update should fix your issue related to the CT-xxx firmware quirk where switching to auto mode doesn’t kick in the cooler/heater.

NOTE: This also fixed a bug in the stock/standard ST thermostat DTH when using the thermostat in Celsius ( C ) scale which affects SmartApps that try to set the heating and cooling setpoints simultaneously.

Enhanced Z-Wave Thermostat with Temperature, Humidity and Auto Time setting - Version 04.02.04

• Fixed issue with CT-xxx thermostats firmware not starting when switching to Auto mode
  • Shows C-Wire for CT-xxx thermostats if they are paired with the C-Wire connected (repeater mode)
  • Added basic support for the new ST app

It will only show C-Wire if the thermostat was paired in repeater mode (with the C-Wire connected) otherwise it shows the battery level.

Key features of enhanced DTH:

• Supports secure inclusion and encrypted communication for Z-Wave Plus thermostats
  • Battery saver option to extend battery life
  • Synchronizing SmartThings dead-band settings with thermostat (default is 1°)
  • Fix for ST Celsius scale bug
  • Patches for firmware bugs
    • CT-xxx incorrect date
    • CT-xxx auto switch over
    • CT-xxx state synchronization
  • Customize thermostat settings (CT-xxx and ZTS-xxx)
    • Temperature reporting threshold
    • Temperature swing threshold
  • Show fan state (running or off even when set to Auto mode)
  • Humidity
  • Battery
  • Clock
  • Heat/Cool temperature settings
  • Auto detect supported thermostat modes
    • Off
    • Auto
    • Heat
    • Cool
    • Emergency heat
  • Auto detect supported fan modes
    • Off
    • On
    • Auto
    • Circulate
  • Thermostat models tested:
    • CT-xxx Z-Wave
    • CT-xxx Z-Wave Plus
    • ZTS-1xx Z-Wave
    • ZTS-5xx Z-Wave
    • GoControl Z-Wave
    • Vivint Z-Wave
    • Lowes Z-Wave
    • Filtrete 3M Z-Wave
    • Honeywell Z-Wave
    • APX Z-Wave

(Alessandro) #518

Does anyone know?

I just installed the latest device handler. I noticed the label for the current thermostat status (heating, cooling, idle) does not show on my app. The background color is correct. Also, the word “C-Wire” shows in two lines. How should I correct them? Please see the screenshot below.

(Woolfman72) #520

This does seem to be working on my RCS TZ45.

(Rusty Knabe) #521

I installed v04.02.01 of the device handler, but it is still not working in the new smartthings app.
Works fine in the old app.

This is a CT-101:
fw: 9.0
manufacturer: Radio Thermostat Company of America (RTC)
productId: 12
productTypeId: 25857

On a similar note, I updated to the latest ZWave lock handler, which also mentions support for the new app, and the lock works fine in the new app.

(Travis C Howard) #522

Same issues here, not working in the new SmartThings app and “C-Wire” displays on two lines in the old app.

“Can’t connect to device. Check device and try again.”

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #523

The new app doesn’t support custom handlers as yet . Not sure where you’re seeing that it’s supposed to work on the new app. All our instructions reference use of the Classic app.
We’ve managed to get a few of our handlers to work with the new app but we will announce it in our release notes on this forum post when it’s ready, it’s mostly due to the inability of the new app to display certain types of devices (e.g. thermostats)
As for C-Wire on two lines that an issue with the ST Android app rendering of the text.

Edit: DTH Change log is just for internal reference. Once the new app starts supporting custom thermostats it’ll start working.

(Rusty Knabe) #524

Support for the new app is mentioned in latest release notes:

• Thermostat with Temperature, Humidity and Auto Time setting
  • Copyright RBoy Apps, redistribution or reuse of code is not allowed without permission
  • Change log:
  • 2018-8-2 - (v04.02.01) Added basic support for new ST app

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #526

Basic support for the new ST app is now working with the latest version of the ST app and DTH version 04.02.03. You may need to exclude and re-pair but you can try to manually force it, My Devices -> Click on thermostat device -> Scroll down and click on Edit -> Scroll down and click on Update -> Force kill and restart ST app.

[RELEASE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock, Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, DanaLock, August Pro, Samsung, Locstar, Delaney, KeyWe Locks and Popp Z-Wave Keypad Device Handler with Alarm Control, Notification, RFID, Door Sensor and advanced features
(Rusty Knabe) #527

Thank you, this is working now in the new app!

(Jeff) #528

Picked this thermostat up for $17 at Lowes on clearance this week - figured i can’t go wrong for that price!

Are there any suggestions for troubleshooting a battery “null %” showing up in the smartthings app (under this device), and that it hasn’t updated the clock yet? I first connected to the hub yesterday, and it is now roughly 30 hours since then without update for clock or battery status. I figured maybe it needs a full 24 hours prior to it auto-updating the clock.

Thanks!

EDIT: I did buy the enhanced version of the DH, and that is what i am using. Copied the code into a new DH before adding the device to the hub.

(Jeff) #529

Replying to my own comment…

It finally updated overnight - battery, time, and humidity are showing now (about 2 hours after i posted the issue here). I am going to start posting here more, since my problems solve themselves when I do!

Jeff, which thermostat did you pick up at Lowes? was it the CT-101-L? I just picked one up at Lowes for a very good price too. I have not yet installed it. I’ve been reading all I can about this thermostat and I was a little concerned about the numerous bad reviews on the Lowes website (some of them reporting potentially serious / dangerous malfunctions). I am debating as to whether I should install it or not.

Did you use RBoy’s DH right off the bat or did you first install it using the native DH in Smartthings? Any “gotchas” or quirks I need to be aware of when installing it?