SmartThings Community

[RELEASE] Enhanced Z-Wave Plus Thermostat (CT-30/CT-50/CT-80/CT-100/CT-101/CT-110/ZTS-110/ZTS-500/GoControl/Honeywell/Universal) Device Handler with Battery, Humidity, Lock Controls, Clock Set, Alarm, Swing/Temp, Deadband Configuration and Updated UI

ct100
ct101
2gig
dth_hvac
rboyapps

(Carlos) #365

Hello Rboy team! with version 2.5.3, when my system was heating, I get an “Orange” color in the “Right Now” top panel, today I updated to 2.7, and when change to “heating” the color still in grey… could you update this? Its just a look and feel, but for me its really important to distinguish the states… or if you want, let me know which parameter can I change in the code.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: BTW, I believe the new version codes are bad:

• Change log:
  • 2017-5-3 - (v02.07.00) Updated DTH to reflect new attributes changed by ST, added device health check and updated icons
  • 2017-5-3 - (v02.06.00) Harmonized color scheme to match ST, show correct state of fan and operating, added color for Auto Fan on
  • 2017-4-10 - (v2.5.4) Improved summary tile layout hvac status
  • 2017-3-20 - (v2.5.4) Added CT-30 Brown Box MSR/fingerprints

02.07.00 is less than 2.5.4… Just a note…

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #366

To get the colors back you will need to uncomment this piece of code:

tileAttribute("device.thermostatOperatingState", key: "OPERATING_STATE") {
            attributeState("idle", backgroundColor:"#00A0DC")
            attributeState("heating", backgroundColor:"#e86d13")
            attributeState("cooling", backgroundColor:"#00A0DC")
        }

You may also have to comment out the following code otherwise the text will overlap due to ST text layout issues (which is why it was disabled in the first place)

tileAttribute ("device.thermStatus", key: "SECONDARY_CONTROL") {
            attributeState("thermStatus", label:'${currentValue}', defaultState: true)
        }

The versioning is fine, we have to move to 02.07.00 is the same as 2.7.0 (the leading 0’s are required for internal control purposes).

(Carlos) #367

Amazing guys!!! Working good!! Thanks a lot!!!

EDIT: Why did you “commented” these lines?

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #368

###Enhanced Z-Wave Thermostat with Temperature, Humidity and Auto Time setting - Version 02.07.01

• Updated tile colors to reflect state of thermostat (heating / cooling /idle)

See 02.07.00 release notes for important updates:

(Carlos) #369

Hello guys! Why did you uncommented this part of the code in the new version?

tileAttribute ("device.thermStatus", key: "SECONDARY_CONTROL") {
            attributeState("thermStatus", label:'${currentValue}', defaultState: true)
        }

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #370

It’s always been like that you must have made custom modifications to it.

(Joern) #371

Don’t see the color in the big tile. Now I see white text on white background. Something isn’t working correct, can you please fix this or explain how to fix in the code?

Currently not very useful. Thanks

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #372

The color in the big tile changes based on the current operating state of the thermostat. If it’s cooling then it Blue, if is heating then it’s orange. If it’s idle then it’s grey. Make sure you’re using the latest 02.07.01 code published today. See above for screenshots of what it looks like.

(Joern) #373

I just updated to 02.07.01.

02.07.00 was grey no matter what operating state. But currently with the new version the big tile is for me white, if the thermostat is idle. Using ST Android app 2.3.7 with Android 7.1.2

Any ideas?

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #374

Yes it could be grey or white depending on your phone. It will be Blue when cooling and Orange when heating.

(Joern) #375

Yes, but now I have a white background but the text is always white. In other words I don’t see anything. In this case it’s not very useful, because I don’t see anything if the tstat is idle. In 02.07.00 the background was grey. Is there a way to change it to grey again? Or changing the text color so I can read the text/information?

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #376

Just republished the 02.07.01 forcing it to use grey instead of the default color (which is white for Android and grey for iOS), take the latest code and it should force grey on your phone.

EDIT: If you have the correct code, line 223 should read:

attributeState(“idle”, backgroundColor:"#cccccc")

(Joern) #377

perfect is working now :grinning:

Thanks!

(New ) #378

Hello all - new to world of ST. I was reading through all the good past posts/thoughts, but did i overlook where i can find the complete code for the handler? or is this what everyone is using? --> https://github.com/SmartThingsCommunity/SmartThingsPublic/tree/master/devicetypes/smartthings/zwave-thermostat.src

thanks in advance.

(Lee Florack) #379

See the first post in this thread. It has links to both the paid and unpaid versions.

(New ) #380

Hello all - i followed the above guide and so far so good, but for some reason the temperature display is always “76.5 F” - but my thermostat lcd displays the actual temp.

Any idea what i did wrong?

(Ian Eicher) #381

I’ve been having the same issue since the last update. I have to hit refresh to get it to post the temp correctly. I’ve checked the log and it’s reporting to ST hub correctly.

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #382

Yeah since the last firmware update some beaming devices have trouble at time keeping in sync with the hub. See above posts for details. Simple stuff to sync it back up

1. Hit the reset button the thermostat (see image)
    [RELEASE] Enhanced Z-Wave Plus Thermostat (CT30/CT50/CT80/CT100/CT101/CT110/ZTS110/ZTS500/GoControl/Honeywell/Universal) Device Handler with Battery, Humidity, Clock Set, Alarm, Swing/Temp, Deadband Configuration and Updated User Interface
  2. Reboot the ST hub
  3. Do a Z-Wave repair
  4. If none of the above works, exclude and re pair the thermostat

Usually that fixes it.

(sd@oe.ca) #383

Thanks for this rboy, it works great with the GoControl Thermostat, with the exception of the custom icons, they don’t seem to change color from grey on my android app. Am using the (your) code:

// CUSTOMIZATION
standardTile("mode", "device.thermostatMode", inactiveLabel: false, canChangeIcon: true) {
	state "off", label:'${name}', action:"switchMode", nextState:"to_heat", icon: "st.Outdoor.outdoor19"
	state "heat", label:'${name}', action:"switchMode", nextState:"to_cool", icon: "st.Weather.weather14", backgroundColor: '#E14902'
	state "cool", label:'${name}', action:"switchMode", nextState:"...", icon: "st.Weather.weather7", backgroundColor: '#003CEC'
	state "auto", label:'${name}', action:"switchMode", nextState:"...", icon: "st.Home.home1"
	state "emergencyHeat", label:'${name}', action:"switchMode", nextState:"...", icon: "st.Weather.weather2", backgroundColor: '#E11102'
	state "to_heat", label: "heat", action:"switchMode", nextState:"to_cool"
	state "to_cool", label: "cool", action:"switchMode", nextState:"..."
	state "...", label: "...", action:"off", nextState:"off"
}
standardTile("fanMode", "device.thermostatFanMode", inactiveLabel: false, canChangeIcon: true) {
	state "fanAuto", label:'${name}', action:"switchFanMode", icon: "st.Appliances.appliances11"
	state "fanOn", label:'${name}', action:"switchFanMode", icon: "st.Appliances.appliances11", backgroundColor: '#02E181'
	state "fanCirculate", label:'${name}', action:"switchFanMode", icon: "st.Appliances.appliances11", backgroundColor: '#02D2E1'
}
        // END CUSTOMIZATION

Any thoughts? Sorry, I couldn’t see any similar experiences in the thread.

Cheers,

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #384

Hit the refresh button if that causes the tile color to change then your thermostat is not pushing updates to the hub, try repairing it or repairing your z wave network. If it still doesn’t change color then your thermostat isn’t reporting the fan status.

It could also be an Android bug. Try it on a iOS phone if you can to confirm it. If it’s a Android bug please report it to ST support so they can prioritize fixing it (sorry we can’t test it here as we’re on the latest 2.4.0 BETA version of Android and it’s working fine here on that version which is slated to be released end of month).