[OBSOLETE] Enhanced Z-Wave Garage Door Controller GD00Z-4/GD00Z-5/Linear/GoControl/Iris/Nortek Device Handler with Switch and Automated Garage Door Open/Close when People Arrive/Leave/Timer [OBSOLETE]

If you look at my screen shot above the two tiles left of Battery are
1-Open/Close status which is not a button
2-On/Off status toggle button in case you want to use as a switch. The button is optional and could be commented out.

The first is a legacy of the old V1 of the android app. ST app used to let you select your preferred tile to display on the main “things” page. I didn’t like having the tile which was also a toggle button because I was accidentally opening my garage when I wanted to select the tile to see details. So I added the tile with to action on it so I could use that on my main page. Not is it redundant and could just be commented out.

I would like to add a “last battery status” date/time tile so we can see when this happens and perhaps figure out how often, maybe I should add a counter or something. I wish we could write to a log that didn’t need to be running live. It would be so helpful to debug if I could see a log across an entire day or several days. Maybe I can use the http protocol to write something if I write a web page that lets me post messages or something. I really think this is a huge missing feature that wouldn’t be that difficult to implement.

I don’t know why you see the on/off tile as just blue/grey. I would like to see screen shots of that.

Oops, my bad, green and grey, not blue and grey. I was trying to capture a screenshot but can’t seem to get it to work.

So the large icon is a toggle, the open and close buttons operate the door, and the middle power outlet looking button on the second row also works as a toggle? That is a lot of options to open and close the door. :smile:

Well I added the on/off so smart apps that accept a switch and devices like Alexia which only work with switches could open/close the door. The tile is so you can see the current state. It also helps you understand what “On” means for a Garage.
Some consider On = Open to be intuitive but for an electrician On = “closed” as in a closed circuit. So on/off can be interpreted either way. The tile lets you know which way you have it coded.

I have removed the “fixed version” of the door from my latest code (just pushed to github) and I have added a “Last Battery Status” tile. So now it’s “On/Off Tile” – “Battery Last Update Tile” – “Battery Level Tile”

My Last update is currently “–” since it has not updated since I pushed the code.

I have a feeling my “1% battery” is coming from this code

case 0x4A:
				if (cmd.eventParameter[0]) {
					map.descriptionText = "$device.displayName door sensor ${cmd.eventParameter[0]} has a low battery"
				} else {
					map.descriptionText = "$device.displayName door sensor has a low battery"
				}
				result << createEvent(name: "battery", value: 1, unit: "%", descriptionText: map.descriptionText)
				break

And not this code

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.batteryv1.BatteryReport cmd) {
def map = [ name: “battery”, unit: “%” ]
if (cmd.batteryLevel == 0xFF) {
map.value = 1
map.descriptionText = “$device.displayName has a low battery”
} else {
map.value = cmd.batteryLevel
}
state.lastbatt = new Date().time
createEvent(map)
}

So perhaps the Linear GD00Z only reports “Low Battery” and not battery percentage.

I am testing this by changing the first section of code to a new hard coded value to see if it ever changes. I also need to put a value into the “last update” tile so I can see that.

If I change line 49 from:
standardTile(“toggle”, “device.door”, width: 2, height: 2) {
to:
standardTile(“displayOnly”, “device.door”, width: 2, height: 2) {

Will it make the large icon a display tile and not toggle. Then I use the open/close to the right to open and close?

The only difference I see playing with them is that open and close don’t change to show activity and there is a delay before the large icon shows opening or closing. Most likely because the door itself has the delay for flashing the lights and beeping. The large toggle however instantly changes to opening or closing so you know something was done.

Yes it would. (post must be 20 chars)

I don’t think this device reports Battery Level.
The supported command classes do not include batteryLevel
I tried calling the Powerlevel class but I get no reply.

http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1458/embedpics

Updated the Open/Close SmartApp to avoid the handler warning - v1.0.2

What does this mean ? What is “the handler warning” ?

The SmartApp was throwing warning in the live logging about an undefined handler, cleaned it up.

Also added an option to send notifications (push and sms) in version 1.1.0

Revamped the SmartApp for Garage Door Open and Close Automatically when People Arrive/Leave based on feedback.

Version 1.2.0

1. Added options to control opening/closing independently
  2. Simplified the user interface

Version 2.2.0
Added better support for polling and updates

Garage Door Open/Close
Version 1.2.2
Verify state before making decision and notify user accordingly. This app is useful as in the current state there is a bug in the ST Routines. If the Routine sets the mode to the current mode no actions (including door open/close) are executed by the routine. This app can provide a workaround for it.

1 Like

@RBoy

I have a question. I have the same issue where it registers “closing” when it is closed and it causes other events to not trigger that are tied to the garage door state. Any way to make your Device handler read off of the tilt sensor I have on the door and not the one that comes with the opener? Or maybe use state of the tilt sensor as a refresh trigger?

Not really, SmartApps can read of devices, I don’t think it’s possible for device to read off another device.
I would recommend try relocating the sensor to a different part of the garage door and away from the edge of the door. That worked for me.
The other issue that I solved was to change the angle of the garage linear unit when mounted that apparently changes the signal strength and at 30% offset I got a pretty reliable connection (at 90 degrees I had virtually no communication).

Sorry I meant away from the edge, lower down from the top and keeping it in direct LoS of the unit.

1 Like

Version 2.2.2

• Automatically refresh after updating settings

Installed the device type, good job

1 Like

Version 2.3.0

• Take care of phantom “opening” reports from GD00Z-4 garage door opener, confirm state before reporting

I really like your device handlers and apps. Worth every penny!

1 Like