[OBSOLETE] Enhanced Z-Wave Garage Door Controller GD00Z-4/GD00Z-5/Linear/GoControl/Iris/Nortek Device Handler with Switch and Automated Garage Door Open/Close when People Arrive/Leave/Timer [OBSOLETE]

No luck. I’ll power cycle the unit next time i have a ladder out in the garage.

GoControl/Linear GD00Z-4/others Device Handler - Version 2.4.1

• Show a “Reset Battery” button on a new installation to initialize the battery

GoControl/Linear GD00Z-4/others Device Handler - Version 2.4.1

• < no change >

Garage Door Open and Close Automatically when People Arrive/Leave - Version 1.3.1

• Workaround for ST bug with contact address book for notifications

Interim patch on request from ST, due to ongoing issues with the platform and Linear devices (Garage Door Constantly Opening).

###GoControl/Linear GD00Z-4/others Device Handler - Version 2.4.2

• Do not process “Opening” events due to possible issue with Linear devices or ST platform. Switch/Contact status will be marked as “Open” only after the garage door is fully open

###Garage Door Open and Close Automatically when People Arrive/Leave - Version 1.3.1

• < no change >

On request from users:

###GoControl/Linear GD00Z-4/others Device Handler - Version 2.4.2

• < no change >

###Garage Door Open and Close Automatically when People Arrive/Leave - Version 1.4.0

• Added ability to set operating schedules for actions when people arrive and depart. You can define a separate operating schedule arrivals and departures.

On request from users:

###GoControl/Linear GD00Z-4/others Device Handler - Version 2.5.0

• Added ability to report device handler version to check for updates

###Garage Door Open and Close Automatically when People Arrive/Leave - Version 1.5.0

• Added ability to automatically check for SmartApp and Device Handler updates and notify user

After updating the code, open the Device Handler page, click on Refresh and then open the SmartApp and click Done for the changes to take effect

Does the tilt sensor for the GD00z get wacky when the battery is getting low? Mine has been pretty stable except for the past couple days it will flip flop closed-open-closed within one minute without the door moving. I think I remember reading in this thread the battery for the DTH only goes from 100 to dead with nothing in between or something like that.

That’s correct. It doesn’t report intermediary values and battery low could cause issues. In my experience sometime voltage fluctuations on the controller causes issues like what you’re mentioning. Putting it into a UPS solves the issues but that’s not an option for everyone.

Interesting. I’ll start with the batteries in the tilt sensor and if it still acts up go for some kind of UPS.

1 Like

RBoy, quick question. Is there any way to put a delay on opening the garage door? The way that my neighborhood is situated, there are often times that the garage door will open a good 30 seconds to a minute before I get to the garage. I’ve tried making the geofence as small as possible, but if I’m going by the front of my house, it will still be a good minute before I get around to the back. I know the odds of someone taking something in that short of a time isn’t very high, but I’d feel better if it wasn’t open at all while I’m still driving to the back. Thanks.

1 Like

Sure will add it to the next release of the SmartApp.

1 Like

On request:

###GoControl/Linear GD00Z-4/others Device Handler - Version 02.05.00

• < no change >

###Garage Door Open and Close Automatically when People Arrive/Leave - Version 01.06.00

• Added ability to delay opening the garage doors after someone arrives

After updating the code, open the Device Handler page, click on Refresh and then open the SmartApp and click Done for the changes to take effect

1 Like

Wow. That was fast and more than I had even hoped for. I knew I tell everyone who will listen about your smart apps/DTHs for a reason. Thanks, @RBoy!

@RBoy thank you
would it be possible to add an option to set SHM as well?
basically making sure SHM is disarmed before opening the garage door.

SmartThings automation has all this but enabling disarming SHM causes a 20-30 second delay to open the garage door.
The SHM disarms right away not sure why it causes the delay in opening Linear garage door. Hopefully your DH will solve this. (removing the disarming of SHM in the options and the delay is gone other than the Linear built in 5 second lights/beeping delay.)

It’s possible to add it but essentially you’re moving the problem from the routines to the SmartApp, if controlling the SHM from the routines takes 20 seconds it will take the same with the SmartApp which may lead to timing out.

What you should use this SmartApp to open/close your garage doors and use the Routines to control the SHM only, that works fine.

This SmartApp no 20 on our website (www.rboyapps.com): Garage Door Open/Close Automatically on Arrival/Departure

Hey RBoy,
I really appreciate you so quickly implementing the delayed opening into the app, but it appears to not actually open the door. I’ve been sitting each day cause I wanted to make sure I was right before I bothered you again. I’ve even changed the timer to only 5 seconds so the delay should be pretty much unnoticeable, but it never seems to open. I get the notifications saying it’s going to open the door after said time as it should, but no action. I’ve gone ahead and made sure to open the DH page again and refresh and open the SmartApp and click done. I’ll try and remember to pull up live logging next time I’m arriving home to see what is going on.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting it, we found the issue and have patched it.

1 Like

###GoControl/Linear GD00Z-4/others Device Handler - Version 02.05.00

• < no change >

###Garage Door Open and Close Automatically when People Arrive/Leave - Version 01.06.01

• Patch for delayed opening the garage doors after someone arrives

I just wanted to report back that the patch worked like a charm. Garage door opened after the set delay when I arrived home tonight. Much appreciated. Stellar work as always. Thanks.

1 Like

###GoControl/Linear GD00Z-4/others Device Handler - Version 02.05.01

• Updated UI color scheme to match ST’s new recommendations

###Garage Door Open and Close Automatically when People Arrive/Leave - Version 01.06.01

• < no change >