[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Version 4.0 ~ Evolved

But I fixed it…

Right, but if it was a problem with your device, it should not have prevented you to get the list without it…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Updated but still not liking that Media Controller.

But it doesn’t throw that null error anymore, right? Or gives you the red banner, or does it still doing it?

1 Like

Same as before.
It doesn’t like my Kodi (PC) device either (which was not added as a Media Player Type Device).

EDIT: As a note… it did take my Harmony Hub just fine as a Media Controller for testing.

you just have too many fancy fangled machine doodads that we can’t test with…

Anyone can install Kodi :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yeah, the code breaks when is looking for Harmony activities in your Kodi handler…ooops…I code it like only Harmony Hubs can be media controllers…and that’s because those are the only media controlers I have…What kind of things do you intend of doing with those handlers?

Ah. Gotcha.

I have no clue. But it was in the list so I wanted to add it.
Add all the devices to everything. Right?

1 Like

That’s the best stress test we can get :smile: Do you mind leaving those out dor now? We can explore what we can do with them later :smile:

1 Like

Not a problem. Like I said, they exist as Media Player Type Device and it took them just fine in that list.

1 Like

I ran the test again with ST Live Logging open and it didn’t post anything in the Live Logging.
I’ve gotta get to bed though so I’ll be on tomorrow after work.

go into the app settings on the main page and turn on live logging

Yeah, I am not sure why the handler has Media Controller capability if it doesn’t have any activities, unless is using some custom attributes for the device, in which case I need to add them to EchoSistant in order to be able to add them as Media Control devices…It should work fine as Media Player to change inputs and volume…

Here is the DTH if that will help you.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/iamcanadian2222/ST-Kodi/master/devicetypes/boshdirect/kodi-media-center.src/kodi-media-center.groovy

It’s this integration:

1 Like

Thanks, EchoSistant should be able to handle every command if the handler is selected as Media Player…

Everyone make sure you stay up to date on everything. The easiest way is via the Github integration.

We are pushing out bug fixes as fast as we can fix anything, so if you’re having any problems after the install, make sure you are on the latest code.

1 Like

Very clear instructions for setup…I certainly need a walkthrough as I have no idea what I’m actually doing.

I’ve got stuck:

I’m at “Main Intent Skill - Create” - Step 6 of the wiki:

I’ve added the values to my List_of_Devices and List_of_Controls as displayed in the IDE…but where do I get the List_of_Profiles values from?

I’m thinking they are the names of the ‘Messaging & Control Profiles’ you set up in the app, right? Do I copy a list from somewhere, or just type them in?

Also, I don’t really know what I’m doing with regards to setting up the Messaging & Control Profiles to be honest …or what I’m actually specifying/what their purpose is. Is there a guide to that part too?

(I did set up at least one, as per “Install SmartApp in SmartThings Mobile App” - Step 9 of the wiki…but didn’t really know what I was doing!)

1 Like

List of profiles has been removed. You don’t need it. Please skip…

1 Like

Their purpose is:

A. they enable messaging between multiple speakers
B. they enable Group control for lights, vents, fans, TV…in one room (E.G. Alexa turn the lights off in the Profile - where Profile name might be Bedroom)
C. they act as Routines (you can define actions to take place when Profile runs. This is helpful for reminders, as an example, you may want to turn colored bulbs when reminder is due, or flash lights. Also you can trigger Pistons in CoRE by just triggering the Profile. You could say - Alexa fire the < Piston Name > and have Core take actions. You could actually say anything you want and fire a Piston every time when you invoke the Profile.

1 Like