[OBSOLETE] EchoSistant Ver 5.0 ~ Updated Release (2018)

@bamarayne, Echosistant Logic Blocks V 2.0 run good ! Thanks .

1 Like

I’m glad it’s exactly what you needed and working for you.

Make sure to check for updates as I push them out when I find bugs and make changes.

1 Like

What are your opinions about the compound commands and the delays?

I’m interested in some feedback.

I’m PM to you.

Two years ago when EchoSistant was born it was decided that it would be an app that would add to the Alexa experience, not one to replace. While there have been features of the app that were able to be done by the native Alexa commands, we felt they enhanced the abilities much more than replaced them.

I’ve been working on the compound commands for EchoSistant and have made great strides in giving you the ability to perform tasks as efficiently as possible. You are able to give many commands to Alexa in any order you want, and she performs them.
For Example: you can say, “Alexa, turn on the ceiling fan and turn on the fire place and dim the lights in the living room”

and all of those things will occur for you.
You can also say, “Alexa, turn on the fire place in 5 minutes and dim the lights in 7 minutes and turn on the ceiling fan in the living room”

yes, multiple commands AND multiple delays all at once.

Tonight, I noticed that my Native Alexa is performing multiple commands, just by saying this

Alexa, turn on the office light and turn off the kitchen.

It does not seem to work with delays nor with more than two commands
 but it is a start
 and as usual, a very limited start.

So, for this reason, I will continue to develop the compound commands features of EchoSistant to give you the best possible experience from your home automations voice controls.

I do have one thing to ask
 please try this at home. Check your system and see if your Native Alexa is doing this as well. I’d hate to think mine has just gone crazy
 lol

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

There is an update to the parent app and rooms app.

Updates include some minor bug fixes and addition of system defaults in parent app.

well, i guess i can say yours isn’t any more crazy than mine. two commands for device changes seems to work (and get “ok” response twice, or error for whichever is a bad command)

Yeah, that’s the same thing I get too
 and you have to talk rather slowly as well
 lol

I like the responses in EchoSistant better
 haha

1 Like

Well, I am about to go nuts here. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have installed Echosistant and configured two rooms: Cinema and Living room. The test phrase gives me her congratulations.

In these rooms I have one Hue light, and if I issue the command: “Alexa, change the color to red in the cinema/living room” I only get the following response: “Message sent to cinema/living room”.
If I issue a command to turn on or off the lights they work properly, but I am having a hard time getting this to work with the Hue functionality.

Any inputs?

I’m very sorry for the frustration, I can’t stand it when things do not just work.

But color bulb control is something the native Alexa does very well, so I removed it from the app. It was a lot of code to maintain.

You can simply say, “Alexa, set the cinema light to the color red.”

Or something like that, I can’t remember the exact phrasing. I’ll test it when I get home.

I’m going to push out an update tomorrow with this capability added back in

I have it working for groups, but I want it to work for individual lights as well.

I updated and am getting an error when trying to save on the main screen.”An Unexpected Error Occured”

Logs:

b1a86e-1824-4967-b2ae-7036f6326bd9 1:33:20 AM:error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘devices’ on null object @line 392 (updated)

75b1a86e-1824-4967-b2ae-7036f6326bd9 1:33:20 AM:debug AlexaJSON = null

75b1a86e-1824-4967-b2ae-7036f6326bd9 1:33:20 AM:debug Updated with settings: [cLevel:3, pDisableContCmds:false, cVolLevel:2, debug:true, pEnableMuteAlexa:false, ShowLicense:false, fSecFeed:false, pUseShort:false]

AHA! :smiley:

That was the explanation I was looking for. You see, I believe it all work but when I came across a post from you from earlier executing this command I nearly pulled my hair out because it didn’t work here.

Thanks for the prompt reply and thank you for putting in the hours creating and maintaining this app. :slight_smile:

1 Like

wow. That is so cool. I’ll make sure to test your updates and report back.

Thanks again. :slight_smile:

Thanks, I have it working. You just select all of the color bulbs in the room.

You can say

Alexa, set the lights to the color red in the room (this changes all of the bulbs)
or
Alexa, set the corner light to the color red in the room (this changes the specific bulb)

next step will be to get it to work with compound commands
 then you can set each bulb to a different color in one command session.

UPDATE

Please update the parent and rooms apps.

Parent Ver 4.6 R.0.0.2d ~ includes bug fix for the above mentioned problem from @Bryantrichar. Thank you for reporting this bug.

Rooms Ver 4.6 R.0.2.2 ~ Added color capability to color bulbs group as well as the individual color bulbs in the room.

Please note:
For the color capabilities, structure commands along these lines:

Alexa, set the corner light to the color blue in the living room. (individual bulb)
or
Alexa, set the lights to the color blue in the living room. (group)
or
Alexa, set the color to blue in the living room. (group)

The key is you must include the word “Color” in the command.

Hi Richard,
Is your error resolved?

Yes thank you

1 Like

UPDATE

Please update the parent app and the rooms app.

Update includes minor bug fixes and UI changes.

Parent ~ Version: 4.6 R.0.0.2e
Rooms ~ Version:4.6 R.0.2.2

UPDATE

Another small update for the day
 last one tonight! lol

Parent app ~ Version: 4.6 R.0.0.2e (no version change, but there is an update)
Rooms app ~ Version:4.6 R.0.2.3

Update contains:
Parent app ~ small one line bug fix, part of the fix in the Rooms app
Rooms app ~ Bug fix with the “Reset the Queue” command for the Echo Speaks devices. The command was only working the first time would not work if the conversation mode was active for the room. I’m pretty sure I’ve got this one fixed.

I also added a feedback command: “Alexa, are the automations on in the room”
This checks the status of the rooms kill switch, if you’ve selected one for the room.