[OBSOLETE] EchoSistant Ver 5.0 ~ Updated Release (2018)

UPDATE

Update to the Rooms app only ~ Version:4.6 R.0.3.0

This update is the intro to setting schedule for things to occur, enhancing the “action” in xx minutes feature.

Example: Morning wake up Alert
In your room of choice create a Logic Block. Name it “Wake me up”.
Create your custom message using variables for location events, device status’, and
select the actions you want to occur when the alarm is activated.
Select the Echo Device you want the wake up message played on and tap save.

When you ready, you simply say, Alexa, wake me up in 45 minutes in the bedroom.

At the moment this is limited to minutes, but I will be pushing an update soon that will allow you
to say, Alexa, wake me up in 3 hours 45 minutes in the bedroom.

Shortly after that will come the ability to say, Alexa, wake me at 3:45 in the bedroom.

UPDATE

Update to the Rooms app only ~ “Version 4.6, Revision 0.3.1”

This update brings and expansion to the delays feature.

You can set delays for devices, Logic Blocks, and Pistons by doing the following… (example is a Logic Block)

Alexa, wake me up in 35 minutes in the bedroom
Alexa, wake me up in 3 hours in the bedroom
Alexa, wake me up in 3 hours and 35 minutes in the bedroom

Coming soon “Alexa, wake me up at 6am in the bedroom”

im just now starting to install echosistant again. i just realized i still had the old version and was wondering for a while why it seemed not to be working as before.

anyways, on STEP 11, is it really supposed to say
"11. You will not copy and paste your LAMBDA ARN in the “Default Region” box.
Then click on “Save Endpoints” at the top of the screen.

if instructions on this step is TRUE, then im not sure what ive missed since i am not able to do a TEST.

Im thinking i should be copying and pasting my LAMBDA ARN but i can’t find anywhere where i can find it.

thanks in advance.

lol… That should say, “You will now copy and paste your LAMBDA ARN in the “Default Region” box.”

Thanks for catching that. I’ll fix it now.

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=EchoSistant#Lambda_Function

Step 13 shows you where to get your ARN

thanks!

now when i do the test… its just the equivalent of a “sand clock”…

i do not get any result.

What exactly are you typing in?

setup invocation same as in the wiki installation instructions. as “house”

typed “this is a test in the house” . but nothing is happening. .

im setting this up away from home but i dont think it should matter or does it?

Sorry, I’ve been away for a couple of days. Are you still having problems?

UPDATE

Please update the Rooms app.
This update includes some behind the scenes updates and minor bug fixes.

Thanks.

“Version 4.6, Revision 0.3.2”

no worries. same here.

yes. i seem not to able to successfully do the TEST step. nothing happens when i type “THIS IS A TEST IN THE HOUSE”.

does it matter if i do all these setting up away from home?

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Please note ~ Due to the major changes of the Rooms app UI you will need to verify each of your rooms configurations for device selections. Please check each of your rooms after updating.

This is a major update of the Rooms app to include UI restructuring for ease of use and configuration. Behind the scenes changes are dramatic and have greatly improved reliability with both control and feedback.

Please see the Wiki ~~ EchoSistant Wiki ~~ focusing on Section 6 & 7 for updated command structures and capabilities.

Please update all apps in the Community Installer or via the ST IDE.

Parent App ~ Version 4.6, Revision 0.0.4
Rooms App ~ Version 4.6, Revision 0.3.5

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

This update is for the EchoSistant Rooms app and focuses on the Delay Actions commands.
I have expanded the ability to delay and schedule actions to cover most scenarios.

Please update to the following Version: Version:4.6 R.0.3.6

You can read about the update below and in the EchoSistant Wiki at Delayed Commands and Schedules

=== Delayed Commands, Schedules, Alexa Alarms ===

Delayed commands allow you to make things happen, sometime in the future. They are very simple to use.

==== Delays ====

You have several options, delays can be set 1 minute, multiple minutes, 1 hour, multiple hours, both
hours and minutes, and on/off for xx minutes.

You can initiate delayed commands by saying things like:

Alexa, turn on the corner light in one minute in the bedroom.
Alexa, turn off the office lamp in five minutes in the bedroom

Alexa, turn on the lights in 1 hour in the living room
Alexa, turn off the fans in 4 hours and 15 minutes in the bedroom (this command is limited to a single command only)

Alexa, turn on the xbox for 30 Minutes in the kids room (This command only works on devices that accept the on/off commands) *** I’m highlighting this command because I have not found another verbal solution for this action. This command allows you to turn on/off a device immediately while scheduling it to be turned on/off at any point in the future.

All delays can be cancelled by saying: “Alexa, cancel the delays in the room”

==== Schedules ====

You can now schedule an action to take place in the future at a specific time by saying:

Alexa, turn on the fans at 530 p.m. in the bedroom

==== Amazon Echo Alarms ====

Amazon Echo Alarms are designed to be used with both the Echo Alarms and your SmartThings devices. Using EchoSistant you
can now easy set an alarm on your echo device and schedule your actions to occur when the alarm is activated. Please note
that the Echo Device Alarm is NOT the trigger for your SmartThings actions.

Please use this format when using this feature:

Alexa, create an alarm and turn on the lights at 530 a.m. in the bedroom.

If you are wanting to just create an alarm on your Echo, I recommend you use the Native command of Alexa, set an alarm.

As usual, please let me know about any problems or requests and while donations are not ever a requirement, they are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Big update coming. I’m updating the wiki and then I’ll push it out… unless I find some bugs.

You should look forward to never building an AWS skill manually again!

2 Likes

cant wait to give this another go again…

1 Like

EchoSistant Version 5.0 has been released. Please see the first post in this thread.

1 Like

I just installed community installer for the first time, and it shows “Echosistant4”, but not Echosistant 5.0. Is this the same?
(EDIT: in case it matters, i have not installed echosistant previously)

It is the same. I’ll fix that. Thanks

Edit: It’s fixed!

Please update the rooms app to Version:5.0 R.0.0.2

This includes:
~ bug fix for creating alarms on echo devices.
~ added ability to create alarms on multiple echo devices

Examples:
Assumes EchoSistant rooms are “Timmy’s room” and “Jimmy’s room” as well as a room “Kids rooms”
Each kid has an echo and that device is select in each kids room respectively and all devices are selected in the “Kids” room… as well as any devices that can be controlled.

You have these options.

• Create an alarm at 5 pm in Timmy’s room

• Create an alarm and turn on the lights at 5 pm in Timmy’s room

• Create an alarm at 6 pm in Jimmy’s room

• Create an alarm and turn on the lights at 6 pm in Timmy’s room

• Create an alarm and turn on the lights at 530 pm in the Kids rooms.

Enjoy!

Please update the Parent app to Version:5.0 R.0.0.2

This update includes a feature I have been working on for a while and finally feel comfortable with its release now.

Multi Room Commands.

Quite simply what this means is that you are no longer limited to giving commands to only one room at a time. For example:

As you are walking out of the kitchen you can say, Alexa, turn on the lights in the living room and turn off the lights in the kitchen.

As you can see with the last few releases there have been some very powerful additions to the app. Thank you all for your ideas and your support and keep them coming.