[OBSOLETE] EchoSistant Ver 5.0 ~ Updated Release (2018)

UPDATE

Small update to the Rooms app.

This includes a bug fix that was caused by a bug fix that was fixing a bug. Sorry bout that.

UPDATE

This update incorporates some minor UI changes and behind the scenes things.
It also fixes a major bug in the WebCoRE Piston executions.

You can now execute your WC Pistons in the following manner:

Rooms app - Select your Piston and execute it by name.

• Piston (weather report) ~ Alexa, run piston weather report in the office

Logic Blockz app - Select your piston and execute it either by device or location actions, or by voice. At this level you can give your Logic Block any name you want and up to 5 different execution command phrases.

• Piston (weather report) and Logic Block trigger phrase (Damn I am freezing/wow it is cold/this is crazy/etc.etcā€¦) ~ Alexa, (trigger phrase) in the office. /Alexa, damn I am freezing in the office/

This gives you a huge amount of power over your automations with the use of voice controlled WebCoRE Pistons.

Parent App - Version 4.6 R.0.0.3
Rooms App - Version 4.6 R.0.2.5
Logic Blockz App - Version 2.0 R.0.5.2

This looks unreal. As we donā€™t have official smart things integration in Australia this will let me move my language back to English au
Just wondering if you have to say a specific command to get it going or can you talk to Echo sentient naturally?

The app has been designed to make your experience with Alexa as natural as possible.

for exampleā€¦ if you want the lights in your living room to change color to blueā€¦ you just say, Alexa, set the color to blue in the living room.

If you want to know what windows are currently openā€¦ Alexa, what windows are open in the house.

If you run across something that isnā€™t working the way you want, let me know and Iā€™ll do my best to get it for you.

1 Like

Pheonomal thank you!

Make sure to read the wiki. Iā€™m working on keeping it up to date, but it takes second fiddle to work on the appā€¦ so it tends to lag behind a little bit.

1 Like

UPDATE UPDATE

Please update the Parent, Rooms, and Logic Blockz apps

Parent App - Version 4.6, Revision 0.0.4 ~ This update is simply code cleanup
Logic Blockz - Version 2.0, Revision 0.5.2 ~ Bug fix in WebCoRE piston execution
Rooms App - Version 4.6, Revision 0.2.8 ~ Updates include:

• Set room specific permission for controlling SHM. This allows you to restrict rooms from having control of it, such as the kids or guest rooms.
  • Added audio notifications kill switches with auto-restore feature. Create a virtual switch in ST and use this in your automations that control your rooms (automations not from EchoSistant). Example would be a message control piston in WC that announces to multiple rooms and has conditions for those rooms. Use the VS as a restriction for the particular room. You can now say, Alexa, stop the notifications in the bedroomā€¦ or, Alexa, are the notifications on in the bedroom. She will turn the switch on and off and tell you if it is on or off when asked. You can also set a predetermined amount of time that the switch will turn back on to allow your notifications to restart. You can do this with both Automations and with Notifications to the room.
  • and finally there was a bug in the Alexa Feelings commands for adjusting your dimmer groups. You can say Alexa, decrease the lights in the living room, or Alexa, itā€™s too bright in the kitchen.

If you see any bugs or want a feature added, let me know.

Please take note that if you are using WebCoRe Pistons with EchoSistant you will need to set your pistons up as ā€œDoā€ pistons. Below is a simple example:

Also, please update your Rooms app. Just a small update to fix the Alexa response when running a Logic Block Shortcut.

Rooms App - Version 4.6, Revision 0.2.9

iā€™m half way through setup but must have done something wrong. hoping you can help -

Iā€™m here:
11. Click on Alexa Skills Kit in the left hand tool bar and then scroll down. At the
bottom click on ā€œDisableā€ and then click ā€œAddā€.

There is no alexa skills kit listed to select under triggers.

I completed the dev registration for alexa skills so maybe it takes a while to be available under lambda?

thank you

EDIT: I had my alexa skills dev account set to Australia. I set it to US and it appeared but iā€™m worried about issues i may have using this as my amazon account region is Australia.

I made the House skill but the test doesnā€™t passā€¦note my language is English AU

When you created your Lambda account, what region did you select? You must select one that has Alexa skills kit active and use that one, along with a corresponding language.

thanks for the reply! i selected N virignia same as yours

I can select Asia Pacific Sydney but not sure if it will let me get through the setup for alexa skills. I can try again

EDIT: If i set region to Australia for alexa skills kit and lambda region to Asia Pacific (sydney) the alexa skill set kit is not available to select under triggers.

Iā€™m pretty sure they must match. You can use these regions for the Lambda, and choose a matching language.

1 Like

according to here

I canā€™t select sydney but can select asia pacific (tokyo) to build alexa skills kit .

But no luck - i still get this error when testing the skill.

add another language to your skills.

Go to Build ā†’ click on your language in the top left corner and select Language Settings.

click on Add a new language and save. Then go to test and select that language for the test.

yep i had english AU in there already. I also tried English US but no luck.

i really appreciate your help tho

what language did you build your lambda in?

When you change the language in the Lambda, you must build a new Function for that language. They do not cross over unlike the skill.

I have only selectedx region in lambda no language setting - perhaps i missed it

i built it in Asia Pacific Sydney + Tokyo (tokyo is my only option for asia pacific as there are only four regions that can build alexa skills kit)

NOTE I did re build the function when changing the region only

Sorry, I mean region.

Try setting your Lambda region to N. Virginia and then build your skill in US English.

ok will do

edit: no luck - will have to spend more time on it later. thanks again

1 Like