[OBSOLETE] EchoSistant Ver 5.0 ~ Updated Release (2018)

I have just pushed an update to the parent and rooms apps. Please update your EchoSistant.
This update includes some general bug fixes.

parent app = Version: 4.6 R.0.0.2a
rooms app = Version:4.6 R.0.1.8

1 Like

Hi @bamarayne,

I just installed EchoSistant and am experimenting. Currently I only have a “House” room.

If I say “Alexa, how many lights are on in the house?” I get the correct response of 11
If I say “Alexa, is there any motion in the house?” I get “I am not detecting any activity in the house”

But, I am sitting across the room from a motion detector which shows active in SmartThings. I have that motion sensor checked for feedback in “House”

Is there anything I can do to help debug this?

Thanks, the SmartApp looks very good so far

Hello Bob,
Thanks for installing EchoSistant.
I’m sending you a pm to see if we can you up and running correctly.

Please update your Rooms app to Version:4.6 R.0.1.8b

• Bug fix in motion detection

Y’all are doing great finding the little bugs that are lurking around in the code. You’d think they would all be gone by now!

Another update to the Rooms App. Version 4.6 R.0.1.8c

@bamarayne , I would like to thank you for your time.

With app Echosistant Ver4.6 ,now I can have the report from Alexa voice and text on my Fire tablets in all rooms in the house ( door, windows, lights, fan 
 ).

P/S : Beer was sent to your home !

Thank you sir. I’m very appreciate of the beer and I’m even more thrilled you’re getting good use from the app.

Let me know if you have any features you’d like
 I’m always happy to programs.

I will be pushing an update in the next couple of days. I have completely reworked the Command and Control structure to really beef up the reliability and the compound commands.

The biggest thing is the compound commands. Here are some features

• no longer restricted to two commands. You can now give a command like this:
    Alexa, turn off the corner light and slow down the ceiling fan and turn on the tv in the living room.

• multiple delayed commands at once:
    Alexa, turn off the corner light in 5 minutes and turn on the ceiling fan in 10 minutes in the living room

• ability to execute commands and send messages together:
    Alexa, tell the boys that dinner will be ready soon and turn off the kids games in 10 minutes

You can pretty much send any combination of compound commands that you can think of. But, if you find one that doesn’t work, let me know so we can make it work!

I’m finishing up the code and doing some final testing. I will have this version out to you asap!

[quote=“bamarayne, post:49, topic:143631, full:true”]

• multiple delayed commands at once:
    Alexa, turn off the corner light in 5 minutes and turn on the ceiling fan in 10 minutes in the living room
    [/quote].

Hmm. I can imagine some confusion on that one. For example: “Tell Bob to take the trash out and close the garage door” meaning you want Bob to close the garage door after taking out the trash, but Alexa closes it before the trash goes out.

Everything is working great for me. Great job on the app!

hmmmm
 that is a good point. I guess we can’t do everything lol
 but I’m going to work on this.

You could say, “Tell Bob to take out the trash then close the garage door”

Sure, if you remember. :slight_smile:

I think it would probably work out that I’d want to use two commands far more often than I’d want to broadcast a compound sentence that could also be misinterpreted.

That is true. The compounds have their usefulness though and can make things easier. I use single commands a lot more than the compound commands, but they are nice to have when you want them

well, what I just did, as a starter, was set it so that if you say this

“Alexa, tell Bob to take out the trash and then turn on the corner light” it just sends the entire message to Bob.

but, if you say,
Alexa, tell Bob to take out the trash and turn on the corner light" it tells bob to take out the trash and it also turns on the corner light.

a small bit to remember, but I can build on it from there.

Seems like a good solution.

1 Like

Do we have to remove and replace the lambda code too?

Do you mean when I push out the next release? No. The only time you mess with the Lambda or Skills is when they are first created, unless I specifically say they must be updated.

Thought I would let everyone know, the work is going great and I should have it ready very soon. I’ve been tied up with family stuff, but the teaching has been showing an amazing new reliability and accuracy.

Give me another day or two and it should be ready.

1 Like

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Today’s update introduces quite a few changes in the EchoSistant environment. Most important: if you have created shortcuts in your Rooms you will need to remove them before updating the app.

EchoSistant Parent app: Version 4.6, Revision 0.0.2b
Changes to the app are minor with a few UI changes and some code revisions

EchoSistant Rooms app: Version 4.6, Revision 0.1.9a
Changes to the rooms app are almost entirely behind the scenes in the code, but they are major changes. You will find the control engine has been completely rewritten to allow for much more control of the system. Compound commands have been greatly expanded. You are no longer restricted to only two commands. You can now give as many commands as you can speak to Alexa during her listening window.
An example would be: Alexa, turn on the ceiling fan and turn off the lights and turn on the fireplace in the living room.
The command structure has been expanded and streamlined as well. Accuracy and reliability have been improved. You can control individual devices, device groups, and custom groups within your rooms. The ‘Alexa Feelings’ commands have been improved as well. Are you cold while sitting in the living room? Just say, Alexa, it’s cold in the living room. She responds by slowing down the ceiling fan. Are the lights to bright for your mood? just tell Alexa, it’s too bright in the living room and she will dim them for you.

EchoSistant Rooms Shortcuts has been changed to Echosistant Logic Blocks.

EchoSistant Logic Blocks: Version 2.0, Revision 0.5.0
You will find a much more robust rules engine for your environment. Your Logic Blocks are able to be triggered by just about any device or location action that exist in your SmartThings System. You can also execute the shortcut by simply telling Alexa to do it. An added bonus are the custom reports. You create the report you want by selecting your devices and using the appropriate variables. You reports can be read back to you on demand or sent as push and text messages. Create a Logic Block for your House Room Profile, name it GoodNight. Select all of your actions such as setting SHM, changing the mode, turning off lights, running ST routines and executing WebCoRE Pistons. You add in a report that checks your windows, doors, and lights and when you say, Alexa, tell the House Goodnight she responds by reading your report back to you. "I am setting the mode to sleep and arming the security system. I have checked the windows and all windows are closed. I’ve checked the doors and found the garage door is open. There are 7 lights on as well. Have a good night, would you like anything else?

I am working to update the EchoSistant Wiki to give you much more information about the EchoSistant system.

Update and enjoy. You can update through the IDE or the preferred method is to use the Community Installer app to install and update your system.

1 Like

I’ve pushed out an update. Please update all three of the apps in the IDE or community installer.

Updates include:
Parent app: logic to work around spelling quirks of names
Rooms app: bug fixes and other stuff in the feedback and in the control logic.
Logic Blocks app: Added several new variables for the reports.