[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Evolved ~ Amazon Echo's Only Assistant with Robust Scheduling and Flexible Reporting

Thanks so much. I’m gonna try to finish this install - doing it all over again in a couple weeks will only improve my understanding. In the meantime, I’ve got the Profiles (child) app installed, and now the wiki suggests creating a profile before continuing. In the ST app on my phone (iOS), under Profiles it asks for Profile Name and notes that it must match the “Intent Name.” What is meant by this? I don’t wanna screw anything up. Thanks again…

1 Like

When you create your AWS skill, you have to name the skill intent the same as your profile name. That’s all in the wiki, in section 7. Follow the wiki and you’ll do fine. Just ask if you get stuck.

A quick but very important update in the week in review.

1 Like

Hi Guys,

I’m in Step 7 now - The Amazon Dev Account stuff. I’m in the dev console, on the Interaction Model page, and the Add Slot type button is greyed out/unclickable. Ideas? Thanks as always…

They changed the UI… add the data you need in the box, and that will unlock the add slot button

Thanks, I kinda figured. And I found the lists of items that will populate the Types, so I think I’m all set. Thank you again for the hand-holding and encouragement!

1 Like

Good luck and enjoy after the hard work of getting everything installed :smile:

Hey, so are there fewer types now? LIST_OF_DEVICES and LIST_OF_SYSTEM_CO…(truncated) seem to be missing from the list on the GitHub page…

And now there is an error, because the sample utterances calls for cDevices and there’s no LIST_OF_DEVICES. :confounded:

Totally botched that description. Here is the actual text of the error:
Error: There was a problem with your request: Unknown slot type ‘LIST_OF_DEVICES’ for slot ‘cDevice’

List of devices and list of system … come from ES app… it’s a copy/paste but not from the same file as the other slots…

Search the wiki to this sectio…

Once you have completed step 5, follow these directions before moving forward: 1) Log into the ST IDE website. 2) Navigate to the Live Logging section 3) Leave this web page open 4) Open the EchoSistant smartapp and navigate here: —> From the Main Page —> Install and Support —> Tap to view setup data for the AWS Main Intent Skill. 5) You will now see two (2) tabs. The first is your LIST_OF_DEVICES and the second is the LIST_OF_CONTROLS. When you tap on each of these the list will appear both in the app and in your Live Logs. You can then copy and paste the list from the live logging into the AWS custom slots as you follow the directions in the following steps.

Ah, yes, I remember that now - seemed cryptic at the time but makes sense now. Thanks again…

You’ve been warned lol… You are almost done, though…

Okay, now it’s saying “Error: away is a repeated value. Values for a custom slot type can’t be repeated.” But, I can’t see any second instance of “away” in any of the slots.

Do you have an away device (or a device that contains away)?

Okay, now I’m going nooB on ya…what exactly do you mean? Away is a SHM Status, no? All my open closed sensors are used in Away (or, at least they are now…oops). Is that what you mean by a device that contains away?

Update: Found it. Somehow there was a second, uncapitalized “away” buried in the system controls. Wonder if that is wreaking havoc somewhere else in my systems…

1 Like

Hi,

I have my setup done and “this is test” is also responding appropriately.
But if I issue any feedback command, i get null pointer in smartthings smartapp code. Please find below the debug log.

6df529b5-6df8-4ad8-abd5-e185f0b4ca28  6:01:44 AM: debug Launch Data: (event) = 'feedback', (Lambda version) = '4.0', (Lambda release) = '4.0.00', (ST Main App release) = 'R.0.3.4'
6df529b5-6df8-4ad8-abd5-e185f0b4ca28  6:01:44 AM: debug ^^^^____LAUNCH REQUEST___^^^^
6df529b5-6df8-4ad8-abd5-e185f0b4ca28  6:01:34 AM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method toLowerCase() on null object @ line 3772
6df529b5-6df8-4ad8-abd5-e185f0b4ca28  6:01:34 AM: debug Feedback data: (fDevice) = 'garage', (fQuery) = 'what's',(fOperand) = 'undefined', (fCommand) = 'undefined', (fIntentName) = 'feedback'
6df529b5-6df8-4ad8-abd5-e185f0b4ca28  6:01:34 AM: debug Begining Process data: (event) = 'feedback', (ver) = '4.0', (date) = '2/17/2017', (release) = '4.0.00'; data sent: pContinue = 'false', pShort = 'false', pPendingAns = 'false', versionSTtxt = '4.0', releaseSTtxt = 'R.0.3.4' outputTxt = 'null' ; other data: pContCmdsR = 'init', pinTry'=null'

The echosistant smart app line @3772 corresponds to:

deviceMatch = cSwitch?.find {d -> d.label.toLowerCase() == fDevice?.toLowerCase()}
1 Like

No, sorry. I meant if you named a device “Away”…

Interesting, we screen for duplicates before we give you the list. That’s a bug…But will be fixed in v5…(there will be no more system control list…)

Neh, device label is not usually used for anything else in your system… You could have Away mode, Away routine, Away switch and Away motion sensors and it wouldn’t matter…

1 Like

Are you all set now?

1 Like

nice work debugging! Likely, the problem is, that you have a switch (usually virtual switch) that has no label. If you don’t have 200 switches, I suggest checking the labels for each of your switches in ide… If you have a lot of switches, then we will need to work together to find the faulty device. Let me know…

2 Likes

@GoSmitty You are a brave man! I did warn you. LMAO!!! See the light?

How awesome are these guys like @SBDOBRESCU, on this forum?!

2 Likes