[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Evolved ~ Amazon Echo's Only Assistant with Robust Scheduling and Flexible Reporting

This one is because Alexa hears living room, but your skill is called livingroom so Alexa doesn’t know they are the same. My living room is set up as follows:

Profile is called Lliving
Skill invocation is living room
Skill intent is living

@bamarayne uses a different combination…

My profile is 'LivingRoom"
invocation is “living room”
intent is “LivingRoom”

the intent and profile name must match “Exactly”

This was posted by Jason’s favorite girl.

This goes back to the stuff I was talking about with using male versus female voices.

1 Like

Just to make sure everyone is clear! We did not change the name to Josh and we still have Jason do the videos. Now that the record is straight, compound commands may come to an Alexa device near you, sooner than you may expect without using Josh as your invocation word for your Profile!

1 Like

Clarification - favorite girl = Josie :slight_smile:

1 Like

WAF with Josie and the pussycats :sunglasses:

My Notification Profiles stopped working over the weekend. Going into the app setup, it seems that it has lost some of its settings, especially the Notification Type. Once the Notification Type has been checked again, the notification phrase re-appeared. This happened to all of my 7 Notification Profiles.
I went into all of them, added the Notification Type and Trigger (which was also missing with some of the Profiles.)
But I still don’t get my Notifications / Announcements.
Any ideas what happened? (I’m on the latest version of the app)

1 Like

That’s not good. I’ll look into it first thing in the morning. Sorry about that…

Your feedback is very important to us! The results of this poll will decide the future of EchoSistant!

Next version of EchoSistant will consolidate the app in one easy to use, simplified UI and installation process. But with aggressive streamlining comes a price to be paid. Backwards compatibility may not be possible.

How important is to you, to maintain backwards compatibility with your existing EchoSistant install? (1 to 5, with 5 being the most important).

NOTE: Maintaining backwards compatibility will limit our ability to provide a more flexible and more reliable new version of EchoSistant

0 voters

I have reversed the changes made to align the app with changes made to RemindR (see post from 3 days ago). Some of the changes are incompatible. I may attempt merging them again if I find a better solution. Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. Please update again and reset the Notifications (open and click done).

Thanks Bobby. I’ve done that, but for now, it does not seem to have cured the problem. I’ll get back to you should anything change for the better.

1 Like

Virtual Presence issue:

I have created a Virtual Presence, named: SK

But I can’t get it work. Anyone can help? Thanks.

check in or check in SK
"text": "I’ve heard command named check in but I wasn’t able to take any actions , try again? "

SK
"text": " how may I help you? "

“Tell” also works. I use a person’s name for my invocation word so it makes it sound more natural. Give your house a name - Example - Betsy. Then try “Alexa, tell Betsy to unlock the front door”.

One of my favorites is when guests come over and are concerned about automatic lights etc. “Alexa, tell Betsy to Not Freak Everyone Out” - which runs a routine to change to guest mode - limiting automations and of course announcing the change via BIG Talker for their benefit.

2 Likes

The name of your virtual presence is SK? Which would also be the name of the profile. Did you change the name of the virtual device after you created it?

If you did change the name, change it back to the name of the profile.

I did as below…

1. Created a SK in AWS. (Invocation Name: sk)
  2. Created a SK Profiles in EchoSistant smart app
  3. Select “Activate Virtual Person and Actions” --> click "Tap Her to Create the Virtual Person Device ~ ‘SK’
  4. Then I can view SK as a Thing in Smartthings app.

hi,

I’ve just tried to use the room control feature as described in the tutorial.
I have created a profile named saloon because livingroom conflicts with my other invocations on Alexa.

now when I “tell saloon hello” it says “hello” on the speakers
but when I say “it is too dark in the saloon” , alexa says “hmmm I don’t know that one”

on the aws skill test page , it gives the following response to “this is a test of the saloon profile”

{
“response”: {
“outputSpeech”: {
“type”: “PlainText”,
“text”: “”
},
“card”: {
“content”: “”,
“title”: “EchoSistant Free Text”,
“type”: “Simple”
},
“shouldEndSession”: true
},
“sessionAttributes”: {}
}

what may be wrong with the setup ?

No words. In case you missed this. @femwitjava Great share Andreea!

This is a response directly from the native Alexa, not from EchoSistant.

Please show your live logs for sending a message and for the lights control.

Also, did you select your dimmers in the profile?

Does Alexa respond when you try to do anything with the profile named SK.

It may be as simple as using a word for your profile name instead of letters.

In the AWS skill, did you change the intent name to SK? As shown in the directions?