[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Evolved ~ Amazon Echo's Only Assistant with Robust Scheduling and Flexible Reporting

I’m looking forward to being able to push to an echo. You can believe we will be all over that… As EchoSistant is… The Alexa Echo Assistant

For now, you can place your Bose or Sonos Speaker right next to Echo and send notifications with commands for Alexa to perform without having to talk to her :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Check this out!

That’s a pretty cool setup.

I also like the post from JD in that thread about CNET recommending placing a Nest Cam next to Echo. I had never heard anyone doing it and I was going out of town for the week and I had yet to set up any Automations and had just bought a couple Nest Cams and I set it up where the Nest cam was sitting about 8 inches above my Echo. So when I was out of town I would just view the cam, hold the mic and have her turn on and off lights.

1 Like

and speaking of lights, I think I had mentioned to you before that I had purchased a few Hue BR30 lights and ended up returning those because they now way compare to the A19 color spectrum (the closest you can get to Arctic Aurora on them is an off purple almost blue). So I returned those and got the LIFX BR30 with the infrared. Omg those kick azz. Not only do they cover the same color spectrum, having the infrared set to only 50% in a completely dark room,like with one of your Nest Cams, amazing. Gonna swap out to of my A19s out back with the LIFX A19 Infrared for my outdoor nests. Lol don’t know how I ended up talking lights.

2 Likes

Was this the feature that was being discussed back in January in the thread that you were participating in around ST security concerns that they had and implemented in April?

Really?! I barely remember yesterday and you want me to remember a discussion from January when all I had in mind was to finish coding the ES … :slight_smile: LOOOL

2 Likes

LMFAO - it was the discussion, well I would say it went beyond discussion between tgauchet and geko. That might ring a bell hehe.

Ha, that doesn’t help! I am always interjecting between those two. I like to instigate :smile:

You are too funny!

1 Like

Man you’ve got a good memory. That was back in November 2015!

And no, the issue at hand here is not about privacy, as it is stitching together ST official capabilities in a easy to use UI :smile: The process to have two location communicate to each other doesn’t open vulnerabilities. Is just an exchange of events, in which both parties have to agree to it (both users must subscribe to each orher’s events).

1 Like

@jasonrwise77

Here is my full list of smart apps. I am guessing the dead one may be one of the lock apps. Those keep getting updated and killed it seems.

ive recently noticed my WEATHER UPDATES getting cut-off. Alexa would announce weather update and then gets cut-off.

im using my Samsung R1 for notifications.

Not yet, I appreciate the follow up. I actually went to bed early last night and I’ve been actually working all day!

I’ll keep trying tonight.

1 Like

The Echo Show is available on Amazon for Pre Order and will be released on June 28th:

Start thinking ahead guys!

Lol, already on it!

You guys see the update amazon Echo app 2.0. It allows messaging and voice calls between mobile <> Amazon Echo.

2 Likes

The one thing that irritates me is that I have to use the Amazon shopping app to use Alexa on my phone. Since I rewrote the echo app you think they would have its own dedicated app

I was doing a search and came across this Demo from October?

1 Like

It is unclear if this will be made available for the custom skills… But that’s after about 20 min researching :slight_smile: More to come … Definitely the cams will not be custom at first, only Smart Home :frowning: That’s a sign!!!

1 Like