[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Evolved ~ Amazon Echo's Only Assistant with Robust Scheduling and Flexible Reporting

ok, well never mind. You updated it since I installed, yes that is what i was looking for.

Question about things that are smart wiki. Do you only get one page link for the documentation and have to perform what I will call circular references in one single document, or do they give you the ability to have several pages reserved for different links? Iā€™m asking this because documentation would be a lot easier of you could store everything in one main document that always remains static, and then where you have things like lambda, Amazon developer, troubleshooting, tips and tricks, issues log, etc., you simply refer to those docs from the main doc. That way when it comes to maintaining, itā€™s easier to update the smaller docs and not have to reformat one gargantuan document.

Yes, thatā€™s what we programmed it to do. But with the amount of problems users have had figuring that, I lead then through the hard way to make sure itā€™s accurate.

Accuracy counts!

1 Like

Iā€™ve been wanting to break it up, just havenā€™t had time. There are literally a couple hundred hours in what you see now.

Great suggestion, and I plan to do that.

I have no doubt how much time went in and will continue to go in. I asked Tony the other day, how many times a week does he wake up, and ask ā€œwhat the hell did I get myself into?ā€, not realizing exactly how big this might be and take off the way it has. Thereā€™s a price to pay for greatness and in your case, itā€™s documentation!

1 Like

In my spare time, Iā€™m trying to take their documentation and layout a format that will help them maintain it the way I mentioned above. Just wasnā€™t sure if things that are smart allows you to have multiple page references for the same app.

1 Like

Tell me about it! Between Bobby and I working this projectā€¦ Easily a few thousand hours of work.

And we are in the ship almost daily working on it.

We have some amazing features coming to version five.

I know myself and everyone else out here is looking forward to everything you guys bring to this app on a daily basis and the continuous effort that you give in trying to help out every single person. If you could get rid of the self induced errors by figuring out that happy medium in the docs that cuts out some of the redundant errors that I see repeated most likely from newer ST customers doing something like this for the first time, that would give you guys even more time to focus on development instead of troubleshooting something thatā€™s not really an issue. The hours spent alone on that I know from reading have to be enormous as well. Anyway, you guys keep up the great work as I k ow it is appreciated by everyone!

Hey donā€™t freak out @greg nowā€¦ :smile: We are not near v5 completion. Our goal is to let v4 fully mature, so v5 is down the road with lessons learned from v4ā€¦

1 Like

Oh and a completely separate doc for upgrading. This would eliminate another major pain point when it comes to those trying to install first time versus seeing all the upgrade material in between everything. You could even include a cliff notes version for advanced users of like an 8 step process. 1) Update repo from GitHub for app a and chipd app b, 2) insert new main intent code here 3) add new command types here, yada yada yada. You get what Iā€™m saying :slight_smile:

I like that plan. Sometimes itā€™s better to let simmer a bit, and get more flavor out of the current version.

2 Likes

Great idea! Iā€™m liking your suggestionsā€¦

Yeah, version five is going to have some new featuresā€¦ But itā€™s going to be a big release. Weā€™re had to slow down productionā€¦ So version five is going to be here no time soon.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your help! Things are much clearer now.

1 Like

No problemā€¦ We are happy to help!

Updated Ask Alexa via the IDE. Received an error message that Lambda code need to be updated.
Updated the Lambda code to 1.2.5 (added IDā€™s)
Updated slots
Updated sample utterances
App version is 2.2.4b

When I ask about a device I get silence.

Log error
5:28:27 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.Boolean.contains() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [Primary Message Queue]

What did I do wrong?

Wellā€¦
If youā€™re trying to use EchoSistant, you installed the wrong app.
If youā€™re trying to use askAlexa, youā€™re in the wrong thread.

LolšŸŒ¼

1 Like

HA! wrong thread
And while I have you hereā€¦

When I ask what lights are on EA responds There are x lights on. Would you like to know which lights? Then it goes quiet and doesnā€™t respond.

1 Like

Did you say yes?

Yes. Alexa goes quiet and dark after she asks.

5717e171-4faa-440f-aa84-6b60c8b1a3a6 5:44:39 PM: debug Feedback data: (fDevice) = ā€˜undefinedā€™, (fQuery) = ā€˜whatā€™, (fOperand) = ā€˜lightsā€™, (fCommand) = ā€˜onā€™, (fIntentName) = ā€˜feedbackā€™
5717e171-4faa-440f-aa84-6b60c8b1a3a6 5:44:37 PM: debug Begining Process data: (event) = ā€˜feedbackā€™, (ver) = ā€˜4.0ā€™, (date) = ā€˜2/17/2017ā€™, (release) = ā€˜4.0.00ā€™; data sent: pContinue = ā€˜falseā€™, pShort = ā€˜trueā€™, pPendingAns = ā€˜falseā€™, versionSTtxt = ā€˜4.0ā€™, releaseSTtxt = ā€˜R.0.3.3dā€™ outputTxt = ā€˜nullā€™ ; other data: pContCmdsR = ā€˜feedbackā€™, pinTryā€™=nullā€™
5717e171-4faa-440f-aa84-6b60c8b1a3a6 5:44:37 PM: debug Launch Data: (event) = ā€˜feedbackā€™, (Lambda version) = ā€˜4.0ā€™, (Lambda release) = ā€˜4.0.00ā€™, (ST Main App release) = 'R.0.3.3dā€™
5717e171-4faa-440f-aa84-6b60c8b1a3a6 5:44:37 PM: debug ^^^^_LAUNCH REQUEST^^^^