[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Evolved ~ Amazon Echo's Only Assistant with Robust Scheduling and Flexible Reporting

Please update the Main app, it should now say I heard that you were looking to “turn” on :slight_smile:

The intent code looks fine, however that doesn’t tell us much why EchoSistant did not get the device name from Amazon. Please read my post above to understand what piece of information EchoSistant is missing:

When the message begins with "I’ve heard (you were looking to) < command > control something … that means Alexa didn’t hear the device name but heard the command (E.G. turn on something)

There are a few things you might want to check. First of all, is the device you are trying to control listed in the “LIST OF DEVICES” …

If it is, then you will need to look in the live logging and locate this line:

Please enable the debug: go to General Settings and click on “Enable Debug Logging”

Ah, enabled debug and it showed up!
12:37:21 PM: info deviceType = general , command = on
27664c36-5936-4901-a529-38b910c507ae 12:37:21 PM: debug Control Data: (ctCommand)= on’,(ctNum) = ‘undefined’, (ctPIN) = ‘undefined’, (ctDevice) = ‘undefined’, (ctUnit) = ‘Light-Laundry-Room’, (ctGroup) = ‘undefined’, (ctIntentName) = ‘main’
27664c36-5936-4901-a529-38b910c507ae 12:37:21 PM: debug Begining Process data: (event) = ‘main’, (ver) = ‘4.0’, (date) = ‘2/17/2017’, (release) = ‘4.0.00’; data sent: pContinue = ‘null’, pShort = ‘null’, pPendingAns = ‘false’, versionSTtxt = ‘4.0’, releaseSTtxt = ‘R.0.3.1c’ outputTxt = ‘null’ ; other data: pContCmdsR = ‘init’, pinTry’=null’
27664c36-5936-4901-a529-38b910c507ae 12:37:21 PM: debug Launch Data: (event) = ‘main’, (Lambda version) = ‘4.0’, (Lambda release) = ‘4.0.00’, (ST Main App release) = ‘R.0.3.1c’ (ST Child App Release) = null}
27664c36-5936-4901-a529-38b910c507ae 12:37:21 PM: debug ^^^^_LAUNCH REQUEST^^^^

1 Like

Perfect, do you have an item in the LIST OF UNITS called “'Light-Laundry-Room”? Your devices should be in the LIST OF DEVICES custom slot.

Alexa heard you wanted to turn on (something) …(ctCommand)= ‘on’ but that "something is undefined ((ctDevice) = ‘undefined’,)…ctDevice field should be your device name (assume ‘Light-Laundry-Room’)…Because Amazon decided to put your device name in the ctUnit custom slot, EchoSistant doesn’t know what to do with the command “on”. We need to figure out why your device is not listed as ctDevice.

The reason for that may be… your device is not listed in the LIST OF DEVICES slot or your device was accidently added to the LIST OF UNITS slot.

1 Like

What do you have in the list of Units?

When I look in the list of units, the device light-laundry-room is NOT there.

1 Like

Ok, what about the Sample Utterances? Is every line up to date using this file?

PS … that would be the last hope that you will be able to use the device name as it is, without changing its name…

There are 163 sample utterances. I just copied your file. Starts with main {cPIN} and ends with: security get the {sControl} of my {sType}
From my pedestrian standpoint, it all looks good to me!

Do you think it has to do with the device name? Using dashes? After lunch I’ll change the name everywhere and see what happens, if you think that is worth a try.

Well…OK…you have two options to make this work:

A. rename the device
B. remove the following colors from the list of units:

Hi. Well here is the tech tip of the day. The dashes I used in my device naming Light-Laundry-Room appears to be the problem. I renamed the device Lights Laundry Room and it all works okay. Keep away from the dashes!
Thanks for all your help with this problem.

Bob

1 Like

Got it :slight_smile: Glad you got it working…

Thanks for all the work! I got it up and running but haven’t configured any profile yet. My question is how to use the notification add on module? And will the notification be played on my Alexa or I need additional output devices? Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Ryan, congratulations on your install. You will need external speakers connected to ST to receive the notifications. There are ways around having the extra speakers, but it requires android devices running Android 5.1 or higher.

Let me know if you want more information about that.

so without extra speakers, the notification module is useless for sound notifications? I have Bose SoundTouch speakers, but the speakers keep losing connection with ST, so I was hoping to use Alexa for sound notifications.

unfortunately, we can not push to Alexa devices at this time… but it does seem that it is on the radar at Amazon.

I have no idea why your speakers are not working properly, have you contacted ST support about that?

There are work arounds, but they are of course not the preferred method.

You can receive Text messages and Push messages from the notifications module as well.

Thanks for the response. I will try to remove and add the speakers again then. Btw so I created a profile named “MainLights” to turn on a few lights in my house. What is the correct way to ask Echo to perform this profile? “Alexa, ask mainlights to turn on lights”?

Yes, if you have selected the lights within that profile and you put them in the List_of_devices you would say,

Alexa, ask/tell mainlights to turn on the lights.

Feature Release!

Notification & Reporting Add-on has a new weather feature.

Triggers for changes in temperature, humidity, precipitation or wind gusts. If any of these weather elements are important to you, now you can get notifications (or take actions) when the value changes above or below a set threshold.

Thanks @jasonrwise77 for the great idea.

1 Like