[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Evolved ~ Amazon Echo's Only Assistant with Robust Scheduling and Flexible Reporting

Lol that happens when pushing out 50 different changes a night :wink:

So can you wake up Alexa without a voice command yet. I’m looking the article below and my idea for a camera such as if the system is Armed and motion is detected by the camera, all echo devices would be able to automatically soak by saying to of my house, the police have been notified and your picture has been recorded. https://www.padtronics.com/amazon39s-alexa-to-speak-without-voice-commands/

1 Like

*speak by saying

Not yet
 but as soon as Amazon releases that capability
 we are going to be all over it
 that feature is really at the heart of what this entire app is all about
 communication

Love the continued growth of where the app is going!

So not knowing everything behind the scenes, realizing that product maturity is still ongoing and getting yourself a completely stabilized platform is ongoing, but really being able to expose this thing with the additional technology to come how does this become cost effective for you guys as developers? Have you thought about somewhere down the road once you have a completely consumer deployable app (normal consumer without knowledge of technology - kind of plug and play) available, to begin charging some sort of annual subscription cost or some other pay model. I am just asking because I don’t know what the ROI or reward is for creating these apps for free (outside of the donation process). I mean a model hat helps pay for R&D, Support and Maintain., continued future development so this product continues and doesn’t just become legacy when one or both of you move onto something else.

I have another question pertaining to having two apps available AA and ES. Not one versus the other but two apps serving the same audience with some different functionality that one does that the other doesn’t and vice versa. Long term I see this as being a hindrance on the targeted audience. I have both installed and started with AA. For the way I am using this functionality, talking to Alexa was absolutely no different than when I talk to her directly. Having the flexibility to say things almost free format (like the analogy with the little kid, Alexa ugh ya turn the umm lights ya in the kitchen) to me allows a lot more freedom and flexibility than the native Alexa has but into her so I’m just wondering if you guys have thought about collaborating so that one giant ST Digital Assistant exists with one application that contains whatever the other one has that the other is missing. Not something I’m looking for an answer on right now. I just wanted to throw that out to you guys to think about if you haven’t already been doing so. My opinion is that somewhere down the road, the two running side by side will cause more confusion and harm than good if it is isn’t already doing that for the end user now because I see all the AA vs ES questions and which one is better and which one is right for me. Yada yada yada, you get what I’m saying. Alright o have taken up enough of the thread for the day. Let you guys get back at it and keep up the awesome work!

good points
 no comment.

PSA - the retreats in the notifications profile are not working properly. We are aware of the big and are working on it. It will be a bit before it’s fixed as we are both out of commission for a little while.

Recommend disabling any retriggers at this time.

1 Like

UPDATE
found the bug and pushed an update. Please make sure you open and close all Notification Profiles to apply the change. Sorry for the inconvenience that this may have caused
Latest Notifications add-on version is R.0.3.3

1 Like

Hi, I’m trying to set up the SHM security stuff in EchoSistant and got two errors back from Alexa below saying I have devices unsupported by Alexa.

I followed the instructions for step 4&5 and it doesn’t complain about the “Security Off” routine. Any suggestions on what to look for? Do I need to install the Security Suite Plug-in Module as well?

1. Create a routine “Security Away”
    • Turn on these lights or switches
      Security Away
      Security
    • Set Smart Home Monitor to Armed (Away)
    • Automatically perform “Security Off” when

Something Turns On or Off
      Which? Security Away
      Turns On
  2. Create a routine “Security Stay”
    • Turn on these lights or switches
      Security Stay
      Security
    • Set Smart Home Monitor to Armed (Home)
    • Automatically perform “Security Off” when

Something Turns On or Off
      Which? Security Stay
      Turns On

Jason, I am in the UK but have a very rudimentary idea of what I am doing with smartapps. Much patience would be needed to guide me.
I get the
Error: There was a problem with your request: The built-in slot type LITERAL is not supported for this locale._

Did you find anyone to test the update to the Profile AWS Skill?

No problem. Take a look at the current software versions in the wiki. You need to use the ones marked as both and Europe.

I’m in the process of updating the wiki

Thanks Jason. I think I have all the correct software versions, but when I try to set up a profile skill I come unstuck with the error mentioned below. I managed to do it last week without the error - but although the simulator on the AWS console worked, the echo gave errors.
T

You said you are in the UK right? With the error you are receiving above you are not using the right AWS skill intent. The literal intent does not work in Europe.

You must use the

Profile intent
Profile custom slots
Profile utterance

That are labeled for Europe.

Thanks Jason, will try later

1 Like

Has anyone created a webcore piston that triggered upon the execution of an Echosistant profile. I cannot get this to trigger.

What Profile is that?

It’s a profile that works fine in CoRE. When I migrated over to webcore I could not fire the piston and don’t know why.

I’ve tried two Echosistant profiles in webcore and neither work.

To use a cultural reference you are almost certainly too young to appreciate [expletive deleted] brilliant! (Unless you’ve seen Watergate).

Worked a treat. I think that the Wiki has two lists of files and I was looking at one further down.

Speaking as a retired teacher, you’ve done well with the WikI (and the software obviously) as I am absolutely clueless and I have managed to set up EchoSistant now.

Thanks a lot

2 Likes

Are these replicated from CoRE
and they were working fine before? (I assume these are Messaging and Control Profiles, correct?)

It’s a control profile. It works in CoRE. Maybe @ady624 can chime in?